Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Hsien-Ko posted:

I never listened to the Earwolf Challenge but I'm kind of surprised that Totally Laime won.

Yeah, I could only stomach to listen to a few episodes of totally laime after they won but I still listen to the little dum dum club once in a while, the show they beat in the last round. It still holds up for me even when I don't know who the guests are. Would have been a nice change of pace for earwolf instead of another show that interviews the same LA comedians and actors that 100,000 other podcasts interview. They've diversified some since then but that was 95% of their shows in one form or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

JayMax posted:

Re: Nerd Poker

Maybe I should just be paying attention more but it'd be cool if we had pictures of the players and a description of their character to help follow along.

If you go the first episode on earwolf they've got some pictures up: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/let-the-game-begin/

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Someone asked a while ago if there were pictures of the nerd poker characters. The earwolf blog just linked to this: http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/9733-character-drawings/

Not official but some of them are pretty good. Mostly because of Ell Ryan.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
VPN got all the kinks out and being live does way more for I4H than it does for CBB. They're doing another one again in two weeks but it should be weekly.

erezaka posted:

I just wanna know if E the PI's hair is as stupid as Besser keeps saying it is

It was magnificent. He also had a complete breakdown trying to explain his segment.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Spraynard Kruger posted:

I've jumped in to it recently... Was them not getting the "you're killing me, Smalls" thing a bit they do? Or have they seriously never seen The Sandlot? I honestly could not tell.

I think it's safe to assume that everything they say is a bit.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
The video is already up but if you just wanted to listen the podcast won't be out till Wednesday. That'd be pointless though cause then you'd miss PFT adorably mugging for the camera while Howard rants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zeTTHSSC-s

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Since earwolf started using the soundcloud player I haven't been able to get their shows on my phone. My phones getting old and can't use fancy "apps" but I can still get the internet. I was using funny or die for a bit but apparently they stopped updating their podcast section a few weeks ago. Anyone know of other sites that put earwolf podcasts up?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

but I have an old iPhone like you

Even worse. It's an old samsung eternity that I managed to walk into Lake Michigan with it still in my pocket :downs: It came back to life a few days later but can't do half the things it should be able to since. It's got RSS built into it but it crashes every time I try to update a podcast or look at the settings.

Luckily I just noticed that castroller has most earwolf shows so I should be alright. Thanks for the tips. They just don't have nerd poker for whatever reason so I assumed that they didn't have anything else earwolf.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

tnimark posted:

Was it in the pocket of your heavy coat? And had you just failed a campaign to become the honorary Mayor of Hollywood?

The screen's also pretty cracked from constantly jumping out windows and getting run over by jeeps.

And I can never forgive Ronna and Beverly for constantly interrupting Tig when they were all on CBB so I've never bothered to listen to their show.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I can never remember about the live episodes on Thursday either. Does anyone have a link? I assume you need to have been watching it to get one because I don't see it anywhere.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Matt Besser's taking a swing at Yo, is this Racist in this week's bonus episode. I don't care either way, but around 4 minutes in he states that Chicago's not racist because all the blacks live on the south side.
e: Also, today's Foglenest Files is the awkwardest and least-joyous circle jerk I've ever turned off midway through.

Sounded to me like he was saying that the separation is racist, not that it doesn't make Chicago racist but he didn't want to get into it. That was an insane statement for the guest to make and the host not to call out. People living in lofts in LA aren't racist, but people in Arkansaw, Chicago and Detroit are because there's no black people there? Really? She obviously knows so little of what she's talking about that I don't even think it needs addressing.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Thought the video podcasts were supposed to go up the day the podcast comes out? Don't see the latest improv 4 humans up.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Oh man, Armen Weitzman. This is pretty funny if you want to hear Matt Besser, Dave Anthony and the Dum Dum Club guys from the Earwolf Challenge beat up on him for a while.

http://dumdumclub.libsyn.com/episode-114-live-matt-besser-dave-anthony-armen-weitzman-and-nick-cody

Besser and Anthony were attacking the Dum Dum club until they bring out Weitzman, then everyone attacks him. Not sure what point that starts though. Just whatever point he comes out.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Nope, it's private now. I think it'll be up next Thursday the 23rd but I still don't really know how their schedule works.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
The live one tonight is I4H, watch is so the show doesn't get cancelled!

