Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«148 »
  • Locked thread
Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Karima

She tries to spare another glance to the back of the Canyonero with the mirror. But it's nigh-impossible to pay attention to the road and to the cabin in the amount required at the same time. "Axra min kida mafiiš," Karima curses alongside a frustrated grunt, now even more intent on simply out-powering the monster and getting out of its sight as soon as possible so there would be time and space to make sure Jenna has not suffered something more serious than the sorts of things some of their company had suffered in Mac's truck or in the fog at St. Leibowitz.

"What happened, Mayla? Is she awake? Breathing? Anything?" The questions come at an accented, machine-gun-like pace as she tries to keep an eye on both the back of the truck and the road and where the thing is and where the other truck is and a half-dozen other concerns. "I cannot look there and keep us from crashing, so you have to tell me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Fun Shoe

Mayla Relshan - SUV

"Uh... she is unconscious."

Mayla puts her hand near her face and feels breath.

"She is still breathing. Maybe she fainted? What should I do?"

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Phoebe St. Clair - Chicago

"As long as it keeps getting smaller, I--" Phoebe's relief at Karima's skill with motors was shattered when Jenna went thump against the seats. "Jenna? Jenna!"

Her stomach roiled as she considered possibilities. Perhaps Jenna's mind couldn't accept what her eyes claimed--or perhaps the thing had espoiric powers of its own.

"Mayla, give me room," Phoebe said. "Relax, love, things will be fine. I know secourir. Just need to make sure she's cuex before anything."

First Aid/TL8-14, but without a kit handy, to determine if anything is seriously wrong with Jenna.

GTD Aquitaine fucked around with this message at May 18, 2015 around 22:51

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Laguna Resona, 15/15 HP, Commando Rear Seat

Laguna hisses in frustration as he sees the complete lack of results. "Well, at least I can still hit things..." he mutters to himself before raising his voice to Dean. "We can outrun it! Just don't spare the horses! Gas down!"

Still gritting his teeth, he sights down the rifle again. There has to be something he can hit on that Thing That Should Not Be...if only to feel like he's doing something.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Karima

"Just keep her reclined," suggests Karima in response to Mayla's worried query. Then she spares a split-second glance over at to the passenger side. "Okay. Good. I will keep it steady as I can, Phoebe," Karima says, a little bit of the worry easing away, at least in regard to not being able to check on the struggling member of the team herself. Though, from her tone, she isn't quite sure that there won't be something to have to swerve around, or some other complication.

But at least, unless it's something truly bizarre that's happened, she trusts that Phoebe will be able to handle Jenna's situation in the short-term while Karima drives. If not for the impossible thing chasing them it would almost be funny, ironic even, with each of them doing the other's job in a way...maybe it will be funnier when they're out of danger, at least.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at May 19, 2015 around 01:17

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Dean

He smirks at the cowboy's reply. "Don't have to tell me twice!" To hear the plan of outrunning the thing is actually going off without a hitch is the best thing he could'v hoped for. With that monster falling behind, they might soon lose the thing altogether. He just hopes to hell that it's not there waiting for them when they come back for the boat.
With still a way to go yet before they're completely in the clear, he keeps his foot down and remains focused on the road ahead and following safely behind Karima and the others.

Driving/TL8 (Automobile) - 13. Keep on runnin'

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Lakeshore Drive

Dean and Karima dodge through the wrecks littering the road. Behind them the thing continues to fall behind. The distance between them and the thing becomes quite large. Laguna figures he can make the shot, but at this range it would be difficult. Up ahead, according to their directions they'll have to turn off. At that point they might be able to lose the thing after they make the turn.

In the Canyanero Phoebe checks on Jenna. Jenna doesn't appear to have any physical trauma. She just appears to have fainted. Following Karima's advice, she makes Jenna comfortable and reclined.

Phoebe's actions reduce the amount of time Jenna is unconscious down to one minute and its more then two minutes to get to the location.

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Phoebe St. Clair - Chicago

Heartbeat good--vitality well-- Phoebe allowed herself a breath. Whatever had happened, whether it be espoiric attack or fainting from fear, there was nothing wrong with Jenna that she could find. "Ben a kip, Jenna, ben a kip. Only a slight breek, it is."

She turned to Karima. "We're all bree back here, just keep moving!"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Fun Shoe

Mayla Relshan - SUV

"Uh... that is good, right?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Laguna Resona, 15/15 HP, Commando Rear Seat

"...don't worry, Dean," Laguna calls forward as the sight picture on the Thing That Should Not Be gets smaller and smaller. "As long as we can keep moving, we'll make it."

