Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I already got a buddy into How Did This Get Made, but I'm also trying to get him to watch Birdemic, and I really don't know if he should watch it before he listens to the Birdemic episode or after. I'm leaning towards listening to the podcast first because hearing them trash it just makes me want to watch it again anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Teenage Fansub posted:

He has to see it cold.
Make it a virginal experience for him.
Be there as moral support though, and make super you're both tanked.

With the podcast after, you're one of them, picturing the scenes instead of pre-empting every notable thing.

The experience of watching a bad movie should rest on the movie. All the throwing spoons and poo poo for The Room is so lame and I'm glad I got to see it when the movie still had the chance to be beguiling and mysterious.

Thanks for reminding me I still haven't seen The Room.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Politicalrancor posted:

Ohhhh I think you mean twitter user @fart.

I've listened to it like three times, I loving love Danzig Reads Books and that Buddy Rich clip.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Am I to believe that on any given week I am just $100 away from Kulap saying my name at the end of Who Charted

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Max22 posted:

Comedians used to hate airplanes. Now they hate the post office.

New No-No: airplanes are the post office now

I like it. New No-No: put down that mail and fly this plane!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

$13 well spent on some Kulap knee-highs as a late Xmas present for the gf. They came in my favorite colors, too, too bad my big dumb sasquatch feet would break them.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

quote:

Jake Fogelnest ‏@jakefogelnest

@NewCardSmell Dave, you get to Los Angeles, we will do an episode of the podcast together.

:stare:

:psypop:

Okay, so: I'm as poor as poor can be. So, I obviously sell off my family heirlooms to raise the money for airfare/hotel to do this (and make it work so I can also go see a Doug Loves Movies taping) right? Cause if I don't, the rest of my life is pretty much meaningless, right?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

"Podcast listeners are sticky."

It's like you know me.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

For the record, that special ep of I4H isn't a response to a listener, or some random Matt decided needed a dressing-down, it's a direct response to the shitfit had by Kurt Metzger.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm just conflicted because I love UCB and what they provide for entertainment creators, but I also know one of the owners of the comedy club(The Stand) where that show moved to, so I'd really just like for everybody to get along (in a world where stand-up and improv audiences co-exist)

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Zsinjeh posted:

Did the Fogelnest Files pick up speed after the first couple of episodes?

Episode 3 has a goon!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I would also def say to give them a listen. Episode 3 also has Adam Scott guesting. I was pretty high when I listened to 3 and Scott/Adam's reaction to "ganja gooballs" made me laugh so hard I pulled a hamstring.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

For all you people saying he has no radio voice he sure as poo poo has had a job in radio for a long rear end time.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Zsinjeh posted:

This just popped up on the Earwolf page on Facebook about an upcoming Jake Fogelnest episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QKa1cx9_4
I'm not as well versed in musical comedy of America, who does that voice of the, I'm presuming, guest belong to?
Unless he actually has Daft Punk as a guest.

I think that was Tommy Chong, but Jake is doing the Live Show soon and he said his guests are Howard and Kulap.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Deadpool posted:

On HDTGM June not understanding what the gently caress street fighting is in relation to the game and movie is hilarious. This episode is great.

oh poo poo I was busy with my own poo poo and forgot that I am awake at 3am EST when a new HDTGM drops, time to listen to STREET FIGHTER, BTICHES!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yeah, I remember when Jeff Ulrich was in this thread talking about advertisers, and I filled out those surveys when the Earwolf shows were pimping them, and I really am having trouble understanding these loving phone service ads. Everyone already has a cell phone provider, nobody is leaving Verizon for some phone company they've never heard of. Nobody is even leaving AT&T, and AT&T is terrible. The only people who are dumb enough to buy into this probably prefer daytime TV garbage to podcasts. The target audience is people who buy poo poo like MagicJack.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

piratepilates posted:

God I hope Space Jam wins, I can't wait for two hours of them discussing how amazing the movie is and then half an hour of them singing and dancing to the theme song for the movie.

Seriously the song is already in my head just from reading Space Jam.

