Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Don't worry, folks, he'll be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if Olivia will be using her powers, I wanna see her psychic-fry dudes in the future. They had three years of peace before the Observers invaded, right? Plenty of time for Olivia to get on with her padawan training so she doesn't need an emotional trigger (see: 'dark future' timeline).

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

They said regenerating her brain from being shot in it after fusing two universes burned out all her cortexiphan powers.

Really? I'll have to watch that again. I don't usually forget these things but, in my defense, season 4 was a mess.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

A man sacrifices himself.
A little tree-boy becomes an orphan.
Walter finds some bitchin' shades.

Pretty good day.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Ladies?

Or, you know, there's also this:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Etta's gone? You're dead to me, Fringe :mad:

...okay fine, I'll give you another chance, but I'm still mad.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Radd McCool posted:

It's a bit of a trope for special forces type characters to keep a picture of the team floating around and I'd say the Fringe unit certainly qualifies.

It would have worked better if the whole gang was in the picture. Just Olivia and Peter... that's a little weird.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Scott Bakula posted:

I was shocked at just how brutal the fringe team were. I mean drat guys, surely you could find a faster less awful way for mass murder

That and the whole fringe cases in the basement thing was fan service. We've seen the gang in action before and this week's episode was no different: they drop bodies like they're in a 80's action flick, especially since Peter discovered the ancient art of dual-wielding. The situation really didn't seem to require using extreme measures just to eliminate half a dozen dudes.

Not that I'm complaining, creating fringe events is a nice twist on the show's premise and I hope we'll see more of that. Hopefully the next ones will feel more necessary, perhaps even desperate in their use. This could raise interesting questions and reflect previous cases. Shapeshifters, monsters, modifying the human body... the Fringe team fought to stop all that madness but now that they're on the losing side of a war, who knows how far they can or should go. If they do explore these issues, Etta's death will definitely play a big part, especially how it affects Peter (I'm sure everyone remembers Peter 'the shifterkiller' Bishop).

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Noble: "I had a lot of affection for 'Walternate,' who was originally very hard to get accepted by audiences and ultimately was."

I guess he's talking about the other side's audience, because here in the one true universe we accepted embraced Walternate the minute he showed up :colbert:
You just have to forget about that one time he tried to use Peter and Fauxlivia's son to destroy an entire universe.
Oh, and when he imprisoned, tortured and almost chopped up Olivia.

...and, uh, when he shot her in the head.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think you could stretch Day Break's premise over multiple seasons, I'm actually glad it ended when it did.

Comedy recommendation: Awake.

(don't watch Awake)

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

I know the second half of Season four was pretty bad. I haven't seen season 5 yet, How was it?

It had its moments, but overall? Not great.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

What are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

An unexpected thing happened in an episode of a tv show I was watching, so I stopped watching it.

Internet, should I continue watching it?

YES / NO

Every vote counts. Please help.

• Locked thread