Cue roadblock or hard/awkward turn or obstacle course...

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Karima

She glances over and back quickly, then nods. "Okay, good, just keep watch on her, al'ezyz!" Karima manages to respond to Phoebe as she continues wrangling the Canyonero. "I think we might be able to get clear of that thing soon, but just hold on-"

Jenna being out does mean Karima will have to guess a bit as to where to turn off; so she tries to match speed with Dean and Laguna's truck in the second position, and stay as close as she dares. Both trucks were outpacing the not-a-truck, anyway; best to stay close together at this point, she reasons. Most importantly: they might be able to lose the thing for good at the current pace - and be close enough to the target to be able to grab everyone in a hurry and get out, if just everything can go smoothly for once.

Of course, given where they are and what they are doing and the situation in the Canyonero as-is, the odds of that don't seem nearly as great as she'd like...

Driving/Automobile/TL8 14, etc.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Dean

Eyes still fixed on the road ahead and grip still firm on the steering wheel, he doesn't dare look behind to judge the monster's distance in case he looses focus as each turn to make and wreck to dodge comes up. Thankfully the cowboy is able to let him know just how much he needs to keep on the gas. "Thank gently caress for that," he says as he maintains pace with Karima. "Because we ain't stopping for nothing until we get where we're going!" He manages a chuckle. In bizarre situations like this it's almost easy to laugh. "Guess your shooting scared it off, huh? Let's just hope to hell that Jenna can remember enough to lead Karima where we need to go, because I sure as hell don't know which road to take. I'm busy enough just remembering how to drive like this..."

Driving/TL8 (Automobile) - 13

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Chicago

The thing tries to speed up, but its speed isn't enough to keep up with the two vehicles. The vehicles turn down a major street where Dean and Karima have their hands full navigating the obstacle course of cars. After they get through the wrecks, they manage to get out of the traffic congestion and onto Milwaukee avenue. The traffic things out and the two vehicles can go faster. Behind them there's no sign of the thing that was following them.

As they make their way down the road, Jenna wakes up. Looking ahead, down the street they see the first glimpse of the area where the C-3 team is located. From where they are, they see nothing moving up ahead.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Jenna

Jenna stretches as if waking up from a mid-morning nap. As she opens her eyes she sees Phoebe hunched above her. "Sup, Scarecrow? We make it to the Emerald City yet?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Karima

The brief increase in wrecks is more than a bit worrisome, with Karima nervously checking the rear-view mirrors constantly as she tries to thread the needle with the massive crimson Canyonero. Having to slow down is a worry, and the possibility of wrecking the car or being unable to find a way through is more than enough to cause a mild case of nerves with the beast still on their trail. But soon enough, the truck clears the last of the difficult bit, and the scattered husks of disused cars thin out.

Once she gets up to speed and checks behind and around them again, her eyes widen slightly before she lets out a sigh of relief. Being out of that minefield of vehicles, Jenna being (apparently) no worse for wear, and the thing being out of sight all combine to let her relax just a bit. She resists the urge to ease off the throttle too much, though. Not now - not yet.

"I don't see it anymore," Karima announces. "And - Jenna, you are awake, good." She looks back using the middle mirror again before continuing. "We should all still keep an eye out. I think we should be somewhere near the pick-up spot - Phoebe, if you could take the radio, please? See if you can reach this C-3 team? ...this car handles like a brick, I would rather not try to call them and drive."

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at May 25, 2015 around 22:59

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Phoebe St. Clair - Chicago

"It's good to have you back with us, Jenna," Phoebe said. Her smile is genuine--there are too few of them already, too few who understand her experiences; it's been only days, but already she feels like they're as close as family. "Don't frighten us like that again. We're on the move still, but we've left the bodock behind, at least. But you, are you bree? Servo all bart?"

She nodded to Karima and picked up the radio while she waited for Jenna's answer.

"Captain America, Captain America, ecoutez."

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Fun Shoe

Mayla Relshan - SUV

"You are certainly calm, Jenna, considering the sight of the creature made you faint. What did it even look like?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Laguna Resona, 15/15 HP, Commando Rear Seat

Laguna continues to stare out of the back of the Commando at the receding Thing. And then they turn and...it's gone. He continues to stare silently away until the radio buzzes and snaps him out of it.

