Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I know gently caress all about tech, but surely 1GB for the OS isn't that weird if this is a device that streams 2-3 things at once (the console and up to 2 controllers)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Mill Village posted:

I saw that chainsaw controller at Gamestop back when it came out. How are you supposed to hold it? :stare:

No idea but I'm getting the impression it's like a pseudo-arcade stick.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Transferring Wii data to your Wii U, straight from the manual

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/wii_to_wii_u_data_transfer_details_emerge

In order to transfer Wii savedata/WiiWare/VC/DLC/points/Mii's:

quote:

*Insert an SD card into the Wii U
*Run the Wii System Transfer application
*When prompted, put that SD card into the Wii
*Download and run a transfer application from the Wii Shop
*Data will be moved to the SD card, at which point you switch it back to the Wii U
*The data will be moved onto the Wii U and then deleted from the SD card.

So all you need is an SD card and the respective transfer apps on the Wii and the Wii U. Surprisingly simple.

It's also been mentioned that purchases can be shared by all the accounts on that system, so I presume the same would be true for this stuff.

• Locked thread