Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

IRQ posted:

Someone spoil me, I still have like 9 episodes of the last season sitting on my DVR suffering from the Fringe mid-season nothing loving happens in MOTW episode blues. Does Peter get back into the right timeline? Is it worth forcing my way through these?

He is in the right timeline and whiel they may seem like MOTW they are important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jack Gladney posted:

Those shots of a building covered with amber make me wonder if those scenes don't take place in the other universe, or if the A-side started using amber against the observers at some point.

We know that they do. Since the Fringe team was in amber.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Ugh I gotta work until 9:30 tomorow, so I hope that Canadian network is still showing it, so I can watch the west coast broadcast.

Also, is this a full season or one of those BS 13 episode seasons that NBC is doing.

It is the last season of 13 so no MOTW

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kris xK posted:

Yegads I'm excited for this.

Do we know C-Walter has his full brain? He still appeared to be quite quirky and different from B-Walter who had his full facilitates.

Yes it happened in the future. Being frozen in amber made his brain degenerate and they gave him back his brain and made him whole. That is when he left the Observers an anti-matter surprise.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aatrek posted:

I think we're to assume that Walter is now back to his original, pre-brain-removal state. FULL WALTER.

Yes but also no. This Walter is going to be one that maybe heartless but he has also been influenced by his relationship with his family and Astrid. I do not think that he would test on people for fun, but if you threaten Peter, Olivia, Etta, or Astrid may god have mercy on your soul.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Siroc posted:

Ah, ok. I remember that now that you mention it. I'll need to go back and watch that episode.

Everyone should watch that tonight at 8 PM Eastern before it returns.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rewatching Letters of Transit. Forgot how awesome this episode is and can not wait to see where it is going.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Look how happy everyone is

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh Walter. This is rear end in a top hat but still awesome Walter

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder if we will be seeing any other characters we know that were in that building.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ Who is that again?
Holy fucken poo poo that is creepy.

Oh ya the creepy friend from the bookstore.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh no Walter

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh man this show. I know this just means they are going to tear the rug under there characters.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh poo poo this episode is so tragic

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

alg posted:

That's a hell of a bodycount :stare:

Good thing she got sharpshooting skills in Universe B.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The only problem with this episode being over is the fact that means there are only 12 left. I also hope we see Desmond and Belly again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Daysvala posted:

That was a really jarring end to the episode.

What's up with Walter anyways? During the 19th episode of season 4 Walter was basically a one man army with his genius back, but every time I expected him to outsmart the observers or have a clever plan ready, he just sort of stood there. It's not like a home-made concussive device is hard to make ahead of time, in the event he was cornered like that.

Did they retcon the part where Walter got the full measure of his mind back or something?

He did have his mind and in 19 he had access to Massive Dynamics lab. In this he had access to a safe house.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oasx posted:

I was a bit surprised to see Olivia still alive, after what Walter said during that last episode. I really hope the brain scramble thing is just temporary, it would be a perfect way to end the series for John Noble to get to play a new version of Walter, of course him getting any Emmy nomination would also help, but i don't have much faith in the people running that.

What did he say other then remember what Belly did to her which was shown in the finale?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Siroc posted:

Not September! :ohdear:

Sounds like he is either dead, reprogrammed, or being tortured.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Friendly Factory posted:

Don't think so. rear end in a top hat Observer seemed surprised that Walter had Observer tech. He's probably some kind of shadow agent or something.

They said something that they could not believe what they did to September. Also other Observers are aware of the connection between the two this one just doesn't.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

White Legs posted:

Obviously the plan to win the war is to start planting trees and becoming a green universe. (I honestly thought when Walter looked at the plant it was going to trigger his memories to come back and that would be his plan, to win the war with plants.)

So it will turn into The Happening?

I just realized that we will never see Gene again :(

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 30, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SamBishop posted:

You're goddamn right it was. Both my roommate and I started singing along, and it just so happened that she spend the last week looking for the song when I was up in Seattle at Nintendo and couldn't help her find it.

This was a pretty rocky episode, but even the worst episodes of Fringe are some of the best stuff on TV, and I really liked the end, as completely out of sync with the rest of the episode as it was. Such is the power of Yaz.

I thought the same thing, but with the music. He said it was used to help you see things differently, and I figured maybe there was enough pre-planning that he could still recover things with the right tunes. And as we know, Walter always has the right tunes. Even when he finds them randomly.

Music is going to be important as the Observer mentioned that they did not understand it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark Grapefruit posted:

I'm guessing they're just referring to the main characters being trapped in statis for twenty years. It's what I thought of at first too. :shobon:

They were inspired by Demolition Man

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Scorchy posted:

I spoiled myself on returning characters in 2036 a few weeks ago by glancing near a bridge one day.

Then today I'm out to get a cup of coffee and oh crap why are there suddenly Observers everywhere

What characters?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

No, that wasn't him. He's still stuck in amber for all we know.

Yes they mention him later. When Etta is rescuing Walter and she is talking with her friend they mention that they took him and Belly somewhere.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Of course Walter dug tunnels.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Astro get me my lucky eye removing spoon.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy fucken christ. I wonder what they are doing to Belly, or has he joined them?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Looks like they are collecting the Horcruxes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Double Deuce posted:

I'm liking the season so far, but one thing is bugging me. Do we know anything about why the Observers are super dicks? The "Letters of Transit" intro only said "they stopped watching... and seized control." But why? Is it just speculation that they ruined their own time and need to take over ours just to survive, or was that confirmed in an episode? Maybe this is something we're going to find out later, and it will explain the experimentation in the last episode. I hope so, anyway. Because it's cheesy to have villains with no motivation.

Walter said that they came from the future and they destroyed society.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

There entire history is different. Olivia now has a niece and a nephew.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Double Deuce posted:

Wait, when was that established? Was I not paying attention?

Last season. Walter was going on about the Observer history.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Friendly Factory posted:

Gonna go with a "What is the wrong thing to say?" on that one, Alex

Ya I mean most of the MOTW episodes have a connection with the main plot unlike the X-files MOTW episodes which while there were not important to the overall story.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

They've been doing a good job of highlighting the bleak desperation of the people living in a thoroughly beaten world.

Edit: Basebaaaaallll :argh:

Yet the last two weeks showed that when people meet the team they start to develop Hope. Also I was glad that the episode did not end with the kid declaring vengeance for his father.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

quote:

So Fox announced that The Following will now debut on Monday 1/21 and Touch will come back (briefly before surely being cancelled) and take over the Fringe spot on Friday 2/1.

I guess that means the last episode is 12/25

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Christmas with the Bishops I hope.

Ha ha poo poo I did not realize that. I meant 1/25

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SamBishop posted:

This amuses me to no end, since it's all of my Christmases!

You take a bunch of LSD?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy poo poo Fringe. All the Observers are hosed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I think that based on Walter's tape where he talked about everything being able to be reversed that his plan is to somehow stop all this from happening in the first place.

Yep also how the math is all stuff that Walter could not understand. I assume it will somehow allow them to go back in time and then set up a barrier so no more observers can come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Etta dying certainly would make the choice to completely erase this timeline easy for them.

However how far fact would they erase the timeline? Would they erase all the Observers and that would mean that there would be no need for Walter to cross and Olivia and Peter would never meet.

• Locked thread