Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin "Aus" Cleary

Austin walks through the fog, slowly trying to get his bearings as he keeps his rifle in hand, but lowered. He checks his HUD, trying to pull up the GPS from his armband computer. No go. A quick tap of the tiny earpiece radio, "Gutierrez? Gutierrez you there big dog?" The only response was a quiet hum of static. "What the god damned gently caress?" he muttered. His stomach clenched tightly as he slowly approached the exit of the tunnel and came to the doors of the building. "Marysville?" He asked quietly to himself. There was a Marysvale, about 150 miles North-Northwest of Beaver. But no Marysville that he knew of. Things were getting weirder and weirder by the second. Suddenly the scream pierced the quiet of his racing thoughts.

Austin opened the door and took a few steps. It took about a half second for his mind to process what was in front of him. Some people milling about, and a guy in a giant loving lizard suit. With a gun. This made New York seem almost normal. "What the gently caress is going on?!! Who the gently caress are you people?!!" He shouts, both hands steadying his rifle, which is still pointed downward but ready to bring to bear at a moment's notice. He was dressed head to toe in his assault gear, the ballistic helmet's tinted polarized visor concealing most of his face.

pre:
Name: Austin "Aus" Cleary
Race: Human
Height: 5'11
Weight: 150

Attributes [166]
ST 11 [10]
DX 13 [60]
IQ 14 [80]
HT 11 [10]

HP 14 [8]
Will 14
Per 15 [5]

FP 12 [3]

CP: 9 (5 used)

Basic Lift 24
Damage 1d-1/1d+1

Basic Speed 6
Basic Move 6

Ground Move 6
Water Move 1

Social Background
TL: 9 [0]
Cultural Familiarities: 
Languages: English (native)
Wealth: Struggling [-10]

Advantages [72]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Empathy [15]
Fit [5]
Hard to Kill (1) [2]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Intuition [15]
Resistant (Disease) (Occasional) (Immunity) [10]

Disadvantages [-35]
Bad Temper (12 or less) [-10]
Code of Honor (Cop's Honor) (-2) [-10]
Workaholic [-5]
Overconfidence (12 or less) [-5]

Quirks [-5]
Bitter [-1]
Dislikes Criminals [-1]
Horrible Hangovers [-1]
Impolite [-1]
Lucky Charm (Old Badge) [-1]

Skills [102]
Administration IQ/A - IQ+0 14 [2]
Armoury/TL9 (Small Arms) IQ/A - IQ-1 13 [1]
Body Language (Human) Per/A - Per-1 14 [1]
Camouflage IQ/E - IQ+0 14 [1]
Climbing DX/A - DX+0 13 [2]
Computer Operation/TL9 IQ/E - IQ+0 14 [1]
Criminology/TL9 IQ/A - IQ+1 15 [4]
Detect Lies Per/H - Per+1 16 [1]
	includes: +3 from 'Empathy'
Diplomacy IQ/H - IQ+0 14 [4]
Driving/TL9 (Automobile) DX/A - DX-1 12 [1]
Electronics Ops/TL9 (Surveillance) IQ/A - IQ+0 14 [2]
Fast-Draw/TL9 (Ammo) DX/E - DX+1 14 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Fast-Draw (Long Arm) DX/E - DX+1 14 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Fast-Talk IQ/A - IQ+0 14 [2]
First Aid/TL9 (Human) IQ/E - IQ+1 15 [2]
Forensics/TL9 IQ/H - IQ+0 14 [4]
Guns/TL9 (Pistol) DX/E - DX+3 16 [6]
Guns/TL9 (Rifle) DX/E - DX+3 16 [8]
Hiking HT/A - HT+0 11 [2]
Intelligence Analysis/TL9 IQ/H - IQ+0 14 [4]
Interrogation IQ/A - IQ+1 15 [4]
Intimidation Will/A - Will+1 15 [4]
Karate DX/H - DX+0 13 [4]
Knife DX/E - DX+1 14 [2]
Lockpicking/TL9 IQ/A - IQ+0 14 [2]
Navigation/TL9 (Land) IQ/A - IQ-1 13 [1]
Observation Per/A - Per+0 15 [2]
Psychology (Human) IQ/H - IQ+2 16 [2]
Includes +3 from Empathy
Research/TL9 IQ/A - IQ+0 14 [2]
Running HT/A - HT-1 10 [1]
Search Per/A - Per+0 15 [2]
Shadowing IQ/A - IQ+0 14 [2]
Soldier/TL9 IQ/A - IQ+0 14 [2]
Stealth DX/A - DX+1 14 [4]
Streetwise IQ/A - IQ+0 14 [2]
Survival (Desert) Per/A - Per-1 14 [1]
Survival (Woodlands) Per/A - Per-1 14 [1]
Swimming HT/E - HT+1 12 [2]
Tactics IQ/H - IQ+0 14 [4]
Throwing DX/A - DX+0 13 [2]
Tracking Per/A - Per+0 15 [2]
Wrestling DX/A - DX+1 14 [4]

