Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

PiCroft posted:

In the run up to Leveson's report, there are a large number of articles cropping up, such as this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/9685774/Trust-in-the-press-has-not-died.html

Its a bit long to quote but the gist is:

The Leveson Inquiry didn't teach us anything new

Nobody cares about press regulation (versus other issues)

Regulation is a hobby horse of the Left because it will "tame the Tory tabloids" but it will ultimately harm the Left more, since targets of the Left have more to hide behind with regulation.

Its been a while since I was anywhere near as informed on the Leveson/phone hacking/press reform storm as I was near the outset, how much of this article holds weight? I wasn't even aware polls had been taken.

We all knew what was going on and you can't change anything and if you did it would hurt the stuff you like most because wurble furble blurble.

Pack it up, everyone, we're moving back into the trees and throwing poo poo at each other. It's just as good as houses with indoor plumbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

And whether or not you can attract a youth audience.

Ah, Jimmy got it arse about tit.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Plavski posted:

He's going to wash up on Ramsey Street claiming to have lost his memory but to be the real Harold Bishop.

Sensible enough. If he goes anywhere near Summer Bay, Alf Stewart will gently caress him up. :black101:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Brown Moses posted:

I heard that might be happening a few months ago, apparently his Tory chums aren't too happy things got as far as they did.

I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM BEING CALLED ON MY OWN poo poo! DAVE, DAVE, DAVE, Remember the times we squidged Head & Shoulders on Ivan's face when he was asleep and then we woke him up with all our cocks hanging out over his face?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Louis Walsh was on Ireland's flagship news programme this evening, talking about the settlement from The (Irish) Sun over the sexual assault allegations. It was loving hilarious; every single chance he got - aided and abetted by Bryan Dobson, the male anchor - he named The Irish Sun as a bunch of lying liars out to get him because The Irish Sun is staffed by lying liars who were out to get him by any means. Louis, however, fought these allegations by The Irish Sun because The Irish Sun is a bully and his name and business would be ruined by The Irish Sun otherwise.

Luckily and thankfully, he has been proven vindicated completely and The Irish Sun is totally untrustworthy and he does not know why anyone would have anything to do with The Irish Sun.

Also, The Irish Sun.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
A room freed up in their house.

Convert it to a gym or something?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
On the other hand, beating that cow from The Magic Roundabout is a bit Mitt Romney.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Beautiful last sentence. I busted up.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Has your phone been hacked yet?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Iohannes posted:

Did we suddenly declare independence from somebody? I can't think why else a British Member of Parliament would refer to Thursday as anything other than 4th July 2013.

After Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman and Randy Quaid saved us from the aliens, we listened to Bill and the whole world celebrates our Independence Day.

They'd still be shite against genetically-engineered shark people though.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Ddraig posted:

loving hell, channel 4 are doing a show called The Secret Lives of Students where all their personal information on their phones is used as entertainment. It's literally Phone Hacking: The Show.

Not necessarily. There is a big divide over grew up with internet versus last generation of did not (and all that went before). This is the time to capitalize.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I have not read the books but the movie trilogy is excellent and absolutely worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Robert Pattinson. Get some sparkles in the story.

• Locked thread