Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

They definitely have similar registers, took me a while to differentiate between them as well. Here's a handy guide for new listeners:

RODGERS - misanthrope, contrarian
STANGER - "Do you guys know [universally beloved thing]? Do you...do you guys like that"

Stanger - pronounces the propeller-driven flying machine as "hillacopter".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I haven’t listened to that one (Fifth Element). God drat it what’s wrong with them.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
fifth element is c tier at best

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Fifth Element is one of three perfect “scan the hotel room tv for something to watch movies” alongside Fast Five and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
One of the best parts about Action Boyz is their open disdain for the freak listeners. More podcasts need to do this. Because its created a largely self policing in the comments on Patreon. Blank Check fans on the other hand...

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
That's why the Branson Reese school of "I'd hit you with my car if I could get away with it" fan interaction Is king

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Waterbed Wendy posted:

fifth element is c tier at best

C being an abbreviation for the speed of light because by watching it you transcend your physical form

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Fifth Element has solid casting with the leads, some solid art direction, some good sequences, but it doesn’t feel fully baked. I have no nostalgia for it, and when I finally saw it in my early 20s it was underwhelming. I largely agreed with ABZ’s criticisms.

Now, them lambasting Ernest Scared Stupid is unforgivable.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
You guys just gotta come to terms with the pod being mostly Rodgers' opinion on films and the other two falling into line because it is completely not worth arguing with the renown crazy person that is Ben Rodgers on something like an opinion on a film.

But he has pretty good taste 95% of the time so, eh. It's worth it. Also Fifth Element is mid tier at best. Better than something like loving Stargate though, that's for loving sure.

Also 100% agree on how good of a job they do on dunking on their own fans. It must come from years of doing in-person improv, but like every other podcast host out there should take notes on how they expertly shut down the loving crazy parasocial aspect of listening to hundreds or even thousands of hours of a single podcast.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the most important thing for any podcaster to remember is fans almost universally love being insulted, they can't get enough of it, pigs at the trough demanding please more of the slop that sends an electrical current through our jaws

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

the most important thing for any podcaster to remember is fans almost universally love being insulted, they can't get enough of it, pigs at the trough demanding please more of the slop that sends an electrical current through our jaws

Yeah, but it's still healthy for anyone with a fan base to make sure to insult them every now and then, if only to make sure that the kind of fan that start thinking they would be besties with their idol if only they knew they're their biggest fan keep away. That alone probably lowers your chanses of getting Mark David Chapmanned by a crazy fan by a few hundred percent.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Riptor posted:

C being an abbreviation for the speed of light because by watching it you transcend your physical form

sure, honey, sure

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Scott's Christmas Eve story on the new Threedom was wild.

Edit: :argh: Autocorrect

Fezz fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 29, 2024

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fezz posted:

Scott's Christmas Eve story on the new Threesome was wild.

I'm halfway through it when I got to work and had to pause it. I have no idea how it's going to end.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Fezz posted:

Scott's Christmas Eve story on the new Threesome was wild.

hubba hubba

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I'm halfway through it when I got to work and had to pause it. I have no idea how it's going to end.

youll be very surprised. it seems like something that only happens in….well i guess cartoons

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

scary ghost dog posted:

youll be very surprised. it seems like something that only happens in….well i guess cartoons

The resolution to the age question had me dying.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It definitely didn't go where I thought it would and I'm glad Kulap's ok. Us 41 year olds born in 1979 have to stick together.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

One of the best parts about Action Boyz is their open disdain for the freak listeners. More podcasts need to do this. Because its created a largely self policing in the comments on Patreon. Blank Check fans on the other hand...

their discord is so bleak...

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Barbarella on Scott Hasn't Seen (Mitra Jouhari is the guest so that's great)

Somehow they didn't talk about the Excessive Machine, but still a good ep.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Mitra is such a fun guest, love when she pops up on pods.

Shes so good on the Alimony Tony specials.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
The Bitchin Hut with Mitch Mcnutt (PFT and Nicole Parker) is perfect.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I want Mitch McNutt to appear on CBB now. PFT character with that baseline level of cattiness would demolish Scott.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Paul's characters have been way too nice to Scott recently. Agreed that Mitch would run him over.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I want mcnutt and Doug to get a show.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
"You son of a sea cook" is a top tier Doug line.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Quicker than a ray of beeeeeeeeeeeeeeefff :toot:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Quicker than a ray of beeeeeeeeeeeeeeefff :toot:

Friday Night: TFLECBAD. TFCBDLAZ.Madonna's Here!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
a truly tremendous hollywood handbook

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

brennan being the most earnest straight man possible, giving the boys the greenlight to be even more hostile than normal, was really funny

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
BLM has some of the best thirst traps on tiktok right now. It's about time he was taken down a peg.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

tell me youve never fought in war without telling me youve never fought in war

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Fellatio del Toro posted:

tell me youve never fought in war without telling me youve never fought in war

I said don’t tell me!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Enjoyed that Hollywood Handbook enough to start up another episode and was disappointed they weren't half as aggressive.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Try Adam Pally, Our Bumper Recorder.

Though most of the older episodes are a lot more hostile, the boys are softening up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also any episode with tom scharpling, julie klausner, or ayo edebiri