Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Bombadilillo posted:

Im buying Nano assault right away, that thing looks awesome.
Hell yeah. Looks a like a greatly expanded Super Stardust HD, which after Dark Souls is probably the most hours I've put into a game on my PS3. I'm all over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

College Slice
I'd buy Wind Waker HD for $60 if:

- it's released
- I'm alive when it's released

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

College Slice
I finally got a Zelda Wii U bundle earlier today (and the system actually sold out while I was at Target! Granted there were only three in stock, but they were all sold while I was waiting and in line! The system is saved). I've been keeping up on Wii U news and such, but honestly before today I had never actually used one or held the controller. The system is definitely cool, and I love the Gamepad just for how nice the screen looks and works. The whole system and UI are pretty sleek.

And goodness, Wind Waker is gorgeous.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

College Slice
It never ceases to amaze me how well Nintendo understands what's fun in their platformers. 3D World is just a joy to play.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

College Slice

ChibiSoma posted:

I should've never played Mario 3D World before Wonderful 101, because I'm going to break this lovely, heavy, uncomfortable to hold controller long before I beat Champion's Road even once. I'm convinced that it's impossible. Over 200 lives and I haven't gotten past the blinking steps part. I don't understand how non-Peach characters get past the first section, since they can't run fast enough to loving keep up with the blinking blocks, for one god damned thing.

And then the steps afterward have higher steps to them, preventing you from loving getting up them fast enough. You can just hover long enough to let them come back underneath you, but that's about it! Maybe Luigi can do a full jump to do the same thing, I dunno!

Hey. Nintendo. Don't loving make a level that less than 1% of your target audience would ever be able to beat once, let alone the five motherfucking times they need to to 100% the game!

If you ever play this game, don't try to complete it! It will make you loathe it! I consider it one of the worst games I've ever played in my loving life at this point purely based on what's required for 100% completion. It's a lovely, disgusting, romhack stage with no checkpoints or powerups. I hope you like running World 1-1 between every attempt, because that's the fastest way to get powerups. And since you can't do a Start->Select trick like in Super Mario World, you have to finish the level to keep the powerups.
Ah, I remember you from the Dark Souls thread. I'm not sure you how you haven't died from a video game-induced aneurysm yet.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

College Slice

matrix ripoff posted:

It looks like Starfox 64 to me. A HD re-release? Eh.
Based off...what? Some mountains that look vaguely similar to the mountains in the first level of SF64?

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

College Slice
Skyward Sword is an excellent videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

College Slice

Steve2911 posted:

I just want an actual full fledged new Mario game. 3D World doesn't loving count.
How the gently caress doesn't 3DW count?

• Locked thread