"Huh? Oh, oh right!" He grabs the handset and replies. "Uh...Feebs, this is Laguna. I'm going to assume 'ecoutez' means 'talk to ya'? Everything's okay for us. How are you?"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Jenna

"You two talk like you've never seen someone take a cat nap in the back of a wagon before." Pulling herself into a more upright position she adds, "Looked like a truck with lovely wheels, Lion. Since it's not still behind us I take it it moved like one, too."

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Fun Shoe

Mayla Relshan - SUV

"Hee... some nap. You are lucky this vehicle's interior is so soft."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Logan Square

The two vehicles drive up the road. They come to Logan square park and continue up the road. Looking around there appears to be no aliens or other things lurking about. Nor is there any sign of the C-3 team. Up ahead is the building they said they were hiding.There appears to be no signs of activity around the building.



X marks the spot. In the lower right corner are the two SUVs.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Dean

Teeth are gritted to the point of breaking as he slows just enough to dodge and weave between the increasing wrecks that litter the road they follow. As he slows and wrangles the SUV for each maneuver, he expects the cowboy to alert him to the monster gaining speed behind him at any second, guaranteeing no shortage of sweat beads forming on his brow. But thank all the gods there are, the vehicles gained enough momentum during their initial escape to leave the beast well enough behind them. And as the wrecks clear out a little more, he breaths a long sigh of relief when he looks in the rear-view mirror and sees not a single hint of their pursuer.

As their destination begins to come into view, he eases off the accelerator slightly and scans about the streets. But he also sees no sign here of any alien presence, or any presence at all at that. As the cowboy gets on the radio, he maintains his split attention between watching their surroundings and keeping a steady pace with Karima in front, ready to stop when she does and rush about their business here before making another quick escape.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Karima

"It has to be one of these, yes?" It's a rhetorical question, of course. The area does seem to be clear - but it also seems to be clear of the people they're here to collect. Karima can only hope they are simply holed up very securely and keeping a low profile, and that they would be ready to move. There is also the question of what kind of state the remainder of C-3 is in; she makes a note to bring her kit in with her just in case, just to be sure they can get any possible injuries handled in a hurry and get moving again.

Now Karima does finally ease up on the accelerator, coasting the Canyonero towards a decent spot to idle at - which is pretty much just the middle of the street. After all, it isn't as though there is any traffic other than the two trucks they brought with them. It is a darkly sobering thought, but a true one.

As the truck slows to a stopping point, she spares a second look around Logan Square, just to be safe, trying to pick out anything she might have missed. "Okay," Karima begins, putting one hand on the door, then looking over towards Phoebe and the others. "We are here, I think." A pause. "Ready?"

Will be pulling up roughly where the google maps pin is on the map posted. Also PER 14 to take an extra look around to make sure it really is clear.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Dean

As Karima rolls the Canyonero gently to a stop in front, he does the same with the Commando. Judging from what street signs he can make out, he guesses this to be the place. Of course, he was expecting to drive into something closer to a firefight than this... The SUV's engine is of course left running, because there's little doubt they'll be leaving as sharply as they've arrived. Putting on the handbrake, he leaves his hand on it for a moment as the other rests on the door handle. "Alright, cowboy," he says, giving Laguna a firm, reassuring nod. "Time to be as quick and careful as we can be." A second is given to catch his breath. "Alright. Let's move."

Swiftly grabbing his pack and rifle, he then swings open the door just as fast and hops outside. He steps up quickly to the other vehicle ahead, eyes scanning around as he moves.

Parking behind Karima and then Per 14 to look around.

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at May 27, 2015 around 08:46

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Laguna Resona, 15/15 HP, Commando Rear Seat

"...I'm just gonna assume yer fine, since, y'know, I can see your car parked ahead of us." Laguna mutters over the radio before looking up at Dean and returning the nod.

"Alright! Right behind ya, old man. Let's find these people and then get the heck out of this place." He shudders involuntarily. "I don't want to face down that Thing again if I can help it." He clambers out of the SUV and begins to scan the nearby building. "So, uh, did they say anythin' about a signal or something, or are we going to have to track them the old fashioned way?"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Fun Shoe

Mayla Relshan - SUV

Mayla opens the door and steps out. "We should not dally, as presumably the creature is still looking for us," she offers as advice.

She quickly checks to make sure her rifle, sword, knife, and bandolier are in place before taking a look around.

Per-15

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Phoebe St. Clair - Chicago

Phoebe told herself it must have been nerves, just leftover jangling from seeing a thing that hadn't meant to be seen, with the unfamiliar sparkset just the last nail. She could hear Laguna, but she couldn't--no. She had to keep her hands from shaking. She couldn't let the rest of them see that.