Stats [176] Ads [72] Disads [-45] Quirks [-5] Skills [102] = Total [300]

Hand Weapons
Superfine Large Knife LC:4  $240  Wgt: 1
    swing  Dam:1d+2, (2) cut  Reach:C,1
    thrust  Dam:1d+2, (2) imp  Reach:C
Ranged Weapons
Magnum Pistol, 15mm CLP 4d+1 pi++ Acc 2 Range 235/2,600 ROF 3, Shots 9+1(3), ST 11, Bulk -2, Rcl 4, Cost 870
6 Mags, $65
Pistol Power Holster: +4 to Fast Draw Pistol or Ammo, Weight 2 $1,000

Storm Carbine, 7d pi++, Acc 4, Range 700, Weight 8/2, ROF 10, Shots 50+1, ST 10 Bulk -4 Rcl 2 Cost 1,800.
6 Mags, $360
Compact Targeting Scope, +2 to Aimed Shots, $1,000, .5 lbs, A/100 hr.
Gyrostabilized weapon harness.  Cancels penalty for move and attack, Cost $2,000

Armor & Possessions

Reflex Suit, DR 12/4, Cost 1,200, Weight 8 Biomedical Sensors $200
Tiny Earpiece communicator,$20, .05 lbs, 2A/10 hr, 50 yrd range
Infared Armored Shades, w/ HUD, DR 10, weight .1 $550, A/10hr, 1x zoom, 
Tiny Removable Sleeve Computer With Sleeve Display Fast, $1,060, Complexity 4, 10 Addtional TB, .055 lbs,
Light Infantry Helmet + Visor, DR 18/DR 15, Cost  350, Weight 6
W/ Hyperspectral Vision and HUD $2,050
Reflex Tac Vest w/Plates DR 18/7 + 34, Cost 1500, Weight 18
Assault Boots DR 12/6, Cost 150, Weight 3
Cufftape, 1 100 ft spools, .5 lbs , $10
Mini Flashlight, $10, 15 yard beam
First Aid Kid, +1 to First aid, +2 if using bandage spray, Weight 2, $50

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin's head snapped to the woman yelling at him about a mistress. She had an attitude reminiscent of ex-wife #1. Before he could respond the guy in the lizard suit puffed out his feathers and talked. It was a voice that sounded like a lizard would have. The realization quickly dawned on him that it was an actual giant talking lizard. Sweat broke out on his forehead under the helmet. Was this a dream? Austin couldn't remember ever sweating in a dream. Had he contracted Cicero? If he was stage two or three he could be suffering from hallucinations but he'd have a fever and a headache. He lowered his weapon, taking one hand off the foregrip and raising it, palm open. "Wait wait Woah Woah aliens? You're a giant talking lizard.". He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "Austin Cleary, special investigative task force, FBI."

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin glanced around as each person spoke, trying to take in as much information as possible. "I don't think any of us are dead or hallucinating. If I had Cicero I would probably have a splitting headache and a high fever.". He glanced over at the doctor for confirmation. "Right doc? I'd know if I had stage two Cicero?". He asked quizzically, keeping an eye on Morgan as he backed away.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

"You know, Cicero? Airborne human to human mutated west Nile virus. Idiot who named it confused Cicero and Nero. 2/3 of the worlds population wiped out? Ring a bell?". Austin stopped at the date question and glanced around as the different answers came through. "Oh loving poo poo you have got to be kidding me!!! April 4th, 2073!". Yeah something was seriously hosed up right now. He leaned against the wall, bracing himself with one hand and bending over to put his head between his legs in an attempt not to vomit as the room began to spin. Realization was a bitch.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin- Marysville Station

Austin nods to the doctor, somewhat glad for the reassurance. "Yeah, I figured. Never been sick a day in my life so it'd be one helluva time to happen now. Hey I'm gonna go check out that room." He said, nodding to the Transaction Window door. He holds his rifle with one hand, opening the door and heading into the room as the others check the newspapers.

