Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

"Countryside".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Brown Moses posted:

From today's Independent

Mirror journalists posted:

they plan to cite "common practice" as their defence.

Ooh.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

New Statesman on it too:

http://www.newstatesman.com/staggers/2012/11/11-amazing-conspiracy-theories-mails-anti-leveson-hatchet-job

Dacre is a turd.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Can we get "quasi-masonic nexus" into the thread title?

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

or are they just going for the poo poo a bunch of poo poo out and hope it sticks method?

There are, including that full front-page splash, eleven pages dedicated to this.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Isn't he just throwing a pissy tantrum that he hasn't been picked to head the entire newspaper division when News Corp splits in two?

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

The only link to freemasons that I recall in this whole thing is via Jonathan Rees:

The Guardian posted:

Years ago, Jonathan Rees became a freemason. According to journalists and investigators who worked with him, he then exploited his link with the lodges to meet masonic police officers who illegally sold him information which he peddled to Fleet Street.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

News International has just had a name change.

Makes sense.

As you were.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Always great to see when something from Private Eye completes its leisurely stroll to the rest of the press.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

According to Hacked Off, the SOCA report, published in redacted form during the Leveson inquiry, that the media insisted would show that abusive private investigation practises were found to be worse in other industries than the press has now been released unredacted - and, surprise, the redacted parts say nothing of the sort.

dimebag dinkman fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 29, 2013

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

"Read my report." -Brian Leveson

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

I can't remember, is that relevant to anything or just something fun?

Remember they're charged with conspiracy -- it's quite important to establish how close they were, what level of trust there was between them, and so on.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Chocolate Teapot posted:

Sorry, but who's this "Raisa" name that keeps appearing?

Respected CiF columnist

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Internet Webguy posted:

Personally, my favorite is "Hacking 'Suspects'".

I think the thing on the left is just a white smudge, and it's just an apostrophe, not single-quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Brown Moses posted:

We're back, with evidence from Det Sgt Greg Smith, lead investigator into the Milly Dowler phone hacking. Thank god they can Tweet from court.

Sadly, looks like we'll have to do without Peter Jukes from here on.

• Locked thread