Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Everyone seems to be saying this second part is going to be an even greater scandal than hacking a murdered schoolgirl's phone. Burglary of ministers for blackmail is a pretty big deal, can't wait to see what else they were upto if they thought that was fair game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Ofcom have ruled that Sky is "fit and proper" despite pretty much every possible indication that they're not.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Apparently Tom Watson was saying that on the radio this morning with a nudge, heavily implicating that clause would soon be taken up due to the monstrous new revelations about Murdoch's outfits.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Gambrinus posted:

Soon, as in the next couple of hours, or days? It's almost bedtime in New Zealand:)

It's an afternoon paper, so I'd guess in the next few hours, but I'm not sure of the normal release time.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Also you've got a pretty long rap sheet, that might count against you too

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

The wait is killing me. I hope this has as much of an impact as you're hinting!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

He's going to be consecrating the bubbling tarpit that Rupert Murdoch crawled out of 80 years ago. I'd imagine the speech will begin with "in the name of the Holy Spirit..."

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

"The report speaks for itself. I will not be making any further comments. The ball is now back in the politician's court"

Sounds very much like he was deeply unimpressed when Cameron attempted to drag him in to the Hunt/ commons investigation issue, and wants to avoid being used in the political circus that's starting up.

When are Cameron and Clegg's statements?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Given Rebekah Brooks' husband was caught stuffing a laptop full of secrets in a bin I'm not so sure they had any IT advice at all.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

That must have been a great job interview.

"So, where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I'm aiming for one of those luxury prisons, like they have in Sweden"

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

That spokesperson is Malcolm Tucker, right? This is the perfect way to create a story by simply stating the truth. Either that or a poor intern who's about to get fired.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

quote:

Jim Old
‏@SkyFixerJim
Edis: did nobody ever ask, what do we pay this chap for? Somebody must have decided what he was doing was worth a lot of money.

I feel this might be a bit of a sticking point.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Yeah it definitely depends on the law broken and the mood of the copper involved. I once got stopped by the police and they found my filleting knife in the driver's door panel. That's apparently illegal, a fact I was unaware of. They let me off with a warning when I told them I was a butcher even though it was my day off, on the proviso I kept it in my boot in future.

Surely it's far more dangerous in your shoe

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Part of me wonders if Butler-Sloss was set up to make the second offer, no matter how awful and inappropriate, look better by comparison.

I'm pretty sure there's a phrase for that ploy, isn't there?

"The lib dems"?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Pitcairn. It's a British Overseas Territory. Sadly they didn't pick up cricket and went for the other national hobby.

(Also your username is illegal to depict in the UK)

I'm not racist, but what is with this demographic and child molestation? It seems like every week we hear of a new paedophile ring just full of these people. I'm not saying all British and/or white men are bad, but we can't allow them to bring their culture into Britain. Why don't any prominent white men speak out against this?

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2015 around 15:26

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Not a great joke to make, considering the Rotherham scandal.

Rotherham was the point. Specifically, poking fun at all the racists who have blamed the Rotherham culprits on genetics/ culture while conveniently ignoring that argument's implications with the Catholic church, political, and media child molesting circles.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

They made an interesting argument that their island wasn't part of Britain because of their ancestors' capital crime of burning the Bounty.

If it wasn't for all the child surprise sex, I would have been interested to see community-scale sovereign citizenism vs. the last clawing relics of imperialism and might have been on their side.

It's an interesting issue, but Pitcairn had been sending their various incidents to the UK's legal system and accepting the rulings for decades. Add in the islander testimony that the population was aware they were living under British law and there's really not much of an argument.

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at Aug 6, 2015 around 09:18

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

This whole discussion sounds purely academic and quite dumb to boot.

If I ever get sued for posting here, I hope they get very confused and attempt to arrest the legit Supreme Court

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Lowtax told me it's because the President at the time was a goon who got butthurt

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Is the Met Police's Professional Standards unit (DPS) an independent unit, or is this the Met investigating corruption in the Met?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

The open pressure on Zack Goldsmith (Conservative London mayor candidate) is downright creepy. This whole thing increasingly reads like a tinfoil hat theorist's writings, even more so than the initial leaks

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...ing-allegations

quote:

Harvey Proctor, the former Tory MP who has been questioned by police over the alleged paedophile ring and denies any involvement, called for Goldsmith to drop out of the race to become mayor unless he withdraws the statements...

Police are continuing to investigate claims of a paedophile ring in Elm Guest House through Operation Athabasca. Sources have told the Guardian that the inquiry is petering out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

quote:

The earliest known incident was the surprise sex of a 13-year-old girl at Lime Grove in 1959 and his last known incident was in 2006 at the last recording of Top of the Pops.
Smith concludes had these failures been addressed at the time, Savile’s activities could have been curtailed.
loving hell

• Locked thread