Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
http://nyenquirer.uk/operation-hibiscus-truth-not-whole-truth/

quote:

For some time now, despite intimidation and threats from the Police and Scarborough Borough Council, the North Yorks Enquirer has been pursuing the truth.
We have consistently alleged that there was a major paedophile-ring operating in Scarborough from 1947 until about 2009 and that it included Jimmy Savile and Peter Jaconelli, the Mayor of Scarborough. We have alleged that his ring was the most successful paedophile ring in British criminal history, was connected to the Westminster paedophile ring, operated far beyond North Yorkshire, had international connections and was involved in trafficking and enticing young people into prostitution. It was successful because Jaconelli was protected by North Yorkshire Police, because he was a Scarborough Borough Councillor, County Councillor, millionaire businessman, Mayor, leading Scarborough Citizen who was a School Governor and ran the local Judo Club.

Long but pro read and helluva damning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

pentyne posted:

I thought Prince Andrew was gay. Guess this will help dispel the rumors.

That's Edward. I'm not at all surprised by these accusations about Andrew. The bloke is a grade A tosser and dodgy as gently caress.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

IIRC Edwina Currie admitted in her autobiography that Morrisons behaviour was known about by the government and Thatcher.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Plavski posted:

I agree with that, except that the Unions really were loving the country hard in the 70's. They were more powerful than the government in many areas, and as they were holding the country hostage - cf. winter of discontent etc. - poo poo couldn't continue. It had stopped being a democracy and ended up being a virtual Mafia racket. Course, the ridiculous extremes Thatcher went to to break the Union power was above and beyond, but it's hard to argue that elected governments should kow-tow to that much pressure from outside parties. My family voted in the 1979 election, but they never had a vote for the leaders who were leaving bodies to pile up outside cemetaries.

The unions represented their members, and by extension the entire working class. They were fighting for better pay and conditions. It was nothing like a Mafia racket and the popular media narrative about that era is dripping with revisionism and anti worker prejudice as you would expect from our media. Look how the crushing of the unions has worked out for us. If you are under 25 congrats, your life chances are going to be worse than your parents for the first time in decades. The ruling classes hosed us all over by the mid 80s and have successfully sold it as a good thing. Exactly as they are attempting to dismantle the social contract and welfare state and telling us its for our own good because something something austerity.

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 7, 2015

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

notaspy posted:

What is going on with all these dodgy dudes getting off? Weak cases? Bad prosecutors? That the police and cps shouldn't have accepted being spoon fed leads?

Which dodgy dudes?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

notaspy posted:

Appears to be due to bad prosecution

@JackofKent: My doubts since 2013 about "conspiracy" charges in this context: twitter.com/JackofKent/status/334300443507314689 twitter.com/JackofKent/status/481395355821830145 twitter.com/JackofKent/status/542307954457075712

https://twitter.com/JackofKent/status/556122517967216640

(Hope that worked, phone posting)

You talking about the phone hacking? I assumed you were on about the paedo rings

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Lol no one. Cops are never to blame

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

He's not going to make it out alive so whether it's 16 or 20 is largely irrelevant I guess.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

willie_dee posted:

The incompetence astounds me, even now.

It's not incompetence. It's wilful classism and rape culture shite.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I expect this is all bollocks too eh GDT?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31908431

quote:

Officers were then ordered to hand over all their evidence - including notebooks and video footage - and were warned to keep quiet about the investigation or face prosecution under the Official Secrets Act, it is claimed.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

PerpetualSelf posted:

I am a Manchester United Fan so I don't believe in the hillsborough coverup.

gently caress off then.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Sexual abuse of children is rife in all levels of society sadly enough. Most happens within the family home.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

PerpetualSelf posted:

Or non-existant.

Lol if you truly believe this.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Both groups of perpetrators targeted vulnerable children that the powers that be don't believe or give a gently caress about.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Mr. Squishy posted:

Who counted Prince Chaz as a loyal friend, even.

Charles sure has a lot of friends who are paedos. Weird coincidence eh?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Yea it's called a cover up

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

If I download a movie do I get to claim royalties as film creator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's pretty much exactly what the situation with these particular images is. I emphasise that because there's a load of other weird poo poo about this case, but basically there's a better than zero - in fact a better than 50% - chance that you, I, and everyone else in this thread has images on our hard drives right now that would qualify as CAI if he's convicted.

Speak for yourself

• Locked thread