Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

What the hell is a "mom game" anyway?
It's a codeword for "videogames are only for me, a Hardcore Gamer with Forum Opinions"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

This looks like something they threw together specifically for in-store kiosks. I'd be surprised if the dash looks/behaves at all like this on retail hardware.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"Other versions"? It's a Wii U exclusive.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

I'd enjoy an F-Zero if it had something like 10 default racers, 5 unlockables, and like 20 courses with increasing levels of difficulty (new paths on the harder difficulties).

I actually kind of liked the N64 game, but having as many racers as Pokemon and being bone-shatteringly tough means I can't play it with relatives the way my mother enjoyed the easiest whole course of levels.
Since games don't necessarily need to suffer reduced depth of mechanics or amount of content in order to broaden their appeal, I'm usually the first person to criticise people who fret needlessly about "casualisation" of games resulting in a weaker overall experience. That said, this is the first time I have ever seen someone actually advocating for that to happen. :psyduck:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze boxart!

Love it :allears:

I like this a lot aside from the fact that the way the sails and DK's arm are positioned creates a weird seam in the exact vertical centre of the boxart that my eyes keep getting drawn to. :psyduck: :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

ManOfTheYear posted:

What do you mean?

I would have dought one if it's cheaper. I really don't give a flying gently caress about the 3D feature.
It isn't intended for refined videogame connoisseurs who post on videogame message boards, therefore it's worthless trash that will bankrupt Nintendo and leave them forever condemned in the eyes of the True Fans™.

• Locked thread