Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
How dare they trick me with that Mike Detective snafu. I've been waiting for like a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Does anyone know what song is playing during the this week's Hollywood Handbook cop scene? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't place it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

jakefogelnest posted:

Peter Conheim of Negativland is on my show this Thursday.

Did someone forget to close the plugs bag???

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

the other 25% is getting some fuckin tshirts

Why have they forsaken this joke they haven't said it in like four episodes.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I'd rather listen to totally lame than holly wood hand book. I'm sorry everyone.

Totally Laime does have a really great intro song, but so does JV club, and neither is as good as HH's.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Reformed Pissboy posted:

why the gently caress doesn't Gene Shalit have a podcast

I only know of this person, and all movie critics, from The Critic, but I don't remember Maltin ever being on the show.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Since someone mentioned Mike Detective, does anyone remember the setup to the joke that ended with "we had a lot of hard ships". I could spend the hour or so listening to the whole thing again but if anyone remembers that would be great.

Also even if you don't like HH you gotta love that theme song.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

This might be a tough pull but does anyone remember which Hollywood Handbook epi had the Interstellar quotes over the popcorn gallery?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Slackerish posted:

I think it's the Paul Scheer ep

I should have come back sooner, I found it shortly after I asked. Its Thomas Middleditch, which is overall a great episode.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

RIP Steve Rannazzisi who got killed by Sean this week.

This and the Hayden Panettiere joke were the standout moments of a great episode, maybe because they both broke Scharpling.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Is Scharpling as funny on his own show? He's really funny on HH but it seems like, fueled by Hayes and Sean somehow. I remember listening to a few eps of the Best Show, but it was too long.

Also, did he and PFT ever settle their mysterious beef?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Is there a reason Hollywood Handbook doesn't have its own thread? I feel like it's this threads' favorite podcast, and I feel like there's enough fodder to support it's own thread. And it would be nice to have somewhere to go to find out when the Interstellar popcorn gallery bit took place (Thomas Middleditch) or when Sean did his vocal warm-up (57).

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

piratepilates posted:

I'm just now listening to the last New York HH and holy crap this episode is amazing.

Top five all time show (ANY SHOW) for me

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Is there ever a point in Workaholics where you can really notice Sean Clements' . . . style? I keep watching it, and its OK, but it doesn't really buss my whole poo poo up. I know Sean is only one of many writers but I was wondering if there was ever like a Sean centric episode or something.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I just got to listening to the last HH this weekend and it was another hank aaron home run hit. The Live from SXSW bit was awesome, and Engineer Brett really brought it. "As a black man, what do you think about the Singularity?" "Ow, ow, ow"

Engineer Brett is practically a third member of the show, i wonder if he gets paid for it?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

I liked this part a lot, and this episode, also a lot.

Alison Rich liked this part a lot too which made it better

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I don't know if the most recent Tom episode can be the best, Big Apple Bible might be the best HH ever.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

How long will Hayes and Sean get to openly mock Howl before they get silenced??

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

This weeks HH was OK but I think Sean on CBB outshined it

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I would be devastated if Hollywood Handbook ended, but I might recover if I knew Sean was going to be part of another weekly podcast

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

rapeface posted:

I absorbed all the water with the pillow

I'm the murderer of land

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Why would they expect me to pay for something that's not Hollywood Handbook??

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

A few months ago I tried to tell people I was a farmy brat during a meeting a work and it totally bombed. I don't think anyone was even familiar with the term army brat, and my boss kept saying "you didn't grow up on a farm!"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Is it because Sean was so awesome on Making History, which was loving hilarious and I'm still steaming mad it's cancelled?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I cancelled my stitcher premium account over a month ago but I can still listen to HH Pro in their app so. . .

fuckin' stitcher premium!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Action Boyz is so funny and highly recommend if yuh want another patreon podcast.

Absolutely this, I just signed up a few weeks ago and I'm crushing eps left and right. I wish I had time to watch the movies I haven't seen, but when they do one I grew up with (Van Damme movies, Best of the Best) it's my favorite podcast.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Sean of HH was on Action Boyz today. I love action boyz.

He also mentioned a possible NBA podcast with Hayes on patreon.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

soggybagel posted:

The thing about action boyz is that they ostensibly talk about the movie. So they can do tangents but it always goes back to the plot. They basically walk their way through a movie start to finish so it’s not just jumping around crazy. I’ll say this again. It’s basically the only podcast I laugh out loud to constantly. And also I love all the poo poo movies they review. The almost never have guests but the Demolition Man episode with Wiger and Mitchell might be the funniest podcast I’ve listened to since Don Dimelo’s debut like 7 years ago.

Yeah I think the true strength of Actionboyz is Bang, he does the entire synopsis of every movie and always gets the show back on track, and he's hilarious. Gabrus is great but he's not suited to be a lead, he's a sidekick. Stanger has great quips and his Arnold is hilarious, maybe not as good but as funny as Will Sasso.

Now that I really appreciate Rodgers i think I'll go back and listen to Masterclass.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I cancelled my Stitcher account in January and it still works

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I liked Ghosted AND Making History and its a nice thought to imagine Sean making shows basically only for me to enjoy.

They were good and funny and nice shows and i don't understand why they had to get cancelled :sad:

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

It kind of seems like the unofficial stitcher RSS feeds are broken? I went to the website and got a certificate warning, and none of my pods will update in podcast addict. Are people still using these or has everyone moved on to something else?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Wow I just realized I've been listening to the ad free episodes of HH. Not even sure when i switched over.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

My favorite Rodgers impression is Trump taking about John McCain - "he died, he's a loser!"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Hey!

Hey!

Hey get out of that basket you kids!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I love Julie Klausner and of course i love Hayes but i really would like Sean to be around for a Julie ep.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I remember the first time listening to Masterclass and not really knowing Bang at all, and he plays straight man pretty much the whole time. Then after becoming a die hard ActionBoyz movie buff going back and relistening, I had a whole new appreciation.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I want them to finally do a band i personally love so it should be the Smiths, the Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur jr. or Cursive.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

I'm still just on Flagrant Ones, Actionboyz, and We Hate Movies, and I guess Wrestling Observer/F4W for non-comedy based podcasts I pay for, and I don't think I could really justify getting another else (and making sure my stitcher subscription didn't auto-renew) because I have a huge backlog on all of it.

Man, I've been subscribed to the Observer for so long i don't ever think about the money, it's basically like taxes out of my paycheck at this point.

I can also justify my Actionboyz sub because in addition to the podcasts, they also give me homework in the form of watching five movies a month i most likely would never watch on my own and sometimes even books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

For me Actionboyz is appointment listening so I gladly give them the 8 bucks every month. On the other hand, I signed up for Flagrant Ones a month or so ago, and while I love HH, I don't really care for almost every other show so I'm thinking about dropping it. The clutter of them all being in the same feed is half the reason I want to quit.