Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Best Improv4Humans episode is the one with Adam McKay and Chris Gethard. That episode is just three dudes who are on loving point.

The arguing about Carmelo Anthony and all the callbacks to it were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Politicalrancor posted:

What the hell was besser talking about with Vince Carter? How could anyone think VC was anything other than surly.
His sweet dunks make me forget about him being a dick

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I saw The Room well after it became A Thing, but I went to the first theater showing at a college town, so most people went in blind. The theater also banned the dumb spoon throwing..

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

Did Scott write the ad spot for the Pepsi ad, by the way? He sure does like using the phrase "Ear-hole," even before those spots showed up.

Here's my evidence that he didn't write them: Scott Aukerman is a really funny guy, even in the commercial spots he records.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Scott has written for the MTV Movie Awards. He doesn't always put in the A+ effort.

Meester Wayne is one of the all time great award show banter jokes.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

It's kind of hard to judge after only an episode, but I loved Weiss and Nocando coming into it so Shots Fired will probably be fine.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

What episode was that?

There was an entire Tim Tebow bonus episode. It happened between Episodes 19 and 20.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Shots Fired is starting to hit its stride now. Anyone into rap at all should give it a try.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Glitterbomber posted:

Is it really good? I don't know much anything about it aside from one ad I heard that didn't get me super jazzed about it.

Yeah Weiss isn't very good at reading off the script but it's pretty informative and funny on the whole.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Hey Jeff get Satellite High on Shots Fired

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

barkingclam posted:

I only started on Improv4Humans a little while ago, but man, the live episode was great. My first exposure to Eric the intern, too. Is he always that awkward?

Listen to the last Best Of they did and listen to the segment of Eric interviewing people on Election Day.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

He sends out a tweet requesting words when he needs them.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

If you can't get on board with a guy showing Andy Kindler old clips of hack comics then I don't know what to yell you.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Rob Huebel and Adam Pally are on tonight's live I4H!!!

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

The best Fognelnest Files episode is the Andy Kindler one, because come on, he's showing Andy Kindler old hacky comics from the 80s.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I finally got around to watch the last video I4H, and Lapkus' reactions to DemoniousX were as good as advertised.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I feel like they've done it a few times, although mostly because someone didn't realize their scene spouse was trying to do a female voice.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do the business show, Shortwave, and that Har Mar Superstar show even still exist? Shots Fired is great though

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Politicalrancor posted:

Todd Glass excels on The Fogelnest Files

The best Fogelnest Files guest is Andy Kindler with Gary the Squirrel as a close second.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I lost it during this week's I4H when they roped that poor reporter guy from Time Out into a scene and made him do a excerpt from a one man show.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Making people afraid of using Skype or cell phones with bad receptions is what makes The Best Show work.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Skip ahead and listen to the Entourage Writers' Room episode.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Jake please have Vance on and talk about prog rock for an hour

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Did Shots Fired ever get advertisement that wasn't for the Earwolf store or subscribing to iTunes or whatver? A hip hop show seems pretty easy to find advertisers for.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

ElCondemn posted:

I can see why people don't like him, but I'm really digging @midnight. Watch it for the comedians, it's basically the same premise/show as Bunk, but it moves quicker and the bits are easier for the comedians to roll with.

I wish it were more of a panel style show, but I'll take what I can get. Maybe they could focus less on points and winning. I don't get why they eliminate funny comedians during the show, the best parts are when they're just riffing. I guess American TV networks just don't want that kind of programming.

American TV executives think Americans can't tolerate a British style panel show where there are no winners. I assume they think this for dumb reasons, like because the VH1 version of Never Mind The Buzzcocks failed.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Yes, why can't there be more panel shows where there are no winners like QI and Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Would I Lie to You? and Have I Got News for You. My favorite thing is that there are no winners. Only idiot Amerikkkans would demand that their quiz shows have winners and I'm glad the British haven't stooped to our abominably low level.

That's always been the stated reason, but I never bought into it. I mean Who's Line was a huge hit in America, no one cared about tangible points totals then. I think a couple of things flopped so executives took that as an indictment on all panel type shows.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Poopy Palpy posted:

Everything you hear on Hollywood Handbook is 100% true.

That part is true, which you would know if you subscribed to the Pro version, freeloader :rolleyes:

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Max22 posted:

Speaking of Comedy Central, any fans of Improv4Humans should really watch Key & Peele. I've thought for years that the sketches on that show often have a very UCBesque style (to the point that I suspect they're borne out of I4H-style improv sessions), and sure enough I just noticed Ian Roberts in the credits as head writer.

Not only is Ian Roberts the head writer, they have several former I4H guests on the staff, including Colton Dunn, Charlie Sanders, and Sean Conroy. That doesn't even get into the actors, but I definitely remember seeing Eugene Cordero playing a few bit parts.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Well I thought the first few episodes were up to the standards of the show, but here's maybe my favorite sketch they've done this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st21dIMaGMs

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Some people just like giving money to things they enjoy

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Beeez posted:

Speaking of, here's the Iron Man commercial they were talking about : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZSFTJODYKU

Crazy to see Sean before he was doing so many projects.

Whoa Kyle Mooney is in this

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I like the turn they've taken lately where they live with their parents and still get grounded.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Doing punch up for Teen Pope was pretty great

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

If anyone hasn't listened to Nine Sweaters, you really should check it out. It's one of the funniest comedy albums ever made.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Movie 43 is great because it's so many movies

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

If they're looking for anti-U2 viewpoints, please book Tom Scharpling.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I kind of wonder if they're just moving to a bigger office for their production company stuff, and are just going to do podcasts from there too.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

It won't happen but I really want Tom Scharpling on You Talkin U2 To Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Riptor posted:

how the hell have they still not released the hollywood bowl episode of analyze phish

I think Scott has said that he wants to be personally involved with the editing but hasn't had the time with the tv show being shot right now.