Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It might just be because of the first two guests, but that Har Mar Superstar show stinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mob posted:

I already got a buddy into How Did This Get Made, but I'm also trying to get him to watch Birdemic, and I really don't know if he should watch it before he listens to the Birdemic episode or after. I'm leaning towards listening to the podcast first because hearing them trash it just makes me want to watch it again anyways.

He has to see it cold.
Make it a virginal experience for him.
Be there as moral support though, and make sure you're both tanked.

With the podcast after, you're one of them, picturing the scenes instead of pre-empting every notable thing.

The experience of watching a bad movie should rest on the movie. All the throwing spoons and poo poo for The Room is so lame and I'm glad I got to see it when the movie still had the chance to be beguiling and mysterious.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 23, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Doesn't the intern/personal assistant job being advertised at the head of the latest Prof Blastoff sound like a ridiculous load of work to be asked to do for free?

I dunno. I don't think we have much of an unpayed intern culture here in NZ.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Sep 26, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Coco13 posted:

Seth Godin on Earwolf. Still having a hard time understanding that one.

Scott's non-comedic passion is music so in this new block he produced Shortwave. I guess this is Jeff Ullrich's in turn, cept doing business isn't nearly as relatable.
I do listen Love Dad without any plans for that poo poo, though.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 2, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

Hey, so um Tig Notaro is all healed now? None of you thought to bring that up? :mad: Congrats Tig! SA loves you!

Weird. Just the other day I heard the preview of the Dealing With Illness episode of This American Life that's coming next week featuring Tig and it didn't give any impression of overcoming.
I wonder how quickly they recorded this Prof Blastoff ep and got it up.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I made it through 34 eps. What did I win?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Politicalrancor posted:

The job of explaining "why?"

I'm able to listen to podcasts all day at work so for the last two years I've basically heard every Earwolf show.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 7, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is the Kim Gordon fashion show clip he played on the internet? I couldn't find it on YouTube.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are Reality Show Show and Shots Fired anything decent?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The banter on the Reality Show Show doesn't sound too rehearsed to anyone else? Maybe I just like hosts who have obviously not prepared poo poo and just talk, like Who Charted.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In the comments they mentioned it was recorded 14 months ago.
What would cause the wait?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey Jeff. What's with the censoring on the CBB special? Is Presents a feed y'all want to keep free of the explicit tag in iTunes or something?

It was funny to hear posehn getting beeped so much in casual speech.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 10, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Listened to the last Two Charted today and I think they spilled the beans on a secret behind the upcoming Analyze Phish ep. You might not want to mouse over this.
Howard Kremer and PFT recorded a podcast discussing Jaws under the title Analyze Fish, which will have an intro from Scott and Harris, which I'm sure is supposed to be a surprise reveal for AP fans tuning into the latest podcast. Oh well.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I really hope AP ends with Scott convincing Harris that Phish sucks.

I think Harris convinced himself by Ep 3.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

All the photos for a month or something have had filters on them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So, what's happening with the video podcast thing Scott mentioned on CBB? I don't get exactly what's happening.
Videoed Nerd Poker would be great.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jeff. Drop the photo filters already.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just started listening to the Rafflecast and EP6 where he spends the whole ep composing a christian rock song with Har Mar was incredible.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rafflecast, Professor Blastoff and Improv4humans.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Evil Agita posted:

Nah the show really dipped and I stopped listening when TV show actors seemingly came on way often. He brings in a comedian too, but sometimes they can't handle the comedy heavy lifting. It just stopped being funny and I have like 20 episodes on backlog now.

Here's probably my favorite recent one if you're accepting good ep recommendations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI

There are still plenty of episodes without any awkward guests.
At a glance I remember 194, 204 and 209 being really good.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 1, 2013

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Trujillo posted:

Since earwolf started using the soundcloud player I haven't been able to get their shows on my phone. My phones getting old and can't use fancy "apps" but I can still get the internet. I was using funny or die for a bit but apparently they stopped updating their podcast section a few weeks ago. Anyone know of other sites that put earwolf podcasts up?

Could you just stream or pull off the individual Earwolf.com pages?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey Jeff, if you're still reading, what's stopping you guys uploading the VPN episodes of shows at the same time the audio versions go out?
Like, Prof Blastoff a few days ago mentioning things going on in the video stream made me want to go watch the show on Youtube instead, but it takes about a week.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TransatlanticFoe posted:

They take forever to be added for some reason, even though they're up days before but marked private. Usually you can look through the Earwolf comments if you can't find it elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7jjBJeTcY

Praise be to She Who.
Is that the regular studio but with plastic over the table and blackout curtains? Why'd they do that?

e: Oh. It's 'the hatch' with beakers and two circuit boards and a picture of a macbook taped to the wall.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 21, 2013

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd love for someone to animate a Nerd Poker adventure with the NPCs having to mouth out all the urr's and umm's the DM puts in their dialog.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just listening to the latest Improv4Humans and they did a scene prompted by DemoniusX's fleshlight video.
Incredible.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The episode before last with the end of the battle was so tough to listen to. I wish they'd just wrapped up after the big fight instead of the DM making up deus ex machina off the top of his head urr-ing and um-ing as much as he was describing anything.
Is it typical for resurrections and deities saving everyone in DnD? Brian and Sarah seemed to have no idea why they weren't just dead and over.
I want there to be a new campaign already.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

it's not like the story is made up off the top of Sark's head

If that's true of this instance and he's describing something concrete in his head, he's amazingly bad at it. Count all the "umm... sort of..."'s and pauses when he's describing the massive god thing. It was excruciating.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 19, 2013

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yo, Wittelheads.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Harris' Who Charted is archived on VPN right