Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

There were a lot more people who were perhaps unfairly critical of the show early on in the CBB thread's lifespan but I think most of those people figured out the show wasn't for them or don't feel like posting in the thread anymore. Now it's pretty positive of the show. Not that there isn't criticism or the occasional episode we dislike it's just mostly - I think anyway - fair criticism.

Yeah this is true. I've only recently started checking out these podcast threads and in the early pages of the CBB thread there's a lot of 'it was ok until some guy showed up doing a silly character' comments. As Conduit for Sale said, those people were weeded out as they realised the show just wasn't for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

jyrka posted:

Exactly. This is a safe space.
This is true. Feel free to #soundoff.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I barely know anything about D&D and just listened to the first episode of Nerd Poker with no expectations of enjoying it. It was loving great.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

Who was the terrible guest scott mentioned on Kevin Pollack? Pretty please Jeff, I need to know.
I asked this question in the CBB thread. A few people have offered suggestions.

Edit: Sorry, just realised you are one of those people. Carry on.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Paul Rust's style of humour is so loving silly and I love it a lot.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Greggy posted:

There was one point during the Best Of shows where it seemed like Scott almost slipped up and said something about it, but maybe I was just hearing what I wanted to hear.

No I noticed that too. It sounded like he was about to proclaim something about the future of the TV show, then changed his mind and quickly moved on.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

It's why I love the guy, he always picks up on minor irregularities and rubs people's faces in it.
I also love how much joy Besser gets from making Ben Schwartz play out confrontational scenarios whenever he's on.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

Anyone still not listening to Reality Show Show is a drat fool.

Their latest episode is hilarious. It has the easy playful camaraderie between the hosts that the show seems to excel at--it's got like a goofier, nerdier Uhh Yeah Dude vibe--and their riff on The Bachelor contestants is hilarious.

Alright, I think I have to finally cave and give this a listen. I was unsure of it because I don't watch any reality TV, but the response in this thread has been ridiculously positive.

Edit: Should I just start at the beginning or cherry pick some episodes?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere and I missed it, but are the CBB episodes on VPN entirely new episodes specifically recorded for VPN and won't be released as audio-only podcasts? Or have they been recording video of recent podcast episodes and they're airing those on VPN?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Matt Besser's 'guy yelling from an audience/crowd' voice is so loving hilarious to me every time.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

SKULE123 posted:

drat, and we never figured out if this was going to be audioed for posterity? Then again, I can't see it not showing up in the Earwolf Store, at the very least, and that fits how they've rolled in similar situations.

Hopefully Jeff clears this up next time he stops by the thread. International time zones make it difficult for me to watch these shows on VPN as scheduled. I'd love to be able to access them later, whether it be on youtube, Earwolf store or audio only on the podcast feed.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I believe they'll definitely be archived on the YouTube channel. At least that's the indication I got from the Earworf Twitter feed.

Oh that's cool then.

By the way, thanks thread for relentlessly plugging the Reality Show Show. I've listened to the first 4 eps and I love it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

What the actual gently caress Jeff Ulrich. Reupload the episodes to Earwolf already! I can understand why you'd switch it around like this, but no man should have to endure the terror I was subjected to.

According to Scott on Twitter, they were taken down so the sound could be fixed up. Should be back up soon.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

If you were a fan of Love, Dad (R.I.P.)

Oh did that end? I listened to the first few eps then it kinda fell off my radar when I temporarily had less podcasting time. I really enjoyed what I heard and I was planning to come back to it :(

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's fantastic, but the best thing this week wasn't anything Hayes or Sean said, but the fact that The Bachelor put a one-armed woman in roller-skates.

Also, their choice of late 90s one-hit wonders was so spot on for me it was unbelievable.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Analyse Fish Part 2 just dropped.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Scoobi posted:

Baked Potata!

This guy knows what's up.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

davidHalestorm posted:

Kevin Dorff made a dark as hell joke about Sandy Hook near the beginning there.
Yeah that was weird. Nobody else wanted to get on board at all.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

It was still pretty funny, all things considered.