Search 15, Perception 15

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 21, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin tries the locked door, then checks his assault vest for his lockpicks. "Dammit, left them in the car." He mutters, giving the door a kick at it's base out of frustration. He goes back to the main room and stands to the side, watching everyone mill about and go through the papers. Well something was wrong if people hadn't heard of New York, and especially if all the dates were different. The room started spinning again and he stepped outside for some fresh air. "gently caress gently caress gently caress oh god what the gently caress" he muttered as he tried to catch his breath, bracing his hands on his knees. This poo poo was just getting weirder and weirder. The whole talking lizard wasn't helping his adjustment.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin catches his breath and squats down, spitting on the ground as he gets his bearings. Something was off, that's for sure. He sure as hell was not on Earth anymore, or at least Earth as he knew it. At least he ended up getting transported while wearing his assault gear, better than say getting caught in that fog stuff while he was taking a piss in the middle of the night. He sighed and stood up, doing a walk around the perimeter of the building before going back inside.

He stops as the group continues to discuss more. God drat, that lizard thing is gonna take some getting used to. He clears his throat and speaks "So, what now? Anyone find anything else out about this place? Should we try taking down the locked doors?" He asks, pointing to the Employees Only room and the Transfer Room.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin glances at the door, ignoring crazy claw lady while taking up a position to cover the room with rifle fire in case anything comes out, activating the hud visor on his helmet.

tactics 14 using the enhanced vision on the visor

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 21, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin moves back away from the door as the green mist comes out. He keeps rifle pointed at the door as he heads out the front doors again, using the hyperspectral vision on his visor to see any threats.

per 15, combat reflexes

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin scoffed as the people ran out into the fog, shaking his head. He gives the visor a quick tap on the side of his helmet with his hand to see if that fixes it. Nope. "Welp, whatever that fog poo poo is, it doesn't want you looking into it." He groaned and raised his rifle as Laguna ran into it, following towards where Vri and Karima are. "God damned that guy is even dumber than he sounds." He muttered, moving the rifle to one hand and raising his flashlight, clicking it on and off a few times. "HEY COWBOY!!" He shouted, "COME BACK TO MY LIGHT BEFORE YOU GET loving KILLED!!"

Mini flashlight, 15 yard beam

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin is now waving the flashlight around, his grip on it tightening as he begins to get impatient. Impatience becomes frustration as he clenches his jaw. A few seconds later he lets out with "GOD DAMMIT TURN THE gently caress AROUND!!" He shouts. Giving him one last time to come back to the flashlight beam.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin tosses the flashlight to Karima. "Doc, keep the light moving so he can see. And grab him if he comes out, I've got you covered." Austin brings the rifle up, activating the scope with a flick of his thumb and bringing the view up on his HUD. "COME ON MOTHERFUCKER!!!" He shouts excitedly, bracing the rifle with his finger on the trigger.

Combat reflexes, Rifle 16, +1 accuracy from the HUD, +2 from the scope on an aimed shot

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin raises the rifle and takes aim at the creature, firing a single shot whether or not Laguna moves. "GET THE gently caress DOWN HAYSEED!!"

