Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What podcasters like kate bush where is the kate bush podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

What podcasters like kate bush where is the kate bush podcast

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-kate-bush-fan-podcast

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
huh

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

The fun thing about RHCP is that there's going to have to be another 3 episodes talking about the early 13 track albums where every song sounds like they threw it together in the back of the tour bus before we get to Blood Sugar Sex Magik, where Rick Rubin finally told them how to make music that isn't terrible.

Also I have serious doubts that Adam Scott is going to read all those books about the band and also provide decent and timely commentary using what he's learned.

Is it weird that I'm a little bummed they used Can't Stop as the theme song instead of a deep cut like White Tornado they used for R.E.M.?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I'm bummed it's about a fuckin terrible rear end band

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

piratepilates posted:

The fun thing about RHCP is that there's going to have to be another 3 episodes talking about the early 13 track albums where every song sounds like they threw it together in the back of the tour bus before we get to Blood Sugar Sex Magik, where Rick Rubin finally told them how to make music that isn't terrible.

Also I have serious doubts that Adam Scott is going to read all those books about the band and also provide decent and timely commentary using what he's learned.

They are 1 album away from Mother's Milk, it won't take that long.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This is what I come to a U Talkin' for.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I've been watching Robbie and it's decent. Everyone's good in it but Mary Holland is absolutely a highlight.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just sucks that Robbie sucks hard. I wish they gave him even a little bit of humility or just realize that he doesn't know gently caress-all about basketball. But instead nobody says poo poo about it and just treats it as any other pipe dream. Dude if you want to be a coach you better know at least a little bit about the sport. You don't have to be good at it you just need to understand it. Especially at that level. I get that the show is not really about that, but I feel like a tiny bit of development would have helped the show out a lot.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

Just sucks that Robbie sucks hard. I wish they gave him even a little bit of humility or just realize that he doesn't know gently caress-all about basketball. But instead nobody says poo poo about it and just treats it as any other pipe dream. Dude if you want to be a coach you better know at least a little bit about the sport. You don't have to be good at it you just need to understand it. Especially at that level. I get that the show is not really about that, but I feel like a tiny bit of development would have helped the show out a lot.

The team clearly improves over the season

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

he’s not a real guy

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I'm listening now and have just heard that they had a song called "sex rap". Jesus the chili peppers are shite lol. Podcast's more fun than I was expecting, they seem to be realising how terrible the band are as it goes along.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
there is some grade A bullying going on in the Harvey Guillén episode of HH. Antagonistic episodes are always pretty good but this is the rare one that never feels like it’s running out of steam. Reminds me of the first Scharp ep.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pat Mustard posted:

I'm listening now and have just heard that they had a song called "sex rap". Jesus the chili peppers are shite lol. Podcast's more fun than I was expecting, they seem to be realising how terrible the band are as it goes along.

I just want to say, solid forum name.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Robbie isn't on a streaming service, is it? Or any chance I can get it through the CC app without a cable log in? Mary Holland is my talent/actual crush.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Pilot is on Youtube. That was all I could find beyond CC.

E: VVV Well, oopsie. In my defense YT is hosed for me lately.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 3, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Isn’t the whole thing on YT? I was glad that Scovel brought up how rear end it looks. Every copy I’ve seen no matter where it came from just looks like trash when it was obviously competently made but someone hosed up the final distribution copies.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Like Aukerman, I saw the "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes" video on some weird video show in the mid-80's (I wanna say "Night Flight" but who knows) and thought "hey, this is kinda cool and different". By the time of "Under the Bridge" and "Give It Away" I was like "oh god I hate them soooo much". So when they played "Coyotes" on the show, I again thought "yeah this is a good song".

Then they played everything else and yep, RHCP are loving terrible.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Tarranon posted:

there is some grade A bullying going on in the Harvey Guillén episode of HH. Antagonistic episodes are always pretty good but this is the rare one that never feels like it’s running out of steam. Reminds me of the first Scharp ep.

Yeah that was a great ep, kind of a throwback.

I wish they would upload some more clips of the zoom stuff where Sean's cats freak out

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Isn’t the whole thing on YT? I was glad that Scovel brought up how rear end it looks. Every copy I’ve seen no matter where it came from just looks like trash when it was obviously competently made but someone hosed up the final distribution copies.

Yeah the whole thing is free on YouTube.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was sceptical of the band choice because I dont think either of them have a big stupid fandom for em, but the personal stories should at least make the first few eps fun.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

FitFortDanga posted:

Like Aukerman, I saw the "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes" video on some weird video show in the mid-80's (I wanna say "Night Flight" but who knows) and thought "hey, this is kinda cool and different". By the time of "Under the Bridge" and "Give It Away" I was like "oh god I hate them soooo much". So when they played "Coyotes" on the show, I again thought "yeah this is a good song".

Then they played everything else and yep, RHCP are loving terrible.

I've never heard "True Men" until now. I kinda like it!

I don't think I've ever called myself a RHCP fan, and have only basic knowledge of blood sugar sex magick, plus stuff that would be on a 2-disk greatest hits. I'm guessing I this will not change.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah the whole thing is free on YouTube.

