Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Lemmi Caution posted:

My theory is that the ad agency hack listened to half of one episode of CBB, heard the word "earholes," and said "Oh, I get it, monkey cheese lol random males 18-35." Presumably just after writing a totally epic Stride ad for AV Club and sucking a million cocks.

"POP!" says the Pepsi Next can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

Thank you! I hope I'm welcome here. I've seen a lot of people commenting and thought I should join and listen to what's being shared here.

Don't forget about the Comedy Bang Bang! thread -- this one spun off of that one.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

jyrka posted:

All I know about ads is that a lot of comedians really hate the post office.
Comedians used to hate airplanes. Now they hate the post office.

New No-No: airplanes are the post office now

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

barkingclam posted:

Is there a good place to start with Improv 4 Humans? I've been meaning to give that a shot, since a bunch of people I like on Comedy Bang Bang are on it, but with so many past episodes it's a bit daunting.

They're all pretty great and don't require any prior knowledge. Just pick one with names you like (any with Mantzoukas, Ben Schwartz or Tim Meadows are a pretty safe bet) and go from there.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

That's a slick animated intro.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Also somebody here got a suggestion on I4H. Congrats, you know who you are.

Was it me? Was it escalator?!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Unfortunately, someone was complaining about "Fortunately, Unfortunately" last week.

Fortunately, the game is always a hilarious disaster and they're gonna keep doing it for a long time to come.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Nemo posted:

I choose to believe that Hayes and Sean are starring in a new reality show that takes 7 weeks to film, and their NDA prevents them from broadcasting.

They better be "the podcasters" on the next Amazing Race! :colbert:

God, that would be the greatest thing in the world. Now I'm gonna be pissed at you when it doesn't happen :mad:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

tnimark posted:

Nick Kroll

Apparently I was out of the loop too.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I have ambiguous news!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Did you not read? It was butt surgery!

I love those guys :allears:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

barkingclam posted:

I always think of it as his Pope Benedict voice, personally.

Yeah. A Nazi.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Oh yeah, I remember that now. Good ep.

Scott never really played a character, though, beyond his "I'm gonna slowly draw weirdness out of you" persona

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I listen to Improv4Humans even more than CBB these days. I'd be super bummed to see it go :(

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Fezz posted:

How was the last live improv4humans?

The sound was out of sync the whole time, but they took a caller who asked for their thoughts on Ben Affleck as Batman (news which broke during the show) and there was a great scene involving a babysitting situation where the parents were at a racist tractor pull

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

People who've followed me in this thread and the Whodunnit? thread in TV-IV will know why this is the best day of my life (starting at 10:50): http://www.earwolf.com/episode/riddle-me-why/

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I'm currently catching up on Improv4Humans, and episode 84 is just insanely funny. Paul Rust is so silly, Lapkus and Gemberling bring their A-game, and Brandon Johnson is a little backgrounded but his interjection as the gay dad at a Lamaze class was hilarious. It's already all-time material, and I'm only halfway through.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I went to an improv show at the Fringe Festival this past month, and the performers were just doing Whose Line-style games. Which I would have loved a few years ago, but now I4H has spoiled me :smith:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Besson posted:

Big fan of the Mimby Project, myself.

And you've gotta love The Velvet Underground Men.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

GraPar posted:

If you don't laugh at 'The Sword Of Dan Cortese' then I don't know what to tell you. I do always wonder how they describe the show to their guests beforehand because everyone seems to slip quite easily into the kind of unique tone of the show. Incidentally, am I the only person who can still never tell their voices apart? I possibly blame this on me being English.

If you can't tell Hayes and Sean Hayes (and Sean) apart, I can't help ya

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Max22 posted:

If you can't tell Hayes and Sean Hayes (and Sean) apart, I can't help ya

Wait, maybe I can: Sean is the one who doesn't own a TV, and Hayes is the one who has a really big and nice TV.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Meh. I think I'm done with HH. The whole episode was pretty boring.

Uh, not that there's anything wrong with that

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Comedy Central is notoriously stupid and gunshy about commitment. It's gotten to the point where if you get more than one season, you're well ahead of the curve, and if you're in the rarefied air of two seasons, chances are you're on your last.

I feel like they've eased up on that. Key & Peele, Brickleberry, Nathan For You and Kroll Show have all been pretty quick renewals recently.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Speaking of Comedy Central, any fans of Improv4Humans should really watch Key & Peele. I've thought for years that the sketches on that show often have a very UCBesque style (to the point that I suspect they're borne out of I4H-style improv sessions), and sure enough I just noticed Ian Roberts in the credits as head writer.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Should I listen to Lindt's CBB episode before the pilot if I've never heard it before?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Hi Jeff, Hollywood Handbook is the best show on Earwolf please be nice to it

Groucho. Groucho. Ask him about the T-shirts

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

They really do cost us a lot of money with no hope of turning it around and we still do it, so that should say something. We're on our SECOND money losing show with those guys. I think we've proven our devotion.

Sounds like it's the perfect time to bring back The Reality Show Show

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

And how about some t-shirts?!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Make the Hollywood Handbook theme song longer so we can spend more time listening to Sean and Hayes's private off-mic banter :allears:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Beeez posted:

I think they should replace Andrew Ti with Yo-Yo Ma so they can cal it "Yo, Yo-Yo Ma, is this Racist?"

Yo, Yo-Yo Ma, You Talkin' U2 to Me?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Hey Jeff, if you're around, could you explain the rationale behind the Snus ads? Is it just a case of $$$? I'm not trying to be rude, it's just a little... odd.

What's Snus?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Max22 posted:

What's Snus?

Not too much. What's Snus with you?

AH HA HA HA HA

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

(Even though skipping ads on a phone is kind of a pain)

The solution is, as it is for all things, to download Downcast.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hollis Brown posted:

Yes them analyzing the fargo TV show was amazing.

Reality Show Show was like that all the time. Sean and Hayes are great and I love those two goofs on their own, but they bring their A-plus game riffing on banal and idiotic entertainment.

Basically it was a podcast too good for this world, and it could have become huge if people had known how funny it was (or maybe if it didn't have "reality show" in the title?)

If RSS ever came back, I would sign up for a free digital scale from Stamps.com.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

GraPar posted:

Enjoying this RSS love-in: I listened to every episode when they were coming out but none since, can anyone recommend a particularly great one to re-listen to?

Sean and Hayes spent the first segment of Episode 35, "Riddle Me Why," goofing on my tweet like a couple of goofs. It was the highlight of my year.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

:black101: ACHTUNG

;-* baby

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hayes was on Jeopardy??

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

barkingclam posted:

I read on my iphone while on break from my job of banging dumpsters together.

I'm glad I finally jumped on this a few weeks back, it's great. Which episode had Teen Pope? I want to check that out

The one with Shelby Fero, I think

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

poo poo was brutal and I loved it so much.

Which Armen-hosted episode of WC would be best to download as homework for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

tnimark posted:

I've been watching it. Hayes and Sean are not wrong in saying that it lacks the subtlety of the movie, but I think it's a good, fun show and I really enjoy it. Honestly the scene from the pilot (Martin Freeman's character being bullied) that they tore to shreds on HH is genuinely terrible and when I saw it I was worried the show was going to suck, but there is nothing else in any episode after the pilot that is anywhere near that bad IMO.

Yeah, it's Freeman's scene immediately following that one that sold me on the show. And then the one after that :stare: