Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i4h was great. it and the trilogy eps have demonstrated to me that besser should do episode long stories more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Matt besser is doing an AMA tomorrow, ask your questions now
https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/40k2a5/i_am_matt_besser_ama/

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cams posted:

hopefully they get jon stewart to sit in on the negotiations this time.

that was a weird get. i wonder how they know aasif mandvi?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cody gets two of these?!?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why does the 54 club exist? I can maybe understand people getting mystery boxes full of dollar store crap, but why would you want a mystery box of clothing?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

HorseRotorvator posted:

It's a riff on Kroll's El Chupacabra character. That's how he always announces the radio station in those bits, "El Gato PUNTO com!"

i just listened to the ep where he does the earwolf thing for the first time. its so weird hearing it in context, also he nailed it on the first try

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

So I listened to the first episode of Schmucks and it's pretty good. Steve made a genuine and very stupid mistake. A mistake that you can't just come out and say you were joking about later, so he went with it and just hoped no one cared enough to actually check it out. He's a lovely person for doing what he did, but he's so genuinely sorry about it, that you can't really hate him.

I listened to the 2nd episode, and Nicole Arbour is the worst human being alive. She's just truly terrible in every single way. Regina George in real life. The interviewer acknowledges in the beginning that she was mad at herself afterwards because she really kisses Arbours rear end. I bet she'd like a do over on that one.

Martin Shkreli is the 3rd episode and i'm not sure I can listen. You just know he doesn't care how hated he is.

this show is pretty crazy with its guests. some guy who lies about being in a tragedy, then some lady who insults fat people and beats her boyfriend, then some guy who makes life saving medicine unaffordable. i hear next week's guest is going to be henry kissinger

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ike barenholtz is a lot funnier than those lovely parody movies led me to believe

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nice try engineer ryan

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The Senator Giroux posted:

It's Howl/Stitcher rather than purely Earwolf, but Big Grande's Teachers Lounge just dropped season 2.

I don't remember anyone talking about the show or it even being promoted on Earwolf, but I downloaded it for a long trip just on faith of Drew Tarver and Dan Lippert, and I don't think I've laughed as much at anything in a long time. In my book, it gives Andy Daly's Pilot Podcast Project a run for its money.

i dont know, it felt like they just kept trying to push each other into more and more crazier poo poo which is fine. but then the next episode they recap it all and then add more, then do it again, and again, and again

maybe dont binge it like i did and listen once a week or something

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

There's another ep on howl. It's a live one with kumail

http://howl.fm/audio/46671/hollywood-handbook

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Like I can download new stuff without being a howl member?

Yes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Follow up... how does it work?

right click the page of your ep, click inspect source. search for the mp3 link, copy and paste that link into your browser

or, right click play button, inspect element. the mp3 link should be there too

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Black List drinking game:
- take a drink every time you see the words "A hitman/assassin" or "A true story"
- take a drink every time the synopsis highlights a locked-room thriller/emphasizes how few characters there are in the script
- take two drinks every time the script is about a famous person
- take three drinks if that famous person is a Hollywood star
- finish your drink, open another one, and finish that one when you come across a second script about the exact same showbiz story/celebrity in the same list. This will happen EVERY YEAR.
- drink everything at hand when you read a synopsis as spectacularly stupid as "A man goes to space to destroy the ship that, upon becoming sentient, killed his wife."

why are you trying to kill me

also the i4h was fuckin hilarious, i was in tears at the 2 job interviewers

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Man that final scene between bang and Brett while the music starts was inspiring

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

Besser hasn't had a Case Closed for a while (except for a pseudo-one about something...the episodes all kind of blend together.) For someone who shares his politics it was just bad Crossballs, which didn't work in the first place.

crossballs was funny, but i just felt bad for some of the real panelists

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

will hines is doin an ama right now if you want to ask him questions

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/6nvmng/im_will_hines_a_human_being_who_has_been_on/

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

if we're talkin bout how we hate podcasts, im gonna say it
90% of all live hdtgm eps suck. gently caress the live audiences

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

that musical thing sounds annoying to me and i shant be listening

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tatumje posted:

Kulap’s story is depressing with her biological parents both turning out to be complete shitheels. I’m not sure if there is a coherent documentary that could even be pieced together from what they apparently shot.

Edit:
Breaking news! The podcast that was teased by Colin on Hollywood Handbook has been announced. It is a currently untitled podcast with Scottie Auks, PFT, and Lauren Lapkus. I don’t know if there will be a set topic or theme, but it sure sounds exciting. It should help ease those UTU2TM cravings.

what a terrible decision to release info at comiccon, everyone knows the real scoop troop is listenin to the 'book

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H4oCsCuKPE

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Hollywood Masterclass doesn't really work for me. Ben Rodgers doesn't really seem like the right sort of fit to me; all his responses are just "I'm not sure about that..." and it doesn't give Sean enough to bounce off of. Someone like Eugene Cordero playing an unconfident or low status version of himself feels like a better fit.

hes a really serious straight man. probably the best eps was when sean made him line read

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow I'll be sure to check out this show, sounds like the boys are really punching up here.

lmao

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tarranon posted:

So I forgot to turn off my stitcher sub before it charged my card and I thought well might as well check out some of my old favorite CBBs. I do not know if I'm missing something but its search function is beyond worthless. I couldn't search by guest name within the show. I couldn't search by the actual episode name. I feel like I'm gonna ask for my darn bucks back

its so loving garbage its insane

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I have stitcher for the year and it's easier just to pirate everything

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I am holding Chris get hard personally responsible for this debacle

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Monday Bandele posted:

It amazes me that Iliza was the only one of about 100 comedian guests who couldn't figure out what the joke was. And now she has Netflix specials.

She clued in at the end though

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

welp good final ep of the boys

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I refuse to believe the show is over.

It all depends on how strong Sean's oak bond is

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

Is HH worth listening to all the way through or should I start somewhere specific?

I start people with the first Adam pally ep, he's a great guest

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

they straight up said they're going on for at least another year

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

did they release the howl ep of hollywood handbook to lure people into a false sense of security or to assuage fears of it actually ending?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tarranon posted:

his first ep was so eh and his second was so good

The do other people's shows in front of them saga is really funny

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

There's a "Listen Later" thing that I think downloads locally, but ya, it's trash. I tried to find all the Scharpling Hollywood Handbooks the other day for a relisten, had to cross reference dates from the Earwolf site because I couldn't do (like you could in howl) "show me all the appearances of this dude" or even reliably search his name.

what you dont memorize every episode name (not the number, they dont have numbers) and then scrolling through hundreds of eps to find the one that you like?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mennoknight posted:

Rss and 3rd party podcast addict app is my solution to this.

How do you get the rss feeds

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i liked it but it probably would have been better with a couple more people talking

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

It's always seemed weird that the Harvard thing has such a presence in comedy. I know it's purely about rich-guy connections but on its face it looks like you need an Ivy degree to write dick jokes for terrible sitcoms.

i blame the simpsons and snl

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's impossible to know without seeing both of their bank balances & photos of their homes and wives. But heres what we do know: they're both doing worse than UCB & Harvard Alum BJ Novak, going to show that while the jury is still out on which is better, true success in comedy requires both.

No way, Conan is rich af and he's just a Harvard guy. Hayes just didn't hang out with the right crew to get on that Simpsons gig, he was on family guy instead

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I haven't listened to Raised by TV yet, but the shining star of UTU2TM is, was, and forever shall be Oliver Subpodcasts.

i dont mean to blue turtle over here, but i just gave jerry ferrara a blowjob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

25 bucks plus shipping for a t-shirt? I love you and I'm in love with you, but not that much