Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Peel posted:

This has been bugging me for months.

Why isn't it 'Paedoph Isles'?

Because Brasseye beat us to it, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

There is the whole creepy Jim Jones new age cult leader thing Edmonds has going, but actual child molestation seems a bit banal for someone so eccentric. I could easily imagine him using Deal or No Deal as a method of indoctrinating small sleeper cells that he will then use as assassins when the time comes to unveil his masterplan, though. With any luck he'll team up with David Icke and together they will root out the sinister reptilian child-loving cult that runs the British establishment or something.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

I was mainly making a hyperbolic joke about how Edmonds is a big new age hippy with some bizarre, cult leader-like affectations and beliefs. I think Jon Ronson wrote an article about the holding pen / hotel retreat for DoND contestants where they go through all kinds of trust and positivity exercises to prime them for the show, encouraging them to develop magical thinking systems for the random box-content guessing game. There was also the show he did in, I think, the early 2000s where he was a kind of televangelist / populist demagogue like Glenn Beck, promising a TV revolution that mainly boiled down to stuff like pestering local councils about bins while striking a messianic pose.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

However lots of people have lots of silly beliefs (and horrible taste in casualwear) and I'm fairly certain all the bad stuff about Edmonds is right out there on the surface.

Well, yeah, sure! To those of us with no imagination! :tinfoil:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Mr Blobby was actually a moving foam rubber prison designed to hold two abused children, one standing on the other's shoulders. The garbled speech of this charming homunculus was actually the pained cries of the children as they were paraded on national television as a final act of humiliation.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Sex robots are a creepy idea I really don't want to see become a reality, but part of me knows they inevitably will and I can't think of a good rationale for banning them. I look forward to hilarious public health risks from black market sex robots becoming a phenomenon.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

It seems that the inquiry into Kincora boys home is relevant to this thread's topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

We'll wait till they're all dead, then we'll punish them.

• Locked thread