Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Almost Smart posted:

The only reason to get the deluxe version is to get NintendoLand for about $10 cheaper than retail, plus a system stand and gamepad cradle. As far as internal storage is concerned, 8 and 32GB are almost equally useless if you plan on downloading demos or digital titles.

Also it's black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

That early launch worked out terribly for the Xbox 360 didn't it?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bombadilillo posted:

Forgive me for not being versed in fighting games but from what I have seen every game had characters that get used a lot and that nobody would ever use in a real competition.

I dont mean to start a debate. Smash brothers obviously isnt supposed to be a 'professional' gamer game. But I would NOT want a Smash Brothers that didnt have the availibility of all the wackiness.

The difference is the gulf between tiers of characters. Metaknight is literally better than every other character in the game (i.e. he has no bad matchups meaning >50% winrate against all other characters). Even when Sagat was considered overpowered in vanilla SF4, he still had bad matchups.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Looking at picking up a console for some monster huntin action. I'm assuming that the only version that is worth picking up is the 32gb deluxe version? Looks like EBgames in my area has a "refurbished" one for $50 off which I assume is just some kid buying it on day 1 and then returning it when he finds out there's no games to play on it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Deluxe is normally the way to go, but if you want it for Monster Hunter, I'd suggest getting the Zombi U bundle. It's $385, comes with a 32gb console, digital copy of Nintendoland,a physical copy of Zombi U, and most importantly to you, the Professional Controller.

This will be my first real Monster Hunter experience. I'm gonna see how long I can go with just the Gamepad for now, but my Monster Hunter enthusiast friend tried the demo with both the pad and the professional controller, and he said the professional controller was much better. The sticks are too highly placed on the gamepad. Hopefully I'll adjust.

The 32Gb Deluxe bundle comes with a black Wii U controller that looks vaguely like a 360 controller. Is the one in the Zombi U bundle something with better hardware inside or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

japtor posted:

Yeah them, and a bunch of others really, haven't had anything in a while so I imagine they're all working on something. Of course with the way Nintendo is now we probably won't know until a few months before release in a Nintendo Direct in the middle of the night/early morning.

That's the Pro Controller, the regular Deluxe bundle doesn't have it at all barring some recent unannounced change. It's $50 by itself. So for $40 more you get a $60 game and $50 controller added on.

Ah okay, got the terminology messed up since "gamepad" seems to imply Pro Controller to me. That being said, $299 for a refurb deluxe unit still seems to be a better deal since I can get the $50 controller and save $40 from skipping a game I have no interest in.

• Locked thread