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe because improv4humans is better suited to be a video podcast compared to the rest of the earwolf shows. With the exception of CBB characters, there's not really anyone acting anything out like they do on I4H compared to the rest where they sit around talking.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

yeah its a weak rear end cop out. Is that episode the one Matt Besser called out on i4H?

That one was the person saying that there were no black people in Chicago, Detroit, or Arkansaw, and her writer friends only write racist sitcoms to appeal to the people in those places.

This time someone is blaming the racism on the show Outsourced on "middle America," and writing stereotypical caricatures is alright because it's giving an actor work. "I think it's a good thing to put these people in front of a camera."

I just hope this deepens the Besster/Ti feud. More podcasts should have beefs.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

quote:

And I'm ashamed to admit I got a bit legit pissed that Diane didn't even know who Eric The Intern was and that they didn't bust a gut laughing through the entire show. THAT JOB SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE

I think it infuriated me even more when she was wearing her cans wrong.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
The live one tonight is i4h. Don't remember seeing this much of it in the schedule last time I looked but I'm glad.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

urk the quack posted:

and also RIP Amarth :(

Is Nerd Poker over or just his character died?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Why does every website's format have to get progressively worse? You can only sort through two previous episodes at a time on earwolf now instead of eight. Ullllllrich! :arghfist:

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
gently caress you Greggy!

I always thought they should work Eric into the scenes somehow. That was amazing.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Taking a real stand here, I know, but I don't like Chris Hardwick! I'd watch if it Besser was on though. Do they only air once/can you watch them online?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Being bored and skimming twitter has finally paid off big time:

@twittels
"Bonus Analyze phish episode being recorded this weekend with @scharpling . Scott still editing the hollywood bowl episode."

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
New Gelmania coming this week...

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Yeah I've just been skipping the parts where they talk to that guy. I was surprised they had him back on the last episode. Wasn't expecting him to be a recurring guest now.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
A rock is just a benign monster.

Can't wait for the Dimello episode. Did they say which ones going to be next?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I think Kevin was Besser? He was doing one of them, just not sure on the names.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
A little late but if you want to hear Matt Besser, Dave Anthony and the Little Dum Dum guys beat up on Armen Weistzman for a while: http://littledumdumclub.com/?p=617

Not sure at what point it starts, maybe around halfway but you can skip to there. Dave Anthony and Matt Besser were making fun of the Dum Dum club until Armen came out and then everyone gangs up on him, especially about his lovely long winded story about almost getting beaten up by Denzel Washington at a high school football game.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

GraPar posted:

This is from UTU2TM, right? Which episode is it?

The one with Harris Wittels. (I think, I just know it was him saying that)

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
You probably wouldn't notice there was a new Affirmation Nation since it's still in the "other shows" section of Earwolf where they put all the cancelled podcasts.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/new-beginnings/

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

It's too bad Reality Show Show isn't around anymore, because this season of Real World has skellingtons in it.

Wouldn't that make it too scary for Sean to talk about?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

cams posted:

I really thought he'd gotten over the worst of it and was in the clear :(

Heroin isn't something most people who try ever get over.

Don't think i've ever been more bummed out about a person I didn't actually know dying.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

And the only one worth listening to is that white lady comedian saying Chicago is one of those typical midwest cities with no black people.

Think she also said Detroit, the blackest city in America, had no black people.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
The first episode of womp it up! is dropping tonight.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
E: Wrong thread, clipped suck though.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Why was Gelmania taken off Earwolf anyways? Stuff like the apple sisters is still on there.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Saw a promoted tweet that said "ALL @Earwolf & @Wolfpop shows. All remastered. All ad free.Only with Howl! Use code EARWOLF for 1 month free premium." Is this even true now that all shows on Howl are ad free? I'm pretty sure they were claiming that before but the ads were still there.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Did they take all the ads out of the old episodse like they said they would? I liked the HH/spont ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Yeah, for a split second I thought there was a new Mike Detective. Hopefully they don't think to take these down:

"Season 1" of Mike Detective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWjnBFy56qc

136 episodes of Affirmation Nation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyVKYsMxneo