Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Besson posted:

First Brian Husky episode is the next place to go, and then the BJ Novac episode. Have fun.

Actually it's Michael Cronin, Jordan Morris, Nicole Byer, the engineers episode, Dom's friend the Scuzman, the birday boys, sinbad,

actually just listen to all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
This spontaneanation seems like a beautiful example of what can go wrong when people don't start adding more escalating details to a long form. I found the whole thing to be pretty boring : (

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
im irrationally happy about the fact that HH seems to at least be safe from being canceled. i liked their competition to be the second least popular show on earwolf, but i also didn't like it

on the other hand, the longer the show goes on, the more diluted my pro version becomes...

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'm one of those freaks going through old episodes of stuff and holy poo poo I love the intro segment of the Ben Schwartz episode with engineer Sam

"Someone makes a powerful move when they want to assert being powerful

"And that's the only thing I could think of the whole time, was about Sam, thinking of Sam, killing him, hurting him"

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Hey just to clear this up: he was making fun of you for not knowing what words mean.

Thanks.

This helped.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
hell yeah, some more maximum fun crossover

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Dark Weasel posted:

Holly Wood Hand Book has never been good.

Putting all of these podcasts up at once is stupid. Howl was a bad idea. Scripps plateaued the Ear Wolf.

:yikes:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Spont improv has always been s little delightfully messy, but for the past few weeks it feels like they've had real trouble building momentum. I'm not sure why, I loved all the earlier ones but I feel like I haven't really enjoyed a whole episode since Death Valley. Is it just me and other people are still digging it or has the show actually shifted.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

cams posted:

I fully understand why someone wouldn't like Hollywood Handbook, but it's the funniest podcast currently in production, by far.

what's funny is I actually agree with almost all of the negative stuff people have to say about the show in their ehhh wrong segments, but whereas they think those things make the show bad, I'm all about them.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Is that a premie episode? It's not showing up on my feed.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
wow it's certified pro user zsinjeh right here in our very forums

incredible

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
hey holly wood hand heads ugh hand bookers uh HH fans

which episode was the one where the intro is the two of them in a restaurant watching an award show on tv and ordering food half the time

i can't find it on the scrippies

Tia

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

JethroMcB posted:

Seriously. Did they record it at UC Berkeley Sunset? I hear they have great acoustics.

But really, how the hell was that crowd so dead? What the gently caress is wrong with LA audiences? You can see the same dynamic in effect on The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail - every week there's a cavalcade of great comedians, performing in a very intimate space, and the audience (Who chose to be there, mind you!) never rises above a mild chuckle.

considering their commentary on how unfair it was for Aisha to have their show at the same time as hers, i'm guessing they didn't have a very big crowd

even if people really like the show it's typical group behavior to buss up less if you're not surrounded by people laughing with you

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Zsinjeh posted:

if i were ever at a hh taping you'd be drat sure i'd be busy taking notes and actually trying to LEARN something instead of loffing like a loon,
, sincerely scoop trooper

actually, you'd get the scoop on all the big laughs! and then where would the rest of us be? looking like a bunch of real fools while you're having the time of your life

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Every other time I listen to the interview in spont it's about gmos or gluten allergies

when did comedians turn into this, I hate it

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

The Ape of Naples posted:

For all of you Hollywood Handbook completists, Sean Clements is on the latest Jon Gabrus podcast "High and Mighty". The topic is poker/gambling.

Woah you should have mentioned dierkes was on it as well

Love that guy..

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
holy poo poo are they going to keep cutting Paul off the entire episode hahahahahaha

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Some episodes of HH have a good intro but okay guest, sometimes the vice is versa

And sometimes...it's the best of both worlds, baby

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
this week's with special guest was...so adult!!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
maybe it's just getting old, maybe it's because society is getting more loaded with junk data and reference culture

but all the interesting facts sean makes fun of are also things i can't stand hearing repeated every time someone thinks they have something interesting to say

oh you think the only good steak is a rare steak because of the science of food cooking??? that's really interesting i never heard that before!!!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i agree that that is why they are funny dorklords

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
rereading my post i realize i actually forgot to make my final point

which is that it seems like it's getting worse and we're just collecting more and more terrifyingly inane things to say

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
the problem is that i'm not smart, please be kind to me

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

manyak posted:

you have to listen and find out if the thing is racist or not, thats the magic of Yo is this racist.

that's why I like "Denzel Washington is the greatest actor of all time"

if i forget or i need a refresher, the title says it all

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
has 'how did this get made' ever had any incisive commentary? i listened to a few episodes and it's mostly them being generally ignorant about anything specific to the movie half the time, and then wondering whether it's offensive/racist the other half, and then just sort of lolling at how bad/campy the movie is on the other half

i love paul scheer but it's exhausting

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I think spont had a rough spot that I was afraid they'd never get out of but these days it's averaging at pretty good

a lot of the interview segments are super cringe tho. unless you always wanted to hear what LA comedians really think about GMO and whether social media is really bringing us closer together, or if it's just like a screen that, like is really keeping us separated

wsg is okay. it's never obnoxious so I'll put it in if I just want some affable background noise I can tune in and it of

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

piratepilates posted:

Sean was on an episode of "Don't get me started" that was really interesting. It was very serious and personal about Sean's life and his past. Very weird hearing them when they're not playing their bizarro characters.

what was even better was hearing him incorporate his sincere opinions on sentimental music into his comedy and make fun of it the next week

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I've been going thru some box Angeles eps with all the people that I like and wow it's a special treat to listen to Scott aukerman politely follow along while the host rants about how he might be the only person in the world who buys groceries based on the price per ounce

dat's good ranting

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
whoever it was, they've really done their research...

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Probably unrelated. Cudi has a steady acting career to go along with his music career, so I was surprised in the first place when he joined CBB and their 800 episode seasons. I'm just glad someone finally told them, or one of them, that Ronna and Beverly's schtick is awful.

Two guys pretending to be pompous Hollywood execs: hilarious, great fun

Two women pretending to be old jews: not funny, and kind of in poor taste considering how many times their people have led the world to the brink of destruction

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Work Friend Keven posted:

Pretty true except the first one is also bad & you undersold the destructive nature of the jew.

i love hollywood handbook...

i'm going to be the bigger man and just take your other notes though

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
all of the wild horses were pretty great imo even if erin kept trying to drag everything back to her incredible thirstiness for husbands/sons

really the only lady dud i can think of is tracey wigfield but it wasn't for lack of trying...

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

JethroMcB posted:

(Matt Besser enters a funeral parlor. There is a small casket at one end of the room, surrounded by bouquets, wreaths bearing "WE WILL MISS YOU BRANDON" and "OUR ANGEL" banners, and framed portraits of a small child. A young couple, clad in black, stand weeping in front of the coffin, her head buried in his chest. The man has a hand resting atop the coffin, and he is muttering "My son, my son")

"So what's this about"

lol

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

power botton posted:

Andrew did not make a snap judgement on twitter and pointed me to his suggestion form so the jury is still out.

drat, this is going to be a thinker

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

JethroMcB posted:

That was phenomenal. Poor girl.

The real message of this year's CBB Best Ofs was "Please stop inundating us with your stupid-rear end Twitter messages."

Neil Campbell, Our Close Employee

It's at the end, and it also comes right after the "episode" of Neil Campbell's science podcast teaching you about how to kidnap a child. I absolutely understand why QuickBooks was upset, though to be fair Sean never specifies that your accountant's kid is underage.

considering that in the ad he mentions like taking the kid out to dinner I'm pretty sure they're at least of age

you can't take underaged people out to dinner in fancy Hollywood restaurants, you just don't do it.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
The end of the Erin whitehead episode

In response to someone warning Erin that she might have a weird time on the show

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Erin is definitely the kid sister of the wild horses so I understand wanting to look out for her, especially when Sean Clements is around

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I think I would enjoy it more if it wasn't so clear that Kulap hates the show and sees the show's fans as an ATM machine to fund her personal project that she has no intention of finishing. I remember hearing on one of their podcasts like 3-4 years ago that she and Scott were trying to have kids and were doing in vitro stuff but clearly it hasn't worked. I imagine that disappointment, combined with her lack of talent (while being surrounded by very talented people) has driven her slowly crazy. Sad really.

i've listened to a few recent episodes, including guests i like

and while i do not think kulap is a very funny person i think she's a great and energetic host and vibes well with howard and the guests i've seen.

and really dat's some hosed up poo poo to say about someone. this isn't that kind of thread!! (cbb reference)

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

soggybagel posted:

Harry's Razors ad read on HH when it was just Santa being sad was good.

Santa accepting that he was sad enough to sleep with his wife while she was under the assumption that he was another man was one of the most quietly depressing and hilarious things to happen all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
this with special guest is pretty trying...