Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Drunkboxer posted:

The host of Yo is this Racist voice isn't really suited for radio, I don't think. It makes me want to not listen to him.

Never stopped howard kremer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Neither has not being funny.

This guy right here is a-ok with me

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I just can't believe that no one mentioned to the people in charge that maybe VPN isn't the best name for an Internet thing since those initials are taken

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I only ever listened to the Yo, Is This Racist episode with PFT because, well, PFT was on it, and they got to the topic of jimmies, the ice cream topping. The host summarily decided 'yeah, that has to be racist', even though the topic has been well documented and debunked.

I know its a comedy podcast and whatever but when the whole show is predicated on understanding nuance and being well informed and then they do neither of those things, I found that pretty irking

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

haha no it isn't

The show is predicated on everything being racist. Which it is most of the time. You may as well be complaining about characters on CBB not being well researched.

e: I don't know what Matt Besser said and I don't really care if this is accurate to his situation or not but a lot of people fall into the same trap of thinking someone telling them something they do is racist/sexist is the same as them telling them they are racist/sexist. It's not. Literally everybody does and says racist or sexist things occasionally. It's unavoidable. Everything we do is informed by our society's lovely views (past and present) on race and gender.

The difference between a good person and an idiot is when confronted with the idea that something they say/do being racist/sexist the idiot says "gently caress you I'm not racist/sexist therefore nothing I do/say could be racist or sexist." The good person say "Hmm, maybe that's true, I'll have to think about it. And if you're right I'll have to change that behavior." Not being racist/sexist is not a passive thing. You don't just decide "Well, I don't hate any races or genders, therefore I can do whatever I want without fear of it being racist or sexist." You have to actually think about the things you do and say. And sometimes the dumbest, smallest things can be wrong, and even though you may think they're harmless, viewed as part of a bigger picture they can be endemic of larger societal problems and be worth talking about.

I apologize for this dumb preachy tangent but it's something I've been thinking about lately.

it's dumb to declare something a slur when it is demonstrably not

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

barkingclam posted:

Speaking of shows that didn't come back, whatever happened to Gelmania?

Mike Detective :(

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

If Mike Detective came back it would be like a poorly written instruction manual for a seamstress: Sew Good

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The_Rob posted:

Wasn't it gawker who tried to stir poo poo up with Scott aukerman as well by saying he made a sexist tweet or some poo poo? Does someone at gawker just hate alternative comedy?

I think it was Buzzfeed, actually

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It's also produced by Matt Gourley from SuperEgo. Holy moly

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh my god

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

they're terrible businessmen

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

ugh just release the first episode when you announce a show this preview thing is annoying

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

In our amaaaaaaazing future...

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

Thanks. I was worried that I'd made a horrible mistake by avoiding Superego all this time, but that's definitely not my kind of show

you give me sufferrings. ohhhh

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I love aukerman's obsession with people being legally required to do things

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

I always feel icky after listening to a Don Dimello bit: I bailed out of this episode once they got to the part about getting women hooked on heroin.

they are actors playing characters

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I sort of disagree. I actually want them to legit talk about U2 as I like U2 as well.

Yeah it's good rock and roll

uh

music

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

how the hell have they still not released the hollywood bowl episode of analyze phish

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

hey jeff. earwolf makes me happy. it makes me extra happy that never not funny is part of earwolf too. anyway thanks for making good podcasts

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Beeez posted:

I think they should replace Andrew Ti with Yo-Yo Ma so they can cal it "Yo, Yo-Yo Ma, is this Racist?"

Get his mom to assess if toys are racist

Yo, Yo-Yo Ma's Mama, is this Yo-Yo Racist?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Topics to me is a less funny non snack related MATES. I thought their whole "study groups" riff was way too repetitive and went on too long every time I heard it

I miss MATES

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

jeff have you ever considered just having all the podcasts play simultaneously and only releasing that

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

a worthy uhh posted:

EVERYONE WHO DOESNT THINK THE CONCEPT OF REALITY SHOW SHOW IS AMAZING AND EVERY EPISODE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER IS A loving PLEBE

I think we can all agree that reality show show was, and in many ways still is, a podcast

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The Ape of Naples posted:

Spend a whole episode talking about the U2 spy plane. (Has this joke been made?)

What're you, blue turtling right now?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Analog posted:

I like Scott but I don't like Scott.

I'm the opposite

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

One of my favorite moments of busting out laffing is when Sheriff of Nottingham was on last years live CBB tour and shared a scene with Curiosity the rover, so good.

Wait, that was last-last years, drat time flies.

I was there for that! Man that was absurd.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

this gives me suffering

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Jeff you have done some amazing work and have created something that we all love dearly, but I'm concerned that without this income you'll have to change your name to Jeff Ullpoor!!!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Now it's more like The Fogelnest Fails :twisted:

there's no need for profanity

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

arsachs posted:

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I've been the COO of Midroll/Earwolf for nearly a year and more recently I've been handed the CEO baton by Jeff. You may have heard/read a bit about me if you're following Earwolf news.

Jeff and Scott have built an amazing company and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it. I can't tell you all how much it means to read posts saying that Earwolf brings joy to people's lives. For us, that's what it's really all about. That's what gets us excited to come to work everyday. I don't take that lightly and I've made it my mission to continue, and hopefully even expand upon that mission that Jeff and Scott created and followed. We do have a lot of exciting projects in the pipeline and our standards for quality are unwavering.

The frank discussion that exists on this forum is valuable to me and the rest of the management team. I'll be sure to check in frequently to make sure that we're doing enough to continue bringing you the joy and laughs you've come to expect.

And in the meantime, please feel free to reach me via email at adam [at] midroll [dot] com. I'd love to hear from you. Thanks so much for listening.

Best,
Adam

hey Yakety, just an idea but have you thought of doing what I'll call "reverse monetization", whereby you pay listeners to download and listen to Earwolf shows? It's probably prohibitively expensive for you guys to do it for everyone so you can just start with me. I'll PM you my paypal

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

i think it sounds like a decently interesting story actually

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

We can all agree Matt Mira is completely unfunny though, right? He seems like a sweet guy. Not funny in the least.

He does this thing on James Bonding that drives me nuts, where he'll make some dumb joke and immediately bury it by going UHHHHH anyway.

He's a riff killer extraordinaire.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Are there human beings out there whose eyes don't roll out of their skulls whenever they hear loot crate ads

the ads on never not funny are great because you can basically hear jimmy pardo's eyes rolling while he reads the copy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

The weather was like It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World, overcast.

I'm afraid I'm like someone who swallowed a hammer - too late

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

loving hell

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Piquai Souban posted:

Is it just me, or was Never Not Funny live-broadcasting them going over to ask the 7-11 if their sign was broken the least compelling thing they've done since the times they'd play a game where they tried to guess a number?

Andy Daly on NNF should be wall-to-wall amazing, just wondering if I was being a jerk about it or if anyone else wondered what they were listening to. I'd have changed it, but it was one of those situations where I set up the audio before starting to drive, and didn't have an opportunity to skip to a different podcast until it was over.

no I loved it, thought it was hilarious

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Sounds like a job for Elliot Hochberg and his fifty cameras

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

Also the iPhone podcast app suuuuuuuck holy poo poo. Randomly crashes and stops whenever it feels like? Yeah sure, why not, that's good design.

Downcast is one of the best app purchases I ever made; look into it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Slackerish posted:

I'm still rooting for the show a lot. The Tom Leykis episode alone is better than almost any CBB episode

Agreed, dear