Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

edit im not gonna snipe with this kinda comment sorry :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Mary Holland is A+ Mary Holland on The Neighborhood Listen today. The character/Nextdoor post they give her is "Old man confused about Facebook ads" and she just goes nuts with it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That is one hot tip, gonna listen to that for sure.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's also just a good show all around. The premise is fun, the guests are great, PFT and Nicole Parker have a good cohost energy and readily adopt dumb new tics to their characters/the show that they commit to (PFT instinctively does a "yes and" to something Nicole says late in this week's episode; it takes them both a second to parcel out the enormity of it and the realization sends PFT into a fit.) And Engineer Brett is getting really good.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The show is very charming but it's more of an occasional listen for me. Something about it feels light and inessential, which is sometimes pleasant but makes it easy to not put into the regular rotation.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The Improv4Humans episode with the Scooby Doo Gang really made me laugh. Especially the bits about their legal troubles.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Really good Flagrant Ones this week. Lots of great Hollywood stories that were asked not to be shared beyond the paywall.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
What have they been talking about on Flagrant Ones since the NBA suspension? I always thought about subscribing to that podcast but I don't know anything about basketball.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There was a lot of Last Dance talk for a few weeks and they've been talking about basketball movies for the last few episodes (Jordan Rides the Bus/Blue Chips/today's one was Draft Day) hayes has invented something called the audio meme/sean created his hit song "big pants for sean"

I don't watch basketball and it's one of my favourite podcasts

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Imagine Hollywood handbook but they're jocks instead.

lately they've been talking about sports movies and TV. I don't know poo poo about basketball but It rocks.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
The last couple of weeks they've been doing sports movie discussion. Today's episode was Draft Day with Griffin Newman, who was actually in the movie, so they had a lot to talk about.

Aside from that, they've been talking about The Last Dance series a lot lately (the Michael Jordan documentary).

Other than that it's just been a lot of stories and games, sometimes related to the NBA and sometimes not.

Honestly, it really hasn't been that different from when the season was ongoing. I don't follow basketball much at all, and it's still one of my favorite podcasts to listen to.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Some of their recent eps have been about sports documentaries and movies.

Also it's definitely a great listen even if you don't know anything about basketball.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Srice posted:

Some of their recent eps have been about sports documentaries and movies.

Also it's definitely a great listen even if you don't know anything about basketball.

I haven't finished it but the Kevin Costner stories on this episode are great. Griffin Newman just works well with them too, he's been a great guest on a couple podcasts.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I have not laughed as hard as I did when Joe Wengert was describing clear yogurt to the HH boys in a long time. Something about it tickled me.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013
Been listening to some oooold HH eps lately, feels weird. I remembered all the jargon (for lack of a better word) like "hamburger sandwiches" and "skellington," but completely forgot the sort-of voice that Sean does for a lot of the segments.

In fact, I managed to forget that there used to be segments at all. Interested to see when it shifts into the modern format, where the guest is involved for the whole episode.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
No doubt around the time that no good Kevin got involved ...

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Just a heads up...should be a good time (if watching someone repeatedly be called a virgin is a good time):

https://twitch.tv/itsjonmackey

https://twitter.com/itsjonmackey/status/1274712995537420289?s=20

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Jess and Zach never cease to amaze me

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
My name's Sean Bean and I'm here to say, I lost my freakin head in a game of thrones way

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Lapkus and Byer are officially doing Lord of the Rings for season 2 of Newcomers. These 3.5 hour movies are going to kill them. I can't wait to hear them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ArtVandelay posted:

Lapkus and Byer are officially doing Lord of the Rings for season 2 of Newcomers. These 3.5 hour movies are going to kill them. I can't wait to hear them.

More real time walking places, they'll love it!

(And that reminded me to check todays, and yay Spaceballs! I didn't listen to the last one as Clone Wars isn't something I've ever watched... maybe I should listen anyway).

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Seems like Scott and Scott are gonna be dropping something tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/scottaukerman/status/1278023763561345026?s=21

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Oh man I hope Scott and Scott will do a band that doesn't completely suck this time

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Casey Finnigan posted:

Oh man I hope Scott and Scott will do a band that doesn't completely suck this time

Presuming they're in the image, my gut feeling tells me it'll be the Chili Peppers. Tough name scheme to implement, mind.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Genuinely pissed they probably aren't going to do Talking Heads, despite both being huge fans and having a solid discography/filmography to explore.

R U Talking Talking Heads Head To Head To Me is right there, Scotts.

edit: If this is a real tease, my money's on Radiohead.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Senator Giroux posted:

I wanna KISS you!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Obsessed with KoЯn

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

R U Fightin Foo With U?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Honk if UR kOrny

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Park Ur Lincoln For N Inklin Of Linkin Park

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol that Harvey Guillen episode today was a real throwback in terms of awkwardness levels

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
Sonic Youth Talkin' Goo To Me

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
You Toolin' Around?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Senator Giroux posted:

I DEMURE, U'RE TALKING THE CURE

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I almost don’t want them to do Radiohead because I like them and don’t want to get mad about their dumb opinions.

But I would like them to talk about Ed always sings “Ed” on Weird Fishes

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Casey Finnigan posted:

Hey you popping my stones here bud?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Today's Hollywood Handbook was very good

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

EL BROMANCE posted:

Presuming they're in the image, my gut feeling tells me it'll be the Chili Peppers. Tough name scheme to implement, mind.

We could just finally be getting the Peppermen podcast.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ArtVandelay posted:

It's gonna be great. I can't even begin to guess how they'll start talking about it but it'll be a wild episode for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'd like an entire season of Staind Glass