Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

http://www.earwolf.com/

This is the Earwolf thread, basically a catchall for the other Earwolf podcasts that don't have their own thread aka

Few names are as synonymous with improv as Matt Besser. Founding member of the Upright Citizens Brigade and a regular performer in the world-famous show Asssscat, Matt has brought his talents to Earwolf with a fully improvised weekly podcast featuring the best improvisers in the universe

Frustrated with the technological complexities of blogging and the harsh judgment he received from many therapy groups, Bob Ducca has taken to Earwolf to share his thoughts, concerns, meditations, recommendations, and ramblings. Catch him every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Buzz Buzz Buzz! It's 1943 and you are listening to FDR's favorite radio show: The Apple Sisters! Candy, Cora, and Seedy Apple are here to sing, dance, and shill us out of the depression and into the future.

We've invited some of our favorite comedians to call in and leave messages on our answering machine. These are those messages. There are no guarantees: we don't know who is calling, when, or for how long. Intrigued?

Earwolf Presents is a way to showcase some of our hilarious Earwolf guests who aren't able to host a weekly podcast. There is no set schedule and no host, so you could consider these Earwolf bonus episodes. Enjoy!

The Fogelnest Files is a podcast taped live at the UCB Theatre in Los Angeles where Jake Fogelnest and some of his favorite comedians and funny friends revisit pop culture gems from the internet and Jake's personal archive.

The revolution will not be televised. The revolution will be podcasted.

Glitter in the Garbage is a celebration of all things fancy, classy, and important. Your host, Drew Droege, and his friends will play obscure celebrities who celebrate, fight, and feast upon the filth. It's like a salon, without all that boring intellect.

Have you ever seen a movie so bad that it's amazing? Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael and Jason Mantzoukas want to hear about it! We'll watch it with our funniest friends, and report back to you with the results.

Love, Dad is a conversation about fatherhood between veteran dad Dave Koechner and brand-new father Jeff Ullrich. Learn each week what it takes to be a father from two guys still trying to figure it out.

The continuing adventures of Mike Detective, unlicensed and uninsured private eye! This hard-boiled noir serial stars Rob Huebel and is perfect for the whole family... assuming your family enjoys dirty words and wiener jokes.

Nocturnal Emotions with Har Mar Superstar features long conversations with musicians, actors, artists, and other people of interest focusing on embarrassing moments in their lives and careers.

Ronna Glickman & Beverly Ginsberg are the best-selling co-authors of You'll Do A Little Better Next Time: A Guide to Marriage and Re-marriage for Jewish Singles ("It says Jewish in the name -- but it's for everyone!"). These outspoken fiftysomethings from Boston, who can be seen regularly at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in LA, dispense their unique brand of relationship advice while

Shortwave host singer-songwriter Grant-Lee Phillips interviews fellow musicians about their craft, and guests perform acoustic renditions of their songs and new music that they're working on.

Come be a fly on the wall every week as Elizabeth Laime and her husband, Psychic Andy, invite a guest from the world of comedy into their home to hang out for an hour. Topics range from puppy dogs to sex dreams and everything in between!

The Wolf Den focuses on starting and growing a new business and interviews others who are influencing the business of new media. Part of the fun is hearing about the behind the scenes building of Earwolf.

the wolf dead

Politicalrancor fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Improv4Humans quickly jumped into my top 5 podcasts and it's really been on fire lately. Anyone that hasn't checked it out should definitely listen to the Lennon Parham, Jessica ST.Clair & Jason Mantzoukas episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Improv4Humans quickly jumped into my top 5 podcasts and it's really been on fire lately. Anyone that hasn't checked it out should definitely listen to the Lennon Parham, Jessica ST.Clair & Jason Mantzoukas episode.

I agree, I didn't even start listening to i4H until about three months ago. I've been trying to go steadily through back episodes one or two a week so I still have a little ways to go before hearing them all. But it's an incredibly solid show no matter who's involved usually. But you're right that when the right combo gets on there it's totally magic like that episode. About to start on the "Best of" that was released tonight. I figure I'll hear some stuff I've not hit yet on my journey through back episodes, but that's fine I'll get to them eventually.

Also, Politicalrancor, you are gonna do so some more with that OP right? I mean, it really deserves to have a little more effort put into it. Earwolf has a lot of great shows worth talking about there. I mean even if you just steal the descriptions from the website it'd be nice to put something in there.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I agree, I didn't even start listening to i4H until about three months ago. I've been trying to go steadily through back episodes one or two a week so I still have a little ways to go before hearing them all. But it's an incredibly solid show no matter who's involved usually. But you're right that when the right combo gets on there it's totally magic like that episode. About to start on the "Best of" that was released tonight. I figure I'll hear some stuff I've not hit yet on my journey through back episodes, but that's fine I'll get to them eventually.

Also, Politicalrancor, you are gonna do so some more with that OP right? I mean, it really deserves to have a little more effort put into it. Earwolf has a lot of great shows worth talking about there. I mean even if you just steal the descriptions from the website it'd be nice to put something in there.

I am, its just late and I was tired. Im gonna do pretty images and links for every show, but tomorrow, when my eyes will stay open.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/desert-vacation/

This is one of the best Improv4Humans episodes ever. Andy Daly is pretty much guaranteed to be in a good episode.

The recent Jason Mantzoukas, Lennon Parham, and Jessica St. Clair episode is loving hilarious as well. http://www.earwolf.com/episode/quadruple-mix-in/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

R.I.P. Cyberthug Radio, Affirmation Nation, Earwolf Challenge, Eardrop

(Eardrop pretty much sucked from the beginning, but it was a grand idea. It could have been great if it was more than Doug Benson's plugs, airport noise, and Steve Agee's annoying "Cue the sound effect!")

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

FitFortDanga posted:

R.I.P. Cyberthug Radio, Affirmation Nation, Earwolf Challenge, Eardrop

(Eardrop pretty much sucked from the beginning, but it was a grand idea. It could have been great if it was more than Doug Benson's plugs, airport noise, and Steve Agee's annoying "Cue the sound effect!")

Eardrop was great, but I seem to recall a few comics saying the reason they aren't using it much anymore is because people would complain that they were using it too much. So of course they stopped using it because the vocal minority had a problem with it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I think I've listened to the most recent Improv4Humans 3-4 times now, it just slays me. It's a bit faux-pas (I guess?) to break character and laugh, but they do it so much in the background and it absolutely kills me because the scenarios change so often everyone sounds confused.

"Spoons...with holes in them?!"
- "Pleeease let me stay, let me stay plueaasheee let me stay"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Yeah, I really don't mind them breaking in Improv4Humans because it's normally something that's worth it, and that I'm already losing my poo poo over. The entire episdoe last week was amazing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Also any I4H with Ben Schwartz, those are definite winners. the rat/cave bit was fantastic.

I don't listen to Ronna and Beverly often, but I always enjoy it when I do. Maybe because I am picking guests I like, but I just worry the schtick will get old if I listened to every one.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Yay for an Earwolf thread!

Here's my Top 10 for How Did This Get Made. If you've never listened to this podcast series before I would say any of the following episodes would be a great place to start:

Sucker Punch (with Chelsea Peretti): Link

Fast Five (with Adam Scott): Link <- :siren:My all-time favourite:siren:

The Smurfs (with Paul F. Tompkins): Link

Jingle All the Way (with Joe Mande): Link

Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt 1 (with Doug Benson): Link

The Adventures of Pluto Nash (with Lennon Parham & Jessica St. Clair): Link <- My almost all-time favourite.

Speed 2: Cruise Control (with Scott Aukerman): Link

Judge Dredd (with Erica Oyama): Link

Godzilla (with Chris Gore): Link

And finally a rather special one - Directors Edition: Cool As Ice (with Vanilla Ice): Link

Every episode is worth listening to of course. Last count was they were up to 45.

