Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Between the hacking scandal, duchess tits and now this, I don't understand how British contempt for the media hasn't reached critical mass yet. Are people on the street to the point where they're saying "I'll never buy another newspaper again?"

I suppose if Fox News did any investigative reporting they might be more under the gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Automatic Slim posted:

As long as Aisles is in charge and given autonomy, that won't happen. But, Aisles is apparently retiring soon, irc...

It terrifies me who they could find worse than the man who produced the infamous Willie Horton ad. Karl Rove comes to mind.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Wait wait wait. :ohdear: Are you saying a US Official took money from Roop for the infamous Saddam in his tighty whities photos? How high ranking an official?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

:dance:

Brown Moses posted:

It's not a bad time to be reading the recent retweets on my Twitter timeline.

This is a glorious morning read with my coffee. :eyepop::coffee:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

And I read the comments. Jesus Christ people, it's a developing story. They're ripping on the title being misleading and how much the diary sucks.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

It's behind a paywall, but WSJ has an article about News Corp and CBS in talks to merge book publishing businesses. CBS owns Simon and Schuster, News Corp owns Harper Collins.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Don't worry, it looks like people will have to give up ranting on twitter too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/26/technology/26iht-twitter26.html

At least if you say you're sorry and pay a small fee Mr. McAlpine is willing to forgive you.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

I've also made it to the final round of the Golden Twits, do make sure you all vote for me, otherwise Peter Mannion, DIMBLEBOT, or Ermintrude off the Magic Roundabout might beat me, and we can't have that.

Is the voting limited to UK folks or can any slob from the planet join in?

I wondered what happened to the Saddam in his tighty whities scandal. I think parliament is being very stingy not sharing with everyone else.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Saddam's a tyrant/ Look at these liberals mad that the mighty News Corp humbled a Tyrant.

Yes, but in the wake of what the US military has done to Bradley Manning over the leaked cables to Wikileaks, who as far as we know never took a dime for his information, this serviceman took money for classified photos of Saddam. The guilty party at least deserves 900 days in solitary confinement like they've done to Manning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

Remember NDS UK Limited from WAY back? Briefly, they were a company who provided the decoder cards for Sky, and were part of News Corp. They set up a website for hackers for intelligence gathering purposes, but then started doing some very naughty things with the information, but nothing really came of it, that is, until now it seems. The annoyingly pay-walled Exaro news is reporting that the Met is now looking into their activities.

Also, after two days of major appearances by every News Corp defendants team at Southwark court discussing various details of the case with the judge, Rebekah Brooks is reported to be planning to plead tomorrow. Legally I can't speculate on what they were discussing.

I was just thinking about this recently and recalled the ICQ messages we sifted through. I wondered if this would ever come back up or was buried by lawyers forever.

• Locked thread