Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

PerpetualSelf posted:

I have a hard time believing all this. Can anyone prove to me this is not just a exercise in distraction perpetrated by the elites on the lower classes to keep them occupied and ignorant of the real issues in the world?

Well, you can't really prove a negative, but I can point out that I don't think this all makes sense as a distraction because impunity for select serial murders, serial rapists and serial child-rapists is pretty threatening to us and these networks coming under scrutiny is pretty threatening to them, even if it's really only the defunct portions. It also lends credence to G.K. Chesterton-like notions of, "the rich [being] the scum of the earth in every country," so it would be a truly bizarre choice of distraction when we're up to our eyeballs in more effective and more benign distractions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Don't worry there's a simple solution.

Is it the kind of solution after which you don't need another?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I propose destruction of legacy by the creation of a body of folklore which will ensure that knowledge of the Eton/Westminster crowd's predilections will live on through proverbs and myths, being passed from generation to generation in a manner which will survive even societal or civilization collapse.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

blowfish posted:

:staredog:

is there any one in the UK who is neither a nonce nor got hosed by a nonce left?

It's like if Reagan-era silence over AIDS never ended, and now everyone who's ever had sex has been touched.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 20, 2015

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Article: British Lord Accused of Raping Boys Inside Parliament
Date: June 24, 2015

quote:

LONDON — A current member of Britain’s House of Lords “violated, raped, and tortured” children inside the Houses of Parliament, it was claimed last night in one of the most shocking accusations yet to be heard in the country’s growing VIP sex-abuse scandal.

Britain’s public prosecutor ruled earlier this year that similar cases of sexual assault should not be brought against the alleged perpetrator, Lord Janner, because he was suffering from dementia. Police recommended the Labour Lord face trial on charges of six rapes and 16 sexual assaults alleged to have taken place between 1969 and 1998, but prosecutors decided the 86-year-old was unfit to stand trial.

The alleged child-abuse victims, some of whom say they were attacked by Janner as boys, say they believe the politician is being protected as part of an establishment cover-up, designed to protect Britain’s rich and powerful from the full force of the law, which continues to this day.

The horrific scale of sexual abuse against children carried out by powerful figures in British public life was laid bare last month, when police officers disclosed that they were investigating allegations against 76 politicians and almost 250 “persons of public prominence.” More than 100,000 alleged attacks have been catalogued by detectives since the police launched a series of inquiries into sexual abuse by people in positions of power.

Despite the public inquiry and police investigations, campaigners argue that British leaders are still trying to hide the worst of the abuse that has been perpetrated against children and teenagers over decades. Britain’s libel and defamation laws, which are some of the fiercest in the world, have also prevented victims from speaking out against their attackers.

“The shocking thing is that the CPS admits that the witnesses are not unreliable, it admits that Janner should face prosecution, but refuses to bring a case,” [Simon Danczuk, a Labour member of Parliament,] said. “I know the police are furious about this and rightly so. Anyone who has heard the accusations will be similarly outraged.”

It has since emerged that Janner, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2009, used his own car and his own Lords security pass to attend the Houses of Parliament on official business as recently as last June, months after his lawyers told police that he was too sick to be questioned over the alleged sex attacks.

It's like Westminster is as infiltrated by pedophiles as Naples is by the mafia.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

nothing to seehere posted:

Yea, I thought SA was hosted in the US, so they wouldn't have to give up any information to enforce UK libel laws due to the free speech bit of their constitution?

Either way, the self-censorship is legit freaky. Britain, you have some lovely laws. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Grundulum posted:

Can someone remind me how this thread went from phone hacking to an actual not-joking infestation of pedophiles?

Saville was so open and ravenous a necrophilic and pedophilic serial rapist that, unlike the rest of his network, upon his death there was still significant pent up demand for an.investigation. That investigation brought attention to a network of elite pedophiles that doesn't have the juice to protect itself anymore since half thr members are dead or senile.

And after decades of operating I can't imagine there isn't a contemporary wing still active. I really want to see this go as far as it can.

• Locked thread