Also I could not be more excited for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons Earwolf comedy podcasts. It should be starting soon (they said late September) so keep an eye on Earwolf's front page!

Lugaloco fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 20, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Um, so I love Ronna & Beverly. I will recommend a few episodes, but they're pretty much all great, even the no-name guests, because Ronna and Beverly have crafted really funny personas. I like the Jeff Garlin one, the Jimmy Pardo one, and the Rob Riggle one. And then watch clips of them on youtube from their live show at UCB, their failed sitcom in America, and their new show in the UK. I hope they're successful!

I like Professor Blastoff a lot too. Tig's cancer and personal troubles are depressing, but Kyle Dunnigan is funny all the dang time. This is some nonsense he does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNWKT77wTMA

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
So I tried out Google after hearing about it on CBB, and it's actually pretty good. The site design could use a little more effort, but it's actually a fast and easy way to bing things. You can even bing pictures! Plus it supports the show; I would recommend it for any Earwolf fan.

I'm gonna give stamps.com a try too next time I need to FedEx a package.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bobby Malone posted:

So I tried out Google after hearing about it on CBB, and it's actually pretty good. The site design could use a little more effort, but it's actually a fast and easy way to bing things. You can even bing pictures! Plus it supports the show; I would recommend it for any Earwolf fan.

I'm gonna give stamps.com a try too next time I need to FedEx a package.

Spider-Man drat well knows now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It might just be because of the first two guests, but that Har Mar Superstar show stinks.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Every picture I have seen of Har Mar Superstar makes him look like Jay Sherman with a light sprinkling of Ron Jeremy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

It might just be because of the first two guests, but that Har Mar Superstar show stinks.

I think it's more the host than the guests. I really don't like Har Mar at all.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I think it's more the host than the guests. I really don't like Har Mar at all.

is the OP more to your liking? lmao

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Politicalrancor posted:

is the OP more to your liking? lmao

Looking good!

I cannot stress enought how happy I am to have Gelmania every week now. So awesome.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

In what ep of Gelmania did "I'm not doing well!" first show up on?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

In what ep of Gelmania did "I'm not doing well!" first show up on?

I know it's in Gelmania II for sure. Can't remember if it's in the first one though.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I already got a buddy into How Did This Get Made, but I'm also trying to get him to watch Birdemic, and I really don't know if he should watch it before he listens to the Birdemic episode or after. I'm leaning towards listening to the podcast first because hearing them trash it just makes me want to watch it again anyways.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mob posted:

I already got a buddy into How Did This Get Made, but I'm also trying to get him to watch Birdemic, and I really don't know if he should watch it before he listens to the Birdemic episode or after. I'm leaning towards listening to the podcast first because hearing them trash it just makes me want to watch it again anyways.
I think what worked best for me was watching the Rifftrax version of it, and then How Did This Get Made. Because no matter how fun that episode was, there's no way I could stand watching that movie without help. And Rifftrax usually deliver their jokes in-between sentences so you won't miss precious story that'll help for the podcast.

e: I mean seriously, just those goddamn sequence of him driving is driving(!!!) me up the walls just thinking about it.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
That boardroom scene might be the pinnacle of cinema

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Lugaloco posted:

Yay for an Earwolf thread!

Here's my Top 10 for How Did This Get Made. If you've never listened to this podcast series before I would say any of the following episodes would be a great place to start:

Sucker Punch (with Chelsea Peretti): Link

Fast Five (with Adam Scott): Link <- :siren:My all-time favourite:siren:

The Smurfs (with Paul F. Tompkins): Link

Jingle All the Way (with Joe Mande): Link

Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt 1 (with Doug Benson): Link

The Adventures of Pluto Nash (with Lennon Parham & Jessica St. Clair): Link <- My almost all-time favourite.

