Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

ZackHoagie posted:

Hey Jeff, when it comes to Yo, Is This Racist could we find a way to have it both ways and have one compilation episode of the week beforehand or is it just redundant to do something like that?

That's essentially what we tried. The issue is feed related. It's too confusing to have two feeds (in iTunes and elsewhere) and unless you have two, subscribers would have redundant content that would annoy the living you know what out of them. Sorry, we tried and failed.

Had the same conceptual problem with Ducca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

"I put her down" had me in tears.

"That was the right call right?"

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Drunkboxer posted:

"That was the right call right?"

So loving great, I had to rewind because I wasn't sure I heard what was happening right.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Lennon Parham (who's pregnant!) mentioned this excellent Tumblr in the latest Doug Loves Movies http://mantzoukaswhiteshirtjeans.tumblr.com/

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GraPar posted:

Lennon Parham (who's pregnant!) mentioned this excellent Tumblr in the latest Doug Loves Movies http://mantzoukaswhiteshirtjeans.tumblr.com/
Thank you. Was trying to find it when she mentioned it.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Re: Nerd Poker

Maybe I should just be paying attention more but it'd be cool if we had pictures of the players and a description of their character to help follow along.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

JayMax posted:

Re: Nerd Poker

Maybe I should just be paying attention more but it'd be cool if we had pictures of the players and a description of their character to help follow along.

If you go the first episode on earwolf they've got some pictures up: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/let-the-game-begin/

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Nerd Poker requires some real effort to listen to. I feel like every time I zone out while listening I miss something important.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I barely know anything about D&D and just listened to the first episode of Nerd Poker with no expectations of enjoying it. It was loving great.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Trujillo posted:

If you go the first episode on earwolf they've got some pictures up: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/let-the-game-begin/

I think he wants something like a character guide, like so you can remember who's a hideous dragon monster and who's a handsome elf etc.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Man, this week's Nerd Poker is just chock-full of creeper poo poo :stare: It's like an hour long rape joke.
I assume there's a good reason why the DM has the ship being run only by super hot amazonian babes, but for this episode at least it seemed like it was only there to make them titter and behave badly. It's also kind of a bummer that it relegates Sarah to being the mom trying to get everyone back on point and telling them to stop giggling behind their hands.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Going by Sarah's normal work and all I really doubt she's going to be group mom here.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
What the gently caress was that ad-lib poo poo on How Did This Get Made?

Greggy posted:

it seemed like it was only there to make them titter and behave badly.

I never played D&D, but isn't that kinda the point?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

What the gently caress was that ad-lib poo poo on How Did This Get Made?

Its not ad-lib poo poo, those are the real problems facing Jason Woliner: http://jeshirt.tumblr.com/

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Yannick_B posted:

Its not ad-lib poo poo, those are the real problems facing Jason Woliner: http://jeshirt.tumblr.com/

Jésus that site cracks me up. It had me going for a bit until I saw the Leonard Pilk memorial shirt.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Reality Show Show continues to be very funny. Sean and Hayes had a very funny conversation about the Real World Challenge with Dave Holmes. Even though I don't watch any of those shows I love this podcast.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Jésus that site cracks me up. It had me going for a bit until I saw the Leonard Pilk memorial shirt.

Yeah Woliner called and talked about it on the Best Show. Thought it was real too for a sec.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Max22 posted:

Don't forget about the Comedy Bang Bang! thread -- this one spun off of that one.

Ok, we're going to tweet this very, very soon, but I wanted to come here first with some cool news. We recorded the comedians from the final live Comedy Bang Bang on Tuesday night interviewing each other about their 10 years and 500 shows of CBB memories. It was fun. We're editing now and it looks like we'll release it as an Earwolf Presents on Sunday at 11:59pm PST (that's the plan anyway). It's close to an hour and a half long.

It's pretty cool for anyone who ever wanted to be backstage at a CBB live show. Scott will do the intro but has not heard the file and I won't let him until it's released! I hope everyone enjoys it. It looks like we'll have a sponsor and 100% of the ad revenue will go to The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. Podcasting for good feels great. I can't wait to hear the reaction on Monday!

Participants

Patton Oswalt
David Cross
Chris Hardwick
Doug Benson
Brian Posehn
Joss Whedon
Paul F. Tompkins
Steve Agee
John Hamm
Tim Heidecker
Neil Hamburger
DJ Douggpound
Kurt Braunholer
Kristen Schaal
Anthony Jeselnik
Tom Lennon
Jimmy Pardo
Jenny Slate
Nick Kroll
Chelsea Peretti
Rikki Lindhome
Kate Miccuci
Jeff Ullrich
Kulap Vilaysack
Mike Rosenstein
Jake Fogelnest

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Well that's just about the best list of people I've ever seen. That's fantastic.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Can't wait. And donating the profits is a nice thing to do. You guys are great!

