Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's kind of like what they did a year ago when they added Shots Fired (rap), Startup School (start-ups), ShortWave Radio (music interviews) and other non-comedy podcasts that eventually died or moved to another network. But it definitely looks a lot more profesh. First big move of the Adam Sachs regime.

That was over two years ago, times flies. Yes, similar, but definitely more focused and with a more consistent aesthetic. We are better prepared to execute on this properly, versus what happened a few years ago.

Definitely a big move by Adam! He, Gourley and Scheer recorded a special ep of The Wolf Den today and it's being released in about a half hour. Explains the whole thing. Best episode of TWD, ever, IMHO. I'll post a link later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Adam, if there ever was a time to return and answer some questions, today is the day. Not like you're super busy or anything doubling your business.

Splitsider said Paul Scheer is running this new offshoot. I'm curious if he now owns some of the company. He has enough money from being on successful sitcoms, creating his own shows, numerous acting gigs, and June's own very successful career in acting and selling shows to buy a stake.

Since Adam is sleeping after his all-nighter, I'll help. Paul is curating, rather than running, Wolfpop. Adam and the rest of the team are running all the operations and Paul is leading the creative charge with Gourley as the developer and Adam also part of the creative team.

I won't discuss Paul's compensation, that's his business to share or not, but I will say that he has not bought a stake in the company. We haven't sold any shares since starting the company.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

GraPar posted:

Very excited about Wolfpop. I'd never heard of Happy Sad Confused or its host before, but its list of previous guests is ridiculously good. Woody Allen!

Thanks for being excited! And yes, Woody Allen!

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

cams posted:

Holy poo poo, I am really loving blown away by the Wolfpop launch. There are at least 3 podcasts that are automatic subscriptions for me even before listening to the first episode (and even now that I've listened to the first episodes, I'm affirmed in my convictions) and I don't think there's a podcast they're launching that I'm not going to at least give a chance. Great job to the Earwolf empire and Paul Scheer for making this happen.

Maltin on Movies is my favorite right off the bat and holy poo poo am I going to enjoy this podcast.

This makes me very happy. Thanks for sharing. I'm listening to Maltin right now for the first time! I'm now on my 5th Wolfpop show of the day...

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks Cams. Yes, I very much want it to make people happy, thanks for the kind words.

Here is the link to The Wolf Den I mentioned above.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/wolfpop-curator-paul-scheer-podcast-developer-matt-gourley/