Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I Was There Too

I hope Matt Gourley knows he needs to get Paul Rust on to talk Inglourious Basterds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

I hope Matt Gourley knows he needs to get Paul Rust on to talk Inglourious Basterds.

I totally forgot he was in that. Can't wait for the episode.

I want to give Lauren Lapkus's podcast a chance but episode 2 is a huge snooze. Maybe it's just me, but I never found Betsy Sodaro very funny.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I do think Betsy Sodaro is funny but I wasn't crazy about that episode either. The thing about this podcast is the 'guest' needs to be good at playing the hosting role. PFT was good at it, obviously, but Betsy sounded kinda awkward and uncomfortable at times.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
betsy sodaro....... sucks

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Once the Amanda Knox reveal happened I was going they'd go more into that. But they just kind of ignored it after it came up.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

manyak posted:

I love her as the filthy gypsy on the episode with Jimmy Pardo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

manyak posted:

shes always great on improv4humans. frozen wogurt

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Judge Clayjar posted:

shes always great on improv4humans. frozen wogurt

Unless you play lovely guitar, Matt Besser doesn't invite you on i4h if you're not funny.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
My enjoyment of I4H has drastically gone down since it became old man complains about stuff and listens to acoustic guitar

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The scenes themselves are still great, just skip the songs and case closed

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
It's petulant, but seeing the best-of being centered around the musical guests, I couldn't even bring myself to skip through the songs that I've already skipped through once before. It's bewildering, but in a benign way. I want someone like Gabrus or Gemberling to make fun of Besser for it sometime.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I'm not denying it's not the firstiest of first world problems, but I still get a little bummed out when the description says something along the line of "Matt welcomes singer so and so who performs songs from his latest album...".

And sometimes they do scenes based on the lyrics so it won't make sense if you didn't listen to the whole boring thing :argh:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The first scene in that best-of where they end up in Atlantis and then go all the way around again while everyone giggles madly is loving magic.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

cams posted:

I love her as the filthy gypsy on the episode with Jimmy Pardo.

That poo poo was wicked racist.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't had a problem with any of the musical guests :shrug: I'd rather have a musical guest than listen to Besser yell at listeners in the spirit of 'debate'. And Betsy is super funny on I4H but I agree that the new Lauren Lapkus podcast is struggling and she didn't seem to be the best fit for the show. I actually don't think I'll be following the show at all if the next episode isn't good; it just seems like CBB-lite, but without Scott and usually another guest to guide the conversations & keep the momentum going.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't heard the most recent episode but I'll probably keep listening just because I think Lapkus is pretty funny/charming and I like poop jokes.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Illinois Smith posted:

The first scene in that best-of where they end up in Atlantis and then go all the way around again while everyone giggles madly is loving magic.

I lost it when Besser introduces the shark and someone immediately yells, "LAKE SHARK!"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That poo poo was wicked racist.
She's not saying that all gypsies are filthy, just that she is a filthy gypsy.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Well, everyone drives a Crabist...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked Lapkus #2. Keep it up!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 1, 2014

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I liked it too. The "host" wasn't the best, but I thought she didn't do terribly.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man the guest segment in today's Hollywood Handbook is painful

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
loving Cody not giving it up for the Weas.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

According the musical magazine The Rolling Stones, U2 released the best album of the year.

Thoughts?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

According the musical magazine The Rolling Stones, U2 released the best album of the year.

Thoughts?

I need a U Talkin' U2 to Me? episode about this.

And then another one about the Snubs & Flubs.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Between U2 scheduled to play a week of the Tonight Show (before Bono broke the gently caress out of his arm) and Bruce Springsteen and Chris Martin filling in for Bono during an AIDS concert last night, there's enough material for at least seven episodes.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Thoughts?
C+

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Thoughts?

It's good rock'n'roll, uh, music

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Man the guest segment in today's Hollywood Handbook is painful

I initially thought Pauly Shore was feigning confusion, but no, he actually does not understand what's going on at all.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I think he just got bored after the first commercial break. On his new podcast he starts it off by saying "Why's it called Pauly Shore's Interested?... cus I'm actually interested, bro!" and you get a sense of oh he really does need to tell you upfront if he's interested.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Listening to Sean and Hayes being on edge during the Pauly Shore interview cracked me up really hard.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Pauly Shore's publicist must either really love HH or really hate Pauly Shore. Or maybe listened to only the first 5 minutes of a show before booking him?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yo, I really like "The Canon"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Canon could offer me $500 every time I listen to an episode, but I can never get past the sound of its shrill co-host screaming that Goodfellas is a bad movie because the Italian Anti-Defamation League said *literally reads an entire paragraph from a 1991 press release*

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 3, 2014

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

The Canon could offer me $500 every time I listen to an episode, but I can never get past the sound of its shrill co-host screaming that Goodfellas is a bad movie because the Italian Anti-Defamation League said *literally reads an entire paragraph from a 1991 press release*

Good job that's the first episode and that's it. Last week's Jerry Maguire episode and this one about Star Wars/The Empire Strikes Back (It's Star Wars) have been pretty interesting discussions. It's a lot more dialled back, and now I don't feel alone in preferring Star Wars over the much lauded half-sequel.

I agree the first episode is garbage though. But I put that down to them not really knowing what they're doing yet. The Temple of Doom episode was interesting, because it puts Devin in a place of defending racism and sexism.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

actually Empire is still better

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

Good job that's the first episode and that's it. Last week's Jerry Maguire episode and this one about Star Wars/The Empire Strikes Back (It's Star Wars) have been pretty interesting discussions. It's a lot more dialled back, and now I don't feel alone in preferring Star Wars over the much lauded half-sequel.

I agree the first episode is garbage though. But I put that down to them not really knowing what they're doing yet. The Temple of Doom episode was interesting, because it puts Devin in a place of defending racism and sexism.
I've really agreed with almost everything Amy says on the podcast (Goodfellas wrongness aside) and listening to her be so flabbergasted and confused at Devin's LOVE of the racism and sexism in Temple of Doom was perfect. That movie is loving GARBAGE and is worse than Crystal Skull.

Also I think they actually managed to change my long-held preference of Empire over A New Hope. I still think Empire is the better Star Wars film, but A New Hope is indeed a better self contained film.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

Like I said, you couldn't pay me to listen to those two loud idiots have a fake argument about a concept (the American canon), especially when WolfPop debuted funny and charming Maltin on Movies the same day.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Like I said, you couldn't pay me to listen to those two loud idiots have a fake argument about a concept (the American canon), especially when WolfPop debuted funny and charming Maltin on Movies the same day.

Yeah you guys aren't really selling this by talking about how they argue weather or not a movie's good because of how sexist/racist it is. That's usually like the dullest, most predictable, and ultimately frustrating way to talk about a film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah you guys aren't really selling this by talking about how they argue weather or not a movie's good because of how sexist/racist it is. That's usually like the dullest, most predictable, and ultimately frustrating way to talk about a film.
The Ugnaughts in Cloud City deserve a voice, it's a goddamn shame how they are depicted in modern cinema