Speed 2: Cruise Control (with Scott Aukerman): Link

Judge Dredd (with Erica Oyama): Link

Godzilla (with Chris Gore): Link

And finally a rather special one - Directors Edition: Cool As Ice (with Vanilla Ice): Link

Every episode is worth listening to of course. Last count was they were up to 45.

Also I could not be more excited for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons Earwolf comedy podcasts. It should be starting soon (they said late September) so keep an eye on Earwolf's front page!

Punisher War Zone with the director is probably the best overall, can't believe you left that one out! All the other episodes are great too. A couple of my favorites are The Tourist, Old Dogs and 88 Minutes because of the incredible Pacino impersonations. Tiptoes is also great because I love whenever there is a movie that LITERALLY. MAKES. NO. SENSE. and the hosts just spend the entire time questioning why it even exists at all.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Best Improv4Humans episode is the one with Adam McKay and Chris Gethard. That episode is just three dudes who are on loving point.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

I think I've listened to the most recent Improv4Humans 3-4 times now, it just slays me. It's a bit faux-pas (I guess?) to break character and laugh, but they do it so much in the background and it absolutely kills me because the scenarios change so often everyone sounds confused.

"Spoons...with holes in them?!"
- "Pleeease let me stay, let me stay plueaasheee let me stay"

That last part of the last sketch (no spoilers) was hilarious. One of my favorite I4H moments.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mob posted:

He has to see it cold.
Make it a virginal experience for him.
Be there as moral support though, and make sure you're both tanked.

With the podcast after, you're one of them, picturing the scenes instead of pre-empting every notable thing.

The experience of watching a bad movie should rest on the movie. All the throwing spoons and poo poo for The Room is so lame and I'm glad I got to see it when the movie still had the chance to be beguiling and mysterious.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 23, 2012

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Best Improv4Humans episode is the one with Adam McKay and Chris Gethard. That episode is just three dudes who are on loving point.

The arguing about Carmelo Anthony and all the callbacks to it were great.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
See, I'm iffy about that one, because there's a little too much "narration". I love the show though. Last three episodes have been great.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

The arguing about Carmelo Anthony and all the callbacks to it were great.

What the hell was besser talking about with Vince Carter? How could anyone think VC was anything other than surly.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
I can't believe how good Shortwave is turning out to be. Scott Aukerman has really stepped up his game with producing this show. Highly recommended for anyone who listens to music podcasts. Warning: little to no comedy content; shockingly well put together.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Speaking of producing game, Cyrus has been KILLING IT with Gelmania.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Go Earwolf! Agreed on Gelmania, it's got great content but the effects and mixing take it to another level.

Also, does anyone think Sklarbro Country should be in the OP (since its thread has slowed down)?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Politicalrancor posted:

What the hell was besser talking about with Vince Carter? How could anyone think VC was anything other than surly.
His sweet dunks make me forget about him being a dick

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

"KNIFE IS NOT A THING"

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I hope Shortwave can get St. Vincent since she was on CBB. I didn't really like the acoustic versions she played but I'd still like to hear her interviewed in depth.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shortwave is one of those things where I'm not probably going to ever listen to it unless I already like the guest. And so far I haven't liked who they've had.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Shortwave is one of those things where I'm not probably going to ever listen to it unless I already like the guest. And so far I haven't liked who they've had.

Yeah, same. I can't imagine them ever having on artists that I like, either (except for maybe St. Vincent).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Teenage Fansub posted:

He has to see it cold.
Make it a virginal experience for him.
Be there as moral support though, and make super you're both tanked.

With the podcast after, you're one of them, picturing the scenes instead of pre-empting every notable thing.

The experience of watching a bad movie should rest on the movie. All the throwing spoons and poo poo for The Room is so lame and I'm glad I got to see it when the movie still had the chance to be beguiling and mysterious.

Thanks for reminding me I still haven't seen The Room.