"Hold a fine eye, love," Phoebe said. "Let's hope we've no need to return in a mad jangle."

Per 15, Tactics 13--in particular, looking for any terrain that might be of advantage if the sports utility shoggoth shows up again.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Logan Square

At the front of the building (which is the building the group were told to go to) there's an SUV. The vehicle has extensive damage. Most of the windows have been busted and the rear part of the roof has been hit hard. Hard enough so that the roof of the vehicle is now touching its rear bumper. The front of the vehicle is smashed in as well, but it looks as though the front took damage as it went through obstacles rather than combat. The vehicle has neither of its head lights and there's various debris wedged into place all over the the front of the vehicle. On the ground there appears to be a pool of liquid (or possibly more than one liquid). Dean doesn't need to look at the engine to know the condition of the vehicle. The vehicle was a lost cause.

Looking at the area around the building, the group sees a bus terminal across the street. A couple buses are still parked waiting for passengers who have long since died. The buses make it difficult to see what if anything is approaching from the north east. Further south there's an unobstructed view of the buildings. None of which appear to have anyone inside of them. Looking at the buildings it looks as though the buildings are grouped close together, providing little to no means of moving behind them without going inside the buildings. The building they stopped in front of has an alley going besides it. Taking a quick look around the corner, there is nothing lurking in the alley. Looking back the way they came, they see no sign of their pursuer.

The building they park in front of appears to have had recent human foot traffic into it. The front of the building appears to suffer no recent damage to it. Next to the door into the building someone scrawled the message 'Enter' in chalk.

Phoebe takes an assessment of the area. If the thing caught up with them, then the most defensible locations in the area would be inside the buildings. The thing seemed pretty large and it couldn't possibly enter one a building since it is so large... or could it? Even though that question is debatable, it does appear that the buildings would be a good place to prepare a defense if it came to it.

Mayla happens to spot something that shined for a moment off to the north east, past the bus stop terminal location. Even though her eyes are sharp, she can't figure out what she just saw.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Dean

The sight of what must have been the other team's vehicle makes him stop and stare. "Holy poo poo," he mutters to himself. The amount of damage he can see makes him all the more grateful that they managed to escape their own pursuer. Hell, it looks worse off than the majority of the wrecks he's seen in the city. "Well that sure as hell ain't driving anywhere anymore," he says, stating the obvious.
Noticing the recent foot marks leading up to the house with the 'enter' sign, he makes his way up sharply to the entrance. Whatever had done that to the car, be it what they saw before or something else, he isn't wasting anytime to risk finding out if it'll come back to do the same to their own.

"So this must be our place," he says, standing by the door. "Likely they've hidden themselves well inside or I reckon they'd have come running out already from the sight and sound of us rolling up the street. So, we going in or keeping watch here and calling them to come out?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Karima

"'Mad jangle'...let's avoid that kind of rush, yes, and be careful," Karima says as she hefts her pack and rifle out of the Canyonero, nodding to Phoebe in acknowledgement before looking over at Dean and Laguna, who had both voiced similar questions. "Why not a bit of both options? We should radio them to be sure they know it is us, I think, and get inside and out of sight now." She indicates the ruined truck with her head to emphasize the importance of getting inside, then quickly makes her way towards the door.

Pointing out the crude message, she adds, "I imagine they left this, anyway - chalk does not stay very long." As long as they proceed with caution and avoid spooking the other team, Karima reasons, they at least have an invitation. Of course, they can't be too cautious - time is of the essence, after all...

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at May 29, 2015 around 21:05

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Phoebe St. Clair - Chicago

"We'll go in," Phoebe said. "No use standing around and shouting--who knows what the situation mihgt be like in there. We rendezvous, we escort them out, we escape. Fast and neat--but we should have people stay out on watch. No sense in getting surprised."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Dean

"Right you are," he says with a nod to Phoebe as she gives the go ahead. "Let's not waste anymore time then. Don't want to leave whoever's keeping watch out here for long." If the aliens all come in super size, then he reckons inside a building is most likely the safest place to be. Still, he doesn't let go of the possibility that smaller versions may be lurking somewhere inside, searching for the team they are also here to find and now waiting to surprise them.

He holds his rifle ready in front of him and steps through the door, moving quickly but carefully as he searches inside the building for a sign of the other team or any unwelcome extraterrestrial.

Heading inside the building. Per - 14

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Fun Shoe

Mayla Relshan - Outside

"Hmm..." Mayla grumbles slightly as she can't figure out what she saw a moment ago. Was it just her imagination? She stops and takes an extra long look in that direction just in case before following the others inside.