Shooting an aimed shot with Laguna still in the way Rifle 16, +1 from bracing with the gyroscopic mount, +2 from the scope, +1 from the HUD link, Storm Carbine, 7d pi++, Acc 4, Range 700, Weight 8/2, ROF 10, Shots 50+1, ST 10 Bulk -4 Rcl 2

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

"HOLD YOUR FIRE!" Austin yells, holding an arm up. Once he is sure everyone has done firing he goes and gives Laguna a once over, shaking his head. "loving moron." he mutters. He then goes and checks the creature, trying to get a better look at it. After he gets a good look at the creature, he drags Laguna's body back and leaves it by the steps to the station.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 22, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin raises a hand towards the new comer. "Woah there buddy, where the hell did you come from?"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin glances around then back at the strange newcomer. He shakes his head then heads inside, deciding to let the others get him oriented. He glances around the room, seeing the kicked open door and goes towards the Employees only room holding his rifle at the ready.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 23, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin nods to the new guy, listening to his details about his home world. "poo poo man I thought I had it bad where I came from. Two-thirds of the population were wiped out by a virus and those that are left are pretty hosed up because of it. We've still got a working government but there are huge swaths of land throughout the country that are pretty much empty and usually ruled by some inbred fuckstick decides he wants to be a king of a bunch of empty tract housing." He tabs the "FBI" logo on his assault vest. "We go around rooting out the big fish who decide to be some bandit king and start loving with normal people or decide to take over something of value like a mine or refinery."

He pointed outside. "One guy who came in with us decided to run out into the fog, ended up getting torn apart by some creature. Lesson? Don't go out into the loving fog." Austin shook his head in frustration, glancing around the room. "Let's set up some tactical positions around the place in case more of those little green things decide to show up.."

Setting up some tactical points around the building Tactics 14

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 23, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin eyes the man warily, squinting through the visor at him, trying to get a read on him. "Why don't you fill us in on the basics. Where we are, who you are, where you came from, and how the hell do we get out of here?"

Empathy and Detect Lies 16

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin shrugged at hearing the difficulty of making it home. "My home is a poo poo hole, all I've got there are two crazy ex wives out for my pension and a nasty alimony payment." He cocks his head sideways at the man. "What are the odds I can eventually find a nice tropical place to retire?"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin shook his head, reaching his pocket and fingering his old lucky badge. "God dammit, just my loving luck today." He muttered, half to himself. He points to the jobs board on the wall. "What next? How the hell do we get out of here? Do we have to see about those jobs? What the hell are we gonna have to do to get the necessities?" He glanced around at the others in the room for some sort of agreement.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 24, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

"Wow, great advice. What a stroke of loving luck. We just hang out and eat some snack cakes until the fog brings us someone or something or decides to creep in here and take us the hell out of here." Austin laughs to himself, heading over to the vending machines and sizing them up. "Might as well grab a snack since we're here. If anyone's got something I can use as a lock pick I can probably get these things open."

Checking to see how thick the glass/protective coverings are, if there are any locks, and if there is anything in the room I can use to smash them open

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

"Hunger can do things to a man." Austin chuckles. "I'll try one of those Moon Rations if you don't mind sharing. Can't be worse than an MRE."

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin glances as Ethan searches. "Don't think you're going to find anything, buddy. We've pretty much gone through the place." He looked around at everyone getting settled. "I'll take first watch." He started walking towards the doors, slinging his rifle back off his shoulder. Austin paused as he reached for the handle, turning to Jobs. "So what should I be looking for? A bus? More wanderers?"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin spends his watch making notes on his sleeve computer, trying to come up with some sort of logical explanation for all of this. He shakes his head in frustration letting out a few low curses as he tries to come to grips with the present situation. Austin comes in after a couple hours on watch and tries to sleep. He wakes up when everyone else does, rubbing his eyes and putting his helmet back on. He listens intently to the conversation, especially Ethan's details of his world. "Jesus man that sounds like a loving poo poo hole, I hope we don't end up being whisked away to your world."

Austin glances over as Morgan runs to the bathroom. "gently caress me, is that poo poo gonna happen to him all the time? I hope he's gonna be ready in case our magic schoolbus shows up". Austin laughs a bit as Karima freaks out at the dog. "Come on boy, over here." He says, giving a short clap to get the dogs attention

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 24, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin leans down and scratches the dog behind the ears. "That's a good dog." He says, smiling down at the little pug. He glares at Mayla as she goes on another crazy rant, his face contorting into an angry snarl "Look lady obviously things were a lot different on your world but you seriously have to cut this dominatrix poo poo out. If you go around talking to every man as a slave you are probably going to catch a bullet faster than you can say 'Women's Lib'. And frankly, I don't blame them. I'm already getting tired of your bullshit and I've known you for a couple hours. Suck it up and get with the program or try your luck out in the fog because if you keep it up you sure as poo poo aren't coming with us because you are a serious loving liability."

