Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Don't remember if it was in here or in the CBB thread where people where talking about the Dead Authors podcast, but I like Jon Hodgman so I started with that one and thought it was pretty good! Then I started listening to the Roald Dahl episode and turned it off after maybe 2 minutes. I like Ben Schwartz but that was just awful.

Are most episodes like the Hodgman one where they actually make an effort to act like their character? Or more like the Schartz episode where he's just being more or less himself? I'm sure some authors are easier than others I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Is that with Andy Daly? I just listened to the L. Ron Hubbard episode of the ADPPP and it was pretty awesome

Tavarin posted:

The Roald Dahl episode has one of the greatest moments in the history of the podcast.

Yeah, I remember reading that around here somewhere which was why I took a chance on it, but I couldn't get past "Where my bitches at!!!??"

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh I will for sure, would just like to avoid any bad ones if possible. I'm sure my tastes are different than some people though, so if there are some that are more similar to the Rand episode than the Dahl one that's what I'm looking for. To be honest though, I'm starting to run out of time. I mostly just listen in my car but my commute is only 10 minutes so CBB and ADPPP usually get me through the week unless I have a bunch of errands to run or something.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Listened to Sinbad and Dave Thomas episodes of HH over the last couple of days and they were awesome. Thanks for alerting me to the podcast. Are there any more all time great episodes I should check out? I've got the comic Con one downloaded but have been holding off listening to it until I have more context.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Stitcher had a pretty major update on Android a little while ago and it's much much better IMO. Navigating my saved episodes vs playlist to download new ones no longer exits the app and it's just generally easier to use. Haven't really tried searching for new stuff though, so no idea if that side of it is any better. Only thing that still really sucks is that it will pause playback randomly when it's connected to bluetooth in my car.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just sucks that Robbie sucks hard. I wish they gave him even a little bit of humility or just realize that he doesn't know gently caress-all about basketball. But instead nobody says poo poo about it and just treats it as any other pipe dream. Dude if you want to be a coach you better know at least a little bit about the sport. You don't have to be good at it you just need to understand it. Especially at that level. I get that the show is not really about that, but I feel like a tiny bit of development would have helped the show out a lot.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
NNF is still alright if there's a guest that works with the format. The Andy Daly episodes (like last week) are usually pretty decent. Funny that Feedmyleg mentioned him getting a game show because they occasionally talk about the one the did get that only lasted one season before it was torpedoed by a new dude in charge of programming for the channel. I almost always skip the chit chat at the beginning and skip ahead to whenever the guest arrives and even then only listen at all if it's a guest I know of and care about. So maybe once every month or two. And yeah, I was a regular listener pretty much until all the Hamilton bullshit too. Those couple of years were absolutely awful.

I'm always happy when John Hodgman shows up on CBB so looking forward to this listening to this ep. Always reminds me of listening to his audiobooks for "The Areas of My Expertise" and whatever the next one was (I forget the name at the moment). Those were fantastic!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Was there another episode of Bonanas for Bonanza last week? Stupid Stitcher app is still only showing the one from the 11th.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah I really like Mission to Zyxx! I know they've put out a couple one off things over the last few months but have they said when the next season is supposed to start?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Don't remember if I ever posted this here before, but here's the blanket my wife had made for me after we listened to The Travel Bug like 3 times in a row:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Does this mean Dalton can talk a little more about his monster hunting adventures?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
What Android app should I use to listen to stuff from CBB World? I've never subscribed to a Patreon before so I'm not super clear on how it all works.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Awesome, thanks! I'll probably try out all those options and see what I like best.

edit: holy poo poo there's a google podcasts app? And I've been loving around with Stitcher for however long? Goddamnit

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wasn't Bonanas For Bonanza supposed to be on CBBWorld this week? Or is it still on Earwolf/Stitcher or whatever?

edit: Nevermind, it's just listed under ADPPP instead of being it's own thing.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Why do a whole episode of Bonanas for Bonanza making fun of lovely accents and then not give us a clip of the accent they're making fun of?