Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

Banano posted:

Googled Russell Tricker and these Nick Davies articles came up

http://www.nickdavies.net/2000/10/01/paedophilia-is-easy-how-police-finally-caught-up-with-a-network-of-child-abusers/

http://www.nickdavies.net/2000/10/01/paedophilia-is-easy-2-how-a-paedophile-murder-inquiry-fell-apart/

It seems up until the late nineties paedophiles were pretty cavalier and well used to getting away with it. These are Guardian articles but be warned they are pretty :nms:

This Exaro article about Tricker is pretty loving scary:

quote:

Tricker confirmed that he was convicted of a child-sex offence in Holland in 1992. He said that he was jailed for two-and-a-half years, but was released after five months after being cleared on appeal. He denied that he was a paedophile.
His lawyers were able to show that the boy concerned had a false identity card and had pretended to be above age, Tricker said.
The boy was later shot dead in Amsterdam, he said. "It is a sad story," he added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Plenty of articles going up that are putting Sir Peter Morrison, former Conservative MP for Chester, in the firing line for alleged links to sex abuse at North Wales children's homes.

Margaret Thatcher was allegedly told about this but like all the other claims nothing was done.

I looked into the man and there's been stuff in the press about him for the last couple of years. The Telegraph had an article about his links to the care home but the URL now 404's: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9653254/Senior-Tories-accused-over-child-abuse.html

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Sir Cliff Richard, a guy who has definitely been mentioned in this thread before in hush hush tones, is having his house searched by the police over "historical sex offences"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28790718

South Yorkshire Police: "Police received allegations of a sexual nature dating back to 1980s involving a boy who was under the age of 16 at the time"

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Can't they wait til he dies and do a report like they did with Saville? Not the same as real justice obviously but at least victims could be heard.

The victims can file a civil case for all the good that would do.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

Jedit posted:

Jules Stenson just got four months suspended, 200 hours community service and £18k in costs.

I quite enjoyed when he was on Newsnight getting destroyed by Nick Davies for arguing the Guardian were shoddy journalists (~4:00 is great).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_B9-bSh6_Y

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
In an era of Wikileaks and publications installing anonymous drop boxes, I'm amazed how well hidden these people's names are.

For example, I have a pretty good hunch at who the Sun are talking about today, but there's more chance of me being nicked for mentioning it than the hordes of people around the culprit who protected them for so long.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Ben Fellows has been found not guilty of making a false claim that they were abused by Kenneth Clarke.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Anyone better at researching than me know what happened to Patrick Rock?

For those unaware he was a prominent aide for David Cameron, becoming Deputy Director of Policy. That was until 2014 when he was charged with the making and possession of indecent images of children (found on his iPad...).

He appeared in court in December, pleading not guilty with a pre-trial hearing scheduled for February 2015 but then...nothing. The trail runs cold.

I found a FOI request made recently to the Cabinet Office regarding this issue but they haven't provided anything of worth.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

I predict the ratio of public officials getting sent down to perpetrators getting sent down to be on par with the News UK cases.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Ex-MP to be interviewed by police over paedophile ring claims

quote:

A former MP is to be interviewed under caution by police over claims that he was part of a paedophile ring who repeatedly sexually assaulted a young girl in the 1980s and 1990s, the Guardian understands.

The man has been in communication with Staffordshire police, who are investigating allegations that he was one of a core group of men who regularly raped and abused the girl in woods in Cannock Chase, Staffordshire.

He is due to be questioned under caution by detectives on the inquiry some time in October. He strongly denies the allegations and has told police he believes there is an attempt to pervert the course of justice taking place.

The alleged victim, Esther Baker, waived her right to anonymity to make the claims public in May, in an interview with Sky and on the Exaro news website in a series of stories.

She has said her abusers possibly included a peer and a judge, and that the abuse went on for four years from the age of six, in the woodland and at other locations, often while police officers stood guard.

Baker has also alleged that she was sexually abused at a flat in London, which she now believes to be Dolphin Square, in Westminster – the location at the centre of the Metropolitan police’s Operation Midland inquiry into the alleged murders of three children by high-profile individuals in a paedophile ring.

The former politician, who has not been named, said: “I am ready to refute the allegations with documentary evidence which proves I was rarely in Staffordshire at the time in question. I have communicated to police I believe there is an attempt to pervert the course of justice going on.”

Staffordshire police said no other alleged victims had come forward or been interviewed in connection with the allegations.

Baker said: “It’s with the police and I look forward to them investigating.”

It is understood she has given the police permission to trawl through her emails and social media messages to corroborate her account of the allegation.

The former politician, whose name has not been released publicly, is one of 1,400 high-profile individuals who have been or are under police investigation across the country for child abuse dating back decades. They include 76 politicians, alive and dead, 135 celebrities and 43 people from the music industry.

The case has been referred to Operation Hydrant, a national team coordinating the investigations taking place across the country, which was set up in the wake of the Jimmy Savile revelations and the increase in reporting of child sexual abuse which followed.

The former politician contacted police in April this year after he became aware via a national newspaper that the allegations were being made against him.

In May, Baker waived her right to anonymity as an alleged victim of sexual abuse, and made the allegations public in the media interviews. She did not name the former MP.

It is understood the former politician will have the allegations put to him during the police interview, for which he has hired a solicitor to represent him.

Detectives from Staffordshire police have interviewed Baker extensively over her claims. In August, during the ongoing police investigation, Baker was interviewed again by Exaro and said: “Who the perpetrators are will shock people but I think the ripple effect will be quite far.”

Advertisement

Staffordshire police have confirmed they are investigating a number of serious allegations of child abuse from an alleged victim relating to the 1980s and 90s.

“We are determined to thoroughly gather any evidence which will allow us to bring those who may have been involved to justice, while taking a sensitive approach to supporting the victim throughout,” the force said in a statement. “To be clear, regardless of role, anyone who has been involved in criminal offences will be investigated to provide justice for the victim.

“Child abuse is a terrible crime, whenever it occurs. In this specific case the victim has made the decision to waive her right to anonymity. Staffordshire police want to reassure anyone who has been a victim of any form of child or sexual abuse that their anonymity will be protected.”

Separately, a 64-year-old man has been arrested and released on police bail as part of the inquiry.

I should point out Esther Baker is very vocal on social media in regards to other victims of abuse.

tdrules fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Pretty interesting to look at the many gushing articles about Clement Freud when he died in light of this allegation:

EDIT :prepop:

quote:

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have been alerted to the fact that Freud had a villa in Praia da Luz, Portugal, the resort where the three-year-old went missing in 2007.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/14/sir-clement-freud-exposed-as-a-paedophile-as-police-urged-to-pro/

tdrules fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 14, 2016

• Locked thread