Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
So I tried out Google after hearing about it on CBB, and it's actually pretty good. The site design could use a little more effort, but it's actually a fast and easy way to bing things. You can even bing pictures! Plus it supports the show; I would recommend it for any Earwolf fan.

I'm gonna give stamps.com a try too next time I need to FedEx a package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
There's a bonus episode that's a ton of cut scenes, all of them about making fun of eric the intern. It's pretty great.

Zsinjeh posted:

Okeydokey. Should pot be legalized, why or why not?

Uhh, can I use my why not on this one?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

jeffullrich posted:

So I have an honest question for whoever wants to chime in...I signed up for an account because there seem to be passionate Earwolf listeners here and I thought I could contribute. But...I don't really understand the culture and don't want to be where I don't belong. I also don't want to show up and take over the whole thing. But I don't want to ignore questions I could answer. So, the question is, am I useful to this thread or should I go away and stick to our own forums and leave this for you guys? Thanks for the help.

Lots of people with games or comics or podcasts or whatever come here, just don't be a huge shill who only comes here to repost press releases and stuff. The only other big thing is to try not to take the Lord's name in vain. The mods are pretty forgiving about that though, they know we all stumble now and again. Oh and make sure not to vote until the floor is closed.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

Would love if Eric got an account here as well, I'd love to see a writeup on how he actually got where he is. He just casually mentioned once that he was from Alaska or Washington originally, signed up for an Improv sketch intern (despite only watching "that one show") and now he's a genius programmer for a facial regocnition software?
I mean, what?!

Yea something like that. He's far from a comedy fanboy or anything, he only found out about the internship from a friend who hung out on the Earwolf forums and saw a posting.

They do a hilarious bit on that in the all-Eric I4H episode. Eric as an apathetic confused stoner who becomes president after his buddy tells him to check it out.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Analytic Engine posted:

If you want interesting & relevant Earwolf-related comedy discussion then read this:
http://nymag.com/arts/comics/features/upright-citizens-brigade-2011-10/#print

Thanks for this!

Brett Gelman posted:

It was Valentine’s Day 2004, and I had just broken up with my girlfriend, so I was pretty angry. Somebody came on the mike and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, September 10, 2001.” And the spotlight comes up and “The Candy Man” starts playing, and I come out naked in tap shoes and blackface, dancing horribly. Then all of a sudden, the lights turn red, and [the German industrial band] Rammstein comes on, and I look at the audience and I go, “Tomorrow, a terrible tragedy will happen that will kill thousands of people. America will become a cage of fear. What are you going to do when fascism takes over?” And I started goose-stepping around the stage. Then, after about a minute of that, “The Candy Man” comes back on, and I finish up the tap dance. And I received a standing ovation.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
His "have a summah" bit was pretty funny but it's been pretty thoroughly beaten into the ground at this point.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

barkingclam posted:

Is there a good place to start with Improv 4 Humans? I've been meaning to give that a shot, since a bunch of people I like on Comedy Bang Bang are on it, but with so many past episodes it's a bit daunting.

Pick ones with people you like from CBB; Andy Daly, Seth Morris, and Lennon Parham have great appearances. Or just listen to the latest one it's pretty funny.

It doesn't really matter where you start though. There's no callbacks or running jokes at all, and it's the most consistently good podcast I've listened to. Except for Besser's unironic gun control debate with some random dude from twitter, you can skip that episode.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
The latest episode of Rafflecast is pretty funny. 7 minutes of Jon Daly impersonating a college-radio DJ and making up funny song names. If you're a fan of Bob Ducca's lists you should check it out.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
The show is still great. I've been listening since the Indie 103 days and there's always been the occasional mediocre episode. My only complaint is that Scott's a big TV star now and doesn't have the time to write stuff for his "games" anymore. I miss Who Said It and Hollywood Facts and Alive Or Dead. There's no more Entourage Recap either but the show ended so that one's not his fault.

Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh OH YEAH!!!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

UP AND ADAM posted:

I think Ronna & Beverly is really funny. They're really good at their personas. Watch some of their stuff on youtube and give them a chance!

It's a great show, but not something I could listen to every week and definitely not everyone's cup of tea. They're super talented in how well they sell their characters as real people and commit to them 100%. I feel like I know exactly what it would be like if I had Jewish aunts (but it's for everybody!)

If you wanna try and get into it the episodes with Marc Maron/Scott Auckerman/Paul F. Tompkins/Paul Gilmartin are good starting points. They're at their best when they start grilling men about marriages and relationships.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

This just popped up on the Earwolf page on Facebook about an upcoming Jake Fogelnest episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QKa1cx9_4
I'm not as well versed in musical comedy of America, who does that voice of the, I'm presuming, guest belong to?
Unless he actually has Daft Punk as a guest.

Yea, it's Tommy Chong, the record scratch and quote are from "Earache My Eye". The skit is sampled in a few rap songs, but the record in the video is the original Cheech & Chong album it's from.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Arscheerio Paul

Oh wow, that is brilliant.

I looked up the actual interview, and it really is almost an exact recreation. It's a few parts of the interview done word-for-word, except cutting out a line or two. The only thing they added was slipping "Drinkin's not my thing, I'm a sex addict. I'm addicted to sexual lisasons." into the middle of one of Clinton's responses.

I was pretty young at the time so I missed when this event was a big deal, but holy poo poo is Bill Clinton charismatic. The conversation sounds insane when taken out of context, but Clinton comes off as 100% genuine and down to earth. No wonder he got away with being such a horndog.

Here's the pot smoking conversation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR98f6O6eeY&t=102s

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 25, 2013

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I am a fly girl.

Alas, I am changing like a butterfly going through that one process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

soggybagel posted:

Not having access to the DVD's right now but I can't remember if they said on a commentary that kind of having the entire UCB through plot through episodes was a network note or their idea. I think it was actually a network note. By season 3 they kind of ditched the "we're people who go undercover/disguise to gently caress up humanity" right?

Yea by the end it would only use the UCB team in scene transitions, like showing them watching on a monitor or something.