Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When Love in the Club started playing I just could not stop laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JethroMcB posted:

The Porta-Potty Sushi bit on I4H this week is definitely the classiest, least offensive improv I have heard in ages. I felt bad for laughing as hard as I did.

"I mean, I ordered Yellowtail..." Besser's "holy poo poo" said it all.

I lost my composure when sonic cam in and regained it right before that line, which immediately broke me down again. Hilarious stuff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love Matt's hate for Who's Line's format because I felt like I was the only person in the internet who thought that poo poo wasn't fun.

Its starting to rub off on me, I still like Whose Line but now I just see how they are just constantly using their bag of tricks and it pains me. Short form can still be fun but Whose Line takes no risks and really is the same thing again and again.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Finally my favorite podcast guest on my favorite podcast.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
How could Auckerman afford those 2000 dollar sunglasses he broke if he wasn't a multimillionaire, hmm?! Hmm!? HRRMPH!?!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You can't fake that bad of a laugh.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Even if that is true, why would that be a bad thing?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That whole segment had me squirming. You know that voice people use when they talk over each other? The guest talked like that nonstop.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I really would like that Improv4humans special Garbrus suggested

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
On this week's Improv4humans machines pass the tuning test by tricking Matt Besser into thinking a conversation was scripted by humans.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love Ben just reveling in the fact that he gets to be an eyewitness to all of this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The I4H episode is a podcast magnum opus

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The timing of the I4H episode is pretty great in that it came out right after the Matt Besser kills his fans episode.

Evil Matt Besser should be a CBB character.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Fuuuuuuck no :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I really want the Too Soon app from this Improv4humans

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am not a fan, but I am pretty sure Kitty is relevant enough for Who Charted

Fiendly posted:

And they had a PUA on Professor Blastoff. Maybe Earwolf is celebrating April Fools all month.

Somehow this might not be the worst guest they have ever had though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i love besser because i have a really similar humor to him and type of personality but i can't not stand these milk opinons of his

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Besser brings back Crossballs just to debate this one topic

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like the music episodes on I4H but I have the creeping feeling Besser is just starting to invite people whose songs he wants to know what the lyrics are about.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
And he is good at "editing" scenes, even if he can cut a bit too early sometimes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SpacePig posted:

What episode of Improv 4 Humans was it where there was a skit about driving to a guy's house to give him the finger? I could've sworn it was the 420 eipsode, but I just listened to it, and it wasn't in there.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/their-name-is-korn/
One of my favorites. Proves musical episodes can be as good as the rest.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So what you are saying is that if I ever get around to writing my Grosse Pointe Blank inspired script, Ghost Pointe Blank (he is a ghost hunter instead of a hitman!) that there is a very likely chance it can get on the Blacklist?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't see why we need to compete, we could crossover my ghost hunter character with your ghost characters.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wish they could pull off this many "cut to"s while not high on I4H.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, my favorite episode in a long time. Though it was depressing to hear Besser say that intro questions and one word suggestions was the "old school" way.

I'm all for him letting the show evolve from beyond its ASSSSCAT roots, but having half the show be non comedic content isn't the right way to evolve, whether that's music or a case closed or an interview or a rant. I'll continue liking the show as long as they do good improv, but it's the only show that makes me consistently mash down my skip forward 60 seconds button.

Also, it's been way too long since Ben Schwartz was on. I need more Will Hines in my ears, too.

This year had comedic evolving contents in there as well. There was the trilogy thing and the whiplash episode.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Neil Flynn not realizing Besser was starting a improv scene in this weeks I4H is pretty good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Listen to this episode of I4H if you want to hear old people ask and discuss what shipping is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look man, that guy can levitate.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I really don't understand Besser's obsession with Trumpet Guy, besides being in a youtube video he is a pretty typical hippie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I went on his website and there is a miracle puppy named Daniel.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah this case closed worked because it was improv guys talking about improv (well kinda, the community for sure). I mean if you don't like case close because it takes time away from the scenes, this won't fix that, but I always enjoy I4H when they have discussions about improv itself.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I dislike it when this thread shits on Matt, because while I do recognize his faults and they are legitimate, my personality and sense of humor is very similar to his so I feel like you guys are picking on me :smith:

(i am not nearly that debate-y though)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like the Bachelor Pad 3 bit the best. It somehow perfectly blends NPR parody, Benghazi, and the greatest moment in television history ever.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i want to marry sean

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zsinjeh posted:

RSS was funny because reality tv is loving dumb and weird. If you hate reality tv RSS was the best podcast.

but i love reality tv and i think its the best podcast

i think... maybe its just best podcast

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Everything involving Engineer Brett in the I4H christmas carol is amazing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hey Earwolf guys, I love this thread and I just wanted to share my new podcast, its a musical rap podcast about the life and times of James K Polk and I think you will all lov-

oh...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I haven't had a problem with artifacts or stutters with Seeso, but I haven't used it too much. I am liking it a lot though since it has Dark Place, the greatest tv show.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Is the UCB show going to have any improv? I heard its sketch and stand up, no mention of improv though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think he should start doing the other genres he likes. The lyrics thing makes sense but doesn't he usually print them out anyway? Also they could still improv based off of what inspire the song instead of the lyrics which is what happens half of the time anyway.