Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Aatrek posted:

Do yourself a favor, watch AT MINIMUM episode 19 ("Letters of Transit"), which sets up the final season; episode 20 ("Worlds Apart") which may or may not end the "red" universe storyline; and then the two-part season finale. This is very, very important going into the final season.

I'd actually not recommend watching part one of the finale two parter as it is without question the worst episode of the season with a resolution that rubbed me the wrong way horribly. I think you could watch just the second part and still understand what is going on.

It, along with The Consultant which very blatantly changed B-royles from a shapeshifter (remember that plotline? the writers didn't) to "man aiding in the destruction of universes to help his son for a while", suffer from a very obvious case of retcon to try and tie up the season in a bundle before they knew whether they were renewed or not.

Of the last nine episodes, and this is taking into account quality as well as importance: episode 14 - The End of All Things (sets up Letters of Transit and a huge infodump of four seasons worth of build), episode 17 - Everything in its Right Place (B-verse MOTW but also served to speed-run speed-up the shifter plot), episode 19 - Letters of Transit, 20 - Worlds Apart and 22 - Brave New World part 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

kerwyn posted:

He was never a shapeshifter, just working for Jones due to blackmail, as established in this very episode.

e: do we really need to spoiler this?

Yeah I don't believe that was the plan, it feels tacked on and trying to tie it all up in case of cancellation. It went from Broyles working for him on the assumption of shapeshifter to showing he was blackmailed, having a crisis of conscience, turning himself in, and then the next episode involving an entirely new unrelated plan with the cortexaphan patients for the same purpose. It was all rushed.

Lid fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 23, 2012

• Locked thread