Per-15, taking extra time if that helps

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2015 around 22:30

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Chicago

Dean, Phoebe and Karima enter the building. The building is largely an open room with furniture on display,. Amongst the moldy, decaying furniture are several dead bodies. Looking around the room there doesn't seem to be anybody hiding amongst the furniture. On the ground are several sets of footprints. Some of the footprints move amongst the furniture, but the main trail of foot prints go to the rear of the store to a door.

Outside Mayla looks at the spot where she thought she something. She notices a small nearly imperceptible dust cloud as something moves behind a building. That appears to be the only sign that something is out there. Mayla then goes to join the others, but when she begins to cross the threshold of the building, she feels an invisible force push against her. She feels a tingling in her body as pushes her hands against invisible barrier. After a couple seconds of pushing against the wall of force, Mayla figures out that if she pushes hard enough she should be able to get through the barrier.

Meanwhile, Laguna and Jenna wait in the SUVs.

Mayla saw the dust cloud directly across the streets from between two buildings in a north eastern direction.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Fun Shoe

Mayla Relshan - Outside

"Huh..."

Mayla stops and thinks for a moment. She decides to press onward and tell her companions. As she turns and tries to enter the building, she bounces back a bit with a weird sensation, as if there was an unseen wall. "Fff... what the?"

She was almost frightened for a second but realized just how fed up she was. "gently caress it, I'm getting tired of this stupid world breaking the laws of physics!" she growls as she forces her way through to meet back up with the others.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2015 around 22:30

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Laguna Resona, 15/15 HP, Logan Square

"...Uh...we'll just stay out here then..." Laguna manages to blurt out as four other people walk to check on the people they were supposed to be rescuing. If they're there. They better be there...he steps outside the SUV.

"Hey, Jenna!" he calls over. "I think Feebs was telling me about a scare or something you had! You okay?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Dean

The sight of the bodies brings a grimace as he moves through the furniture store. "Christ... Thinking these might be their people they lost?" He checks around and under the various pieces of furniture on display, seeing nothing but the bodies and obvious footprints that he then follows to the door at the back. Part of him wants to play this safe. Call them on the radio first and wait for a response, but they just don't have the time. Any more time spent here is just more time they're all in danger.

"Chicago team, C-3?" he calls out, standing to one side of the door and motioning Karima and Phoebe to stand away. If they're there, the nerves of those on the other side may be more than frayed and he's not in so much of a hurry to risk barging in and getting his head blown off by accident, considering this team had mentioned having at least one gun amongst them.
"We're from Singapore. Talked to you on the radio before and here to get you out, but we have to move now. I'm opening the door, don't shoot." He frees one hand from his rifle and slowly tries to open the door.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Karima

She steps deeper into the building alongside Phoebe and Dean, her head sweeping back and forth as she surveys for signs of life, or signs of anything at all. Karima's gaze does linger a bit longer, however, on the bodies inside - once again she seems intent on figuring out what she can, if they were slain by something recognizable, or if they are simply remains from the end of the world. They'd been told the aliens had guns, though with that thing they'd escaped from also perhaps still lurking, it's hard for her to say if alien weaponry is the most worrisome threat around.

As Dean calls out to the other team - if they can hear, if they are still here - Karima also speaks up, but in Arabic. She can't remember for sure if Dean had spoken to them from the boat, but she surely remembers the voice that used her people's tongue. It stands to reason they might remember her voice and language as well.

"نحن هنا للمساعدة." We're here to help, is Karima's simple statement, her voice raised only a little. If C-3 has reason to doubt that their rescuers really are their rescuers and not a trick, perhaps a voice they have heard before could at least assist in allaying what fears they may have.

After all - there's no time for arguing over or questioning identities. Not with monsters stalking the streets.

PER 14, Diagnosis 15. Are any/all of these bodies fresh? Anything Karima can tell about how they died from a glance?

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2015 around 21:02

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Jenna

Jenna scoffs as she jumps out from the back seat. "It was nothing, Toto. Just people getting all worked up over nothing. Let's just keep our eyes peeled for any little grey men, alright?"

Per 14 to keep watch on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Phoebe St. Clair - Chicago

The building was quiet and dead, like the rest of the world. Phoebe tensed herself like a coiled spring--the team was supposed to be there, ready for extraction... it didn't feel right to her.

"I don't like this," Phoebe said. "Not one bit."

Per 15, Tactics-13. Any indication of traps, or that there was fighting here recently?

  • Locked thread
«148 »