Oh he totally brought it around when he finished his thought. He just let it linger for an uncomfortably long time before he made his point.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

GraPar posted:

their impressions of Kevin Spacey's dodgy Georgia accent.
This was so goddamn hilarious.

I was planning to watch House of Cards but I hadn't gotten around to it yet. I did not know that Kevin Spacey addresses the camera/has an accent. After this RSS episode there is absolutely no way I'll be able to take it seriously.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
So according to the thing that just came up on the Earwolf Presents podcast feed, the Kevin Pollak Chat Show is joining Earwolf.

Good for them. I check in on that show when they have a guest I'm interested in and I really enjoy it. I felt kinda bad for them when their attempt at shifting to a subscriber system tanked.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It has been free for a long time. They tried a subscription model a while ago but it tanked. Hard.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

You're doing good work. Keep it up!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

GraPar posted:

But seriously, like 90% of CBB episodes are pure gold and the rest are at least OK.
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it. The worst episodes are still a C- and most of them are B+ or higher.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Trujillo posted:

Even worse. It's an old samsung eternity that I managed to walk into Lake Michigan with it still in my pocket :downs:

Was it in the pocket of your heavy coat? And had you just failed a campaign to become the honorary Mayor of Hollywood?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
If you haven't checked out The Reality SHOW Show yet, please listen to the first ~20 mins of this week's episode. If you don't enjoy the Vine and Plain White Tees riffs, then you don't have a soul. I was listening in the car on the way home from work and laughing like a loving idiot.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I love Sean reading the ads in the most ridiculous voice imaginable while Hayes plays it totally straight.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah that's what I assumed.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It made me laugh that on the show this guy was initially arguing that Jason Collins "wasn't as much of a hero as Jackie Robinson" but was conceding that he is a brave man, then Besser reads one of the tweets where this guy flat-out calls Collins a coward.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
'Case Closed with Matt Besser' should just be a completely separate 20 minute podcast.

Edit: Oh! And I forgot how loving great it was when the guy said he'd love to come back on the show and talk sports. No self-awareness whatsoever.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 10, 2013

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Max22 posted:

Now I'm gonna be pissed at you when it doesn't happen :mad:

Yep, you've gone and put this in my head and I can't get it out.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Maerlyn posted:

Amy Poehler was on I4H this week, haven't listened yet but can't help but wonder if there's any "we used to date" awkwardness between her and Besser.

Considering that they've worked together pretty regularly over the last couple of decades and the fact that they've both been married for a long time, I don't think they're still going to be awkward about when they dated in 1999 or whatever.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

I have some good/bad news to share with you about the state of Amy's marriage.

Haha just googled it. I am way out of the loop on this one. Nick Kroll? Holy poo poo.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Daly and Besser reading the Twitter slapfight between Michael Ian Black and Marc Maron was pretty great.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Nice. Bonus live CBB ep and a great I4H lineup (Walsh, Rust and Gemberling).

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Al! posted:

It was more about the guest being ignorant as hell and talking about how people in Chicago and Arkansas and Detroit (!?) don't know any black people so therefore it's ok that LA comedy writers write racist jokes because they're just playing to a bad audience, but they're good people because they're middle class enlightened liberals, they can't be racist.

Yeah that's what bugged me about it. I laughed when Matt Walsh pointed out how crazy it was that she was happy to declare entire cities and states as being full of racist people who want to hear racist jokes on TV, but was very careful to not denigrate LA writers who write the lazy jokes based on racist stereotypes because they don't have a choice and are 'some of the coolest people I know'.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Found this post from a few weeks ago on the Earwolf forum about the VPN schedule:

Looks like there might not be one tonight? I checked the Twitter accounts of a bunch of Earwolf people and no one's said anything about a live show tonight.

The lack of CBB on that schedule is disappointing.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Greggy posted:

pick up the pizzas right off the back.

So goddamn happy to have this show back. I hope they never leave me again.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Trujillo posted:

The live one tonight is I4H, watch is so the show doesn't get cancelled!

All of this I4H being cancelled talk came from this post, which I'm pretty sure was just a joke. Pump the brakes, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The analysis of the 'Tom Petty beard falling off' scene at the end of the I4H best of episode was amazing.