Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006
I don't know. The second post on Red Cafe is this
http://www.redcafe.net/f7/e-petition-release-govt-hillsborough-files-337931/

Maybe two posters on the first page not 100% behind the Hillsborough victims families but overwhelmingly posters are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

My regular contributor has put together this piece which gives you a good idea of how many Labour politicians were targeted by News Corp, and the offices they held
http://brown-moses.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/news-corp-diplomatic-immunity.html

The range of political office holders is remarkable, and includes THREE Prime Ministers.
Which three?

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006
What's the significance of this speech on Osbourne's in December?

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006
In what possible way would this be legislation by the back door? Surely legislation written and debated in Parliament is the very definition of the front door.

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006

Pasco posted:

:siren:Breaking News:siren:

Five UK phone hacking defendants, including Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson, lose bid to block their prosecutions

I wonder at what point canaries start singing? Will they ever? Even when it becomes totally obvious that they're going to do time?

quote:

The five defendants argued that the accessing of voicemails through hacking, after they had been listened to by the intended recipient, was not an offence under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.

Uh.... what?

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006
Does this mean that Brooks and Coulson have admitted to doing this (hacking voice mails after the messages were listened to)?

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006
What exactly were the previous reporting restrictions on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006
If they'd won the appeal would the restrictions have been reported then? Obviously I am very ignorant, I had thought reporting restrictions only applied to jury cases to prevent the juries being prejudiced.

• Locked thread