Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Meanwhile, in the colonies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HDKzV1zzIk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Did you claim your free sparklers to celebrate?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

13 year old me would have gone bright red.
I see a future career at The Sun...

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

The interview with the editor was a fun watch, especially when Grant whips out that ludicrous scare ad and points out how wobbly the headlines were. Hope there's a followup of sorts.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Is Dame Elizabeth's passing worthy of this thread? I was almost expecting to have headlines read "Kicked down stairs out of frustration."

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

First Super sells off it's stake in News Corp.

quote:

"Institutional shareholders put those proposals at the last shareholders meeting. They were rejected by the management. As a consequence our fund has made a decision to disinvest because they [News Corp] don't meet our standards of good corporate governance."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-10/first-super-dumps-news-corp-stake/4459700

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Well that puts a spin on "I can get you access to the PM..."

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Zombywuf posted:

Pretty sure I saw it used in one of the early episodes of Jonathan Creek.
Yup, in the first episode. Maddie, a journalist, brute forces her way into someone's answering machine by systematically trying number combinations. It's strongly alluded that this is pretty common knowledge in her trade.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

Either that, or citizen journalism is reduced to TV news channels asking their viewers to send in pictures of bad weather.
Or here in Australia where there's the ABC Open scheme that trains people in remote towns to act as volunteer camera operators should something go down and they can't whisk someone out fast enough.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

It's in the public interest to find out if the police were sent to the tower for pinching her Maj's royale savories!

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Byolante posted:

How do you claim you weren't attempting to pervert the course of justice when you hid evidence from investigators?
Claim the raid ruined your six month old daughter's life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Is it Tony Abbott? :v:

• Locked thread