Every episode except episode 4 is blocked in my country. Time to watch that!

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Don't know why they didn't just go with
Not gonna throw away my Scott: Another Hamilton podcast.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Ugh I bet Adam Scott looooooooves Hamilton so much. He seems the type.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Garth_Marenghi posted:

loving hell don't give them any ideas.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just re-visted the two best podcast episodes of all time and feel it's my duty to post about them here in case anyone hasn't heard them or wants to listen to them again. The Dead Authors Podcast - L. Ron Hubbard Part 1, Part 2.

Andy Daly is just on fire the entire time, and PFT is in a constant state of breaking because of the logic circles that he's running in just trying to keep up. Plus the fact that the entire time you're constantly being reminded that the majority of this is true.

e: Also, I'm unreasonably bummed that Bonanas for Bonanza isn't actually going to do 400+ episodes because it's been a real fun ride :(

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 6, 2020

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Just re-visted the two best podcast episodes of all time and feel it's my duty to post about them here in case anyone hasn't heard them or wants to listen to them again. The Dead Authors Podcast - L. Ron Hubbard Part 1, Part 2.

Andy Daly is just on fire the entire time, and PFT is in a constant state of breaking because of the logic circles that he's running in just trying to keep up. Plus the fact that the entire time you're constantly being reminded that the majority of this is true.

e: Also, I'm unreasonably bummed that Bonanas for Bonanza isn't actually going to do 400+ episodes because it's been a real fun ride :(

I forgot about Dead Authors. I still love the ep with Ben Schwartz as Roald Dahl. He really loved the BFG and then PFT asks "What's with the antisemitism?"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

The Ape of Naples posted:

I forgot about Dead Authors. I still love the ep with Ben Schwartz as Roald Dahl. He really loved the BFG and then PFT asks "What's with the antisemitism?"

Oh man, hearing a man's heart break live on stage while still needing to stay in character was simultaneously gut-wrenching and hilarious.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
boy the end of the mark twain one

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Just listen to any episode of Never Not Funny from 2015 to.... now?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man, NNF. Jimmy is so funny, but that show is so bad. When Jimmy can actually have a conversation with the guest it's great, but every time anyone else opens up their mouth it's a disaster.

I wish someone would actually give him a gameshow.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Jimmy Pardo is almost an instant skip for me when he's on CBB. I almost abandoned the episode that introduced Carl Tartt's OJ because why the gently caress do I care about Jimmy Pardo watching Forrest Gump after a break-up?

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

I remember somebody saying NNF was good until Hamilton ruined it, which is so funny. The idea of a talk show being ruined by the existence of a musical is amazing. What a horror that production wrought on the culture

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I used to love NNF but fell off for awhile. When I finally checked back in I skipped around to random parts of an episode to get a feel for it. First thing I came across was Jimmy in the middle of a tirade blaming Bernie Sanders for Trump, and when I skipped further he was listing people he likes to follow on Twitter, such as Debra Messing ("for the politics"). :yikes:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

SpacePig posted:

Oh man, hearing a man's heart break live on stage while still needing to stay in character was simultaneously gut-wrenching and hilarious.

I can still hear him in my head: "what to do with the book"? an incredibly great episode.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
NNF is still alright if there's a guest that works with the format. The Andy Daly episodes (like last week) are usually pretty decent. Funny that Feedmyleg mentioned him getting a game show because they occasionally talk about the one the did get that only lasted one season before it was torpedoed by a new dude in charge of programming for the channel. I almost always skip the chit chat at the beginning and skip ahead to whenever the guest arrives and even then only listen at all if it's a guest I know of and care about. So maybe once every month or two. And yeah, I was a regular listener pretty much until all the Hamilton bullshit too. Those couple of years were absolutely awful.

I'm always happy when John Hodgman shows up on CBB so looking forward to this listening to this ep. Always reminds me of listening to his audiobooks for "The Areas of My Expertise" and whatever the next one was (I forget the name at the moment). Those were fantastic!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just got my Hollywood Handbook vinyl because I'm a turbonerd. I was actually expecting something significantly cheaper rather than a proper vinyl release—more like the Superego plastidisc that I got a few years back. However it is fairly barebones with no liner notes or booklet or any of that, but I'll toss it on the record player later today and give it a listen. I forget what's even on it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Just got my Hollywood Handbook vinyl because I'm a turbonerd. I was actually expecting something significantly cheaper rather than a proper vinyl release—more like the Superego plastidisc that I got a few years back. However it is fairly barebones with no liner notes or booklet or any of that, but I'll toss it on the record player later today and give it a listen. I forget what's even on it.

It's an original episode with Ben Rodgers where they pitch a script for the second season of HBO's Vinyl. I got mine last week; I wish I had a turntable.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

It's pretty drat funny, fake script reading and songs with Brett on guitar and probably Dana on drums.

feedmyleg posted:

Check for the signed insert, it's a white index card so you might miss it but don't toss it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:lol: it was in my recycling bin. Thank you!!