The only reason I would ever want The Happening to win is because they could get PFT to be Werner Herzog as the guest.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I listened to the first three episodes of Nerd Poker and decided I was going to save the rest of the series for a cross-country drive.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

According to Jake, one of the videos @Fart picked out for tonight's live Fogelnest Files recording made an audience member vomit.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Help Im Alive posted:

Found this post from a few weeks ago on the Earwolf forum about the VPN schedule:

Looks like there might not be one tonight? I checked the Twitter accounts of a bunch of Earwolf people and no one's said anything about a live show tonight.

Nah nobody wants to do anything but drink and eat today. I know people who will work on Thanksgiving or Christmas like it's a normal day but come July 4th they're ghosts.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I've become ridiculously addicted to Ronna & Beverly in the past week. I've always had a soft spot for borscht belt/Catskills/"Jewish" humor that I can't explain(I'm born and raised in dipshit south central/eastern Kentucky) and I'm loving in love with this podcast. It is the tits, y'all.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's good to know there's a space cadet to take Howard's place in case 46-year-old comedy rappers become The Next Big Thing

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That was a hilarious show and if you think Gemberling is "really into bestiality" then you are a dumb dipshit goon.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

moot the hopple posted:

I don't know about that because I definitely sided with Besser during the "feud". The woman on YITR was making a ludicrously indefensible and simply inaccurate point that broad racist comedy is somehow acceptable because the audience they are writing for are all-white and small-minded simply because they are from a certain region. Besser's main issue was that she was comfortably painting a whole swatch of people in a certain way while Ti, as the host of a podcast dealing with prejudice, simply let all that generalization slide.

Yeah, she literally said "Chicago, Detroit, and Arkansas. Places where there aren't any black people."

If you don't think there are black people in Chicago or DETROIT you're not racist, you're a loving moron.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Zsinjeh posted:

:siren: Hollywood Handbook is out! :siren:
http://www.earwolf.com/show/hollywood-handbook/
Haven't listened yet but loved the preview!

This episode set the world record for background snorts. Also it looks like they are always in character now.

edit: both of these things are really funny

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Oh I meant to tell youse guys, anyone who outbids me on eBay for any of the Matt Besser cards when that set is released: I'm going to murder you and your whole family. All the cards are mine.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

jakefogelnest posted:

talk about my show more, it's very good, thank you

hey pal frum yoah lips ta God's eahs am i right

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

jakefogelnest posted:

yeah anyone saying unkind things about me is crusin' for a brusin' and that's a promise

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Punch Card posted:

Oh poo poo I'm about to press play on this new Andy Daly.

cool cool super stoked someone else is awake right now

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ArtVandelay posted:

So I think Wompler is dead now. She jumped out the window. Only Don can survive that :(

Pears are very bouncy.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If your podcast is only gonna be 4 minutes long just go ahead and tweet whether or not something is racist instead.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

urk the quack posted:

Bet it'd also make a shitload at the next Pardcast-a-thon/LA Food Bank thing/random charity event.

If Sean Sakimae doesn't win the eBay auction I'll be surprised.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hi folks SquirtTV stopped me from committing suicide as a teen(in the 90's when being a teen MEANT SOMETHING) so please stop giving Jack "Old Fogey" Nest a hard time or else.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Is Kremer still doing his "old man at the nightclub" thing 4 nights a week still

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

jakefogelnest posted:

I specifically asked Earwolf to block people outside of New York and Los Angeles from listening to my show. Can you please tell me which state you live in so I can troubleshoot this with Earwolf tech support? Thank you.

How come when this guy does it you guys get mad but when those HH fellas talk about those loving FLYOVER STATES you hooples just guffaw and slap your knee? Get your double standards straightened out.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

isnt that right posted:

that one is actually bad because he makes fun of my favorite twitter account, @tobykeithsweat

To be fair I follow that guy and he's a total boner

On that Pally episode when they asked him what he got his television commercial agent for Christmas I almost died

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jake got real busy with show business.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Also he lives in a toilet and the acoustics are terrible and you can't even fit a microphone in there. The good news is you can catch Toilet Jake on some brand new episodes of VH1's I Love The 2000's.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Just listen to the Todd Glass episode on repeat until he releases a new one. Or watch the Youtube of it if you can hide it from your boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Check out Sarah Silverman's Bedwetter book for a picture of Harris's cock with Chelsea's hairclip wrapped around it.