Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Cool new promo image for the new season. Looks like they're underground icons:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/20/fringe-promo-art-season-5/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Just watched all the openings in the OP. Is Peter's experience from the future in "The Last Sam Weiss" still a possible reality from where we last saw them in season4? Is that a glimpse of the middle of the war with the Observers, before they surrendered?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

WE HAVE TO GO BACK GENE!!! WE HAVE TO GO BAAAACKKK!!

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

New trailer!!

Poor, poor Walter.....

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Aatrek posted:

I think we're to assume that Walter is now back to his original, pre-brain-removal state. FULL WALTER.

Are you saying this because of his behavior in the episode last season/previews or did I miss something in the s4 finale?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Kris xK posted:

I think he's saying this based off of what we saw of Walter during the Letters in Transit episode. Walter (once he get the brain medicine) was far more decisive and in control than we've seen him in the past.

Ah, ok. I remember that now that you mention it. I'll need to go back and watch that episode.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Everyone should watch that tonight at 8 PM Eastern before it returns.

I have Amazon Prime and follow the Prime Twitter account. They just tweeted this:

quote:

@FringeonFox fans - Fringe Season 4 just added to Prime Instant Video!

:dance:

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Gonz posted:

All Observers need to be slaughtered. Preferably with SCIENCE.

Not September! :ohdear:

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

wordsauce posted:

By pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, aren't the Observers accelerating the irreversible destruction of the Earth that happens in their time?

Not if you don't believe in climate change. :smugdog:

The observers are all republicans.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

By taking Desmond, that has to imply they also took Bell. Hopefully we'll get details on what happened between Walter/Olivia and Bell soon. I want to see September again, too. :ohdear:

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

HanabaL03 posted:

I can't be the only one who got a serious :lost: vibe from this episode. Low quality video footage where portions are missing. Two Lost actors, and the scene where they open the tunnel door and the camera pans out to see them peeking inside.

You and EW's Jeff Jensen. Beware of an analysis that is too long and too stretching. I read it because, sometimes, he remembers a call back or something that no one else does.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

This is sortof a MotW episode. A problem of the week, at least. Is he going to heal these people? Or just get them wiped out?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Baseball next week?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

This week's article by Jeff Jensen had what I thought were a few interesting observations. They might be nitpicks, or they might be intentional. I'll summarize his points:

First, he notices that the coordinates videotape Walter and the coordinates Olivia repeated back to Etta were different. Walter's coordinates would've been in Canada, while Olivia's were accurate and guided them to approximately where they needed to go.

Second, he pointed out that Walter was intrigued why they would record Donald's entire visit to the camp. Edwin said the camp recorded it because of what happened to him. Why would they record it unless they knew something bad would happen? Maybe Donald wanted it to be recorded. Then, Jensen goes into theories about time travelling versions of people we've encountered and the true identity of this new figure.

Third (I know I said two), you can get Walter's shades here.

The first might just be a mistake, the second might just be a clumsy way to introduce Donald. I thought they were interesting for discussion, nonetheless.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

:tviv:

Totally unexpected. Craziest poo poo ever. This early in the season.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Fringe is releasing a companion book, it seems, on March 12th (for $50 :( ). Even the name of the book is pretty spoilery, so I'll just link it here. Sounds pretty drat cool.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

The Boy must live/is important. How much of a retcon is it to refer to the Observer boy instead of Peter? Was Peter's importance overrated? He still was the only one that "fit" inside the machine. It's my only problem with the episode- otherwise it was great. I can't wait for next week.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Finale trailer. Spoilers, obviously.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ashgard?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Older B Olivia = Hotlivia

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Well they did say that Walternate was 90 and still lecturing. They are probably longer lived due to tech and medical advances

I have three octogenarians teaching in my department. We are an anomaly, though.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

What do the glyphs say so far?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Nine minutes left and that happens. Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

the truth posted:

When Olivia went all emo and started shutting down the entire loving city, I thought she would do something cooler than move a car, like create some kind of miniature black hole in Windmark's brain.

I was expecting a single lightning bolt coming down from the sky and frying him. After the car smashed him, I was expecting to see the other half of his body flopped over somewhere.

• Locked thread