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Popelmon posted:

Can't wait. And donating the profits is a nice thing to do. You guys are great!

Thanks, I'm very excited!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

This is great news. I couldn't make it to the last show at UCB (had tickets but stuff came up) so it's nice to have this little goodbye.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Joss Whedon does standup?

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Poopy Palpy posted:

Joss Whedon does standup?

No, he was just backstage.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Well that's just about the best list of people I've ever seen. That's fantastic.

I forgot Zach Galifianakis.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

THE RETURN OF JON HAMM

If Harris Wittels were on this list, the podcast would just be too good to be sustainable.

Too foamy.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Dark Weasel posted:

THE RETURN OF JON HAMM

If Harris Wittels were on this list, the podcast would just be too good to be sustainable.

Too foamy.

Harris's phone went dead before the show and he couldn't find his charger so he had to sit this one out.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Who was the terrible guest scott mentioned on Kevin Pollack? Pretty please Jeff, I need to know.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Politicalrancor posted:

Who was the terrible guest scott mentioned on Kevin Pollack? Pretty please Jeff, I need to know.

I haven't listened, sorry, no idea.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

jeffullrich posted:

I forgot Zach Galifianakis.

Yesssss. Even better.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

I asked this question in the CBB thread. A few people have offered suggestions.

Edit: Sorry, just realised you are one of those people. Carry on.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Holy poo poo, that list looks amazing!

For a dirty Swede like me, what actually was the CBB live show? Was it exactly like the podcast but live and more improv with the audience stuff? Most of what I know is that Doug had to apologize to them a lot when his Doug Loves Movies podcast ran long :v:

e: vvvv Tja! :sweden:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 8, 2012

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
As another dirty Swede I'm fairly sure it was "just" a standup show

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

As another dirty Swede I'm fairly sure it was "just" a standup show

Yes, just a stand up show. Some sketchy type bits too.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

jeffullrich posted:

Yes, just a stand up show. Some sketchy type bits too.

Any feedback on the backstage show? I'm fairly insecure and it ended up being a lot of work. We're not getting a ton of feedback on our forums or Twitter. Be honest!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey Jeff. What's with the censoring on the CBB special? Is Presents a feed y'all want to keep free of the explicit tag in iTunes or something?

It was funny to hear posehn getting beeped so much in casual speech.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 10, 2012

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hey Jeff. What's with the censoring on the CBB special? Is Presents a feed y'all want to keep free of the explicit tag in iTunes or something?

It was funny to hear posehn getting beeped so much in casual speech.

There is a new file up without the bleeps. What happened was that we had a company interested in sponsoring the ep but they were concerned about vulgarity. So in my initial pass, I put in bleeps in my editing notes. But as it went along (and as the night got later and later), it was just too much so I stopped and put a note in for the engineer that said - disregard the bleeps. And then told the sponsor it wouldn't work.

He didn't see that note in the email. So they went in. When I heard on the forums this morning that they were still in and asked him to fix. He sent out the new file an hour or so ago and it was swapped out (I think). So if you delete and re-download, you'll hear the uncensored version. Thanks for asking!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Really liked the CBB Nativity Special. I like Scott and Kulap's energy together(no freakin' duh) and they're right that it's kind of a cool look at the energy at the backstage shows. Also makes me wish it wasn't over so I could've gone to one of those all-nighter shows.

Someone mentioned it in the Comedy Bang Bang thread, but I'd kill to see Scott all embarrassed while listening to the sincere clips.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I was fine with the bleeps. There were only a few.

I thought it was cool, but a little voyeuristic since the worlds of the live show and podcast rarely intersected (although Scott included bits from the live show every now and then). Comedy Bang Bang (the podcast) sometimes feels like you're listening in to a goofy conversation between funny comedian friends, but the live show sounds like those same people were performing at the peak or boundaries of their craft. So I'm glad it cultivated the amazing comic sensibilities of all these people, but it was a show I never got to see and never will. :'( I'm jealous of those 100 people in LA who got to see the funniest group of living people(?) perform every week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

jeffullrich posted:

Any feedback on the backstage show? I'm fairly insecure and it ended up being a lot of work. We're not getting a ton of feedback on our forums or Twitter. Be honest!

I thought it was great! Really good mix of sincere and funny, and pretty fascinating to someone who has never been to a live show. Plus Scott and Kulap are goddamn adorable together.