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 24, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin eyes the man warily, rubbing his chin and glancing over to Jobs, then back to "Mac". "So, where are you headed, and what exactly do you mean by help?" He ignores the dominatrix questions for now.

Detect Lies 16, Per 15, Empathy

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin nods, looking around at the rest of the group. "What exactly went wrong, and why do you need armed guards for the supplies?"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin holds up his hand, palm facing Mac in a "stop" gesture. "Hold on a second buddy, I'm talking about Campbell-4. You can't really expect us to go blind into this. I mean, we are gonna need some sort of idea of what happened so we can properly organize our collective roles in order to promote synergy and a more efficient workflow process."

Fast talk 14, Interrogation 15

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 25, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin smiled, god drat reading those Six Sigma books sure came in handy. He had no loving clue what any of it meant but he could use the words from it, "First off, what happened that caused the place to need a relief effort? Do we need to organize a fire team to protect the supplies in case of bandits? Are we going to need to take a more diplomatic tact if we are dealing with some sort of invading force? Is it a medical issue where we should focus on protecting our Doctor? If we are going in there blindly we are unable to properly develop a strategic plan that can collectively utilize our skills to provide a holistic solution that best meets the goals set out in our team agenda." What the hell did that even mean?

Oh snap, more Fast Talk and Interrogation

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin raises an eyebrow at the man beneath his tinted visor. "What guarantees do we have that you aren't going to leave us on that planet? Sounds like kind of a poo poo hole."

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin lets out a chuckle, "Guess it's a good thing I've never been sick a day in my life." He said, but secretly shuddered hoping no one saw. This Gotha disease did not sound like anything he had ever seen, worse even than Cicero. "Well, gently caress looks like we don't have much of a choice." He says, looking around to everyone. "You guys up for going to a hellish world where rampant disease turns people into bloodthirsty monsters?"

Austin turns his look back to "Mac". "The spirit room? What the hell is that?"

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 25, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin shrugged at Mac's expression "24 hours ago I was on a different world before fog took me to this place so it's not like anything is off the table at this point. But where is this spirit room, how did you find it, and why are you listening to it?"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin laughs at Mac. "I'm a cop, asking questions is what I do.". He climbs into the back of the truck, addressing the rest of the group from the tailgate. "Good news, we are going to a poo poo hole world filled with insane disease victims because a room full of ghosts said it was our destiny.". Austin cocked his head back and laughed again at the absurdity of the situation "This oughta be fun for those who make it through without getting their faces ripped off.". He reached over to rub the pug on the head, "Ain't that right boy?"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

"Bad news is that the continental breakfast is not included in our little vacation package.". He looked at the incapacitated Morgan then to the others. "I have no loving clue what you people are talking about but I'm going to do what I did with my ex wives and act like I give a poo poo. Well even then, that didn't turn out well.". Austin settled in a corner with his rifle and watched the tail gate to the truck.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin chuckles at the love fest. "Glad you kids kissed and made up." He glanced over at Vri "A dominatrix is someone who delivers the mail. You know, the post? Do they have that on your world?"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin glances up at Mac, then at the others in the truck. "Watch your asses, and cut the horse poo poo. Whether or not you like it we're stuck together for now and it's a whole lot better alternative than having your face eaten off by some bloodthirsty monster or taking your luck out in the fog." He says, nodding to the deceased Laguna's rifle.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin- Back of the truck

"A sweetened beverage made with cow's milk and chocolate. Can be served hot or cold"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin leans back against the side of the truck bed. "I've seen enough poo poo for one day I am not looking outside this loving truck.".

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

Austin shakes his head as Morgan recovers from looking outside. "Yikes, you weren't kidding that poo poo is crazy." He leans over near the window to the cab. "So Mac, if we were or stuck on a world, how would we find the road out?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Austin

"A device to find nexuses eh? What would something like that look like? And what does a nexus look like? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but you gotta understand, I'd rather badger you right now than be stuck somewhere with a poo poo load of blood thirsty disease victims running at me with no loving clue how to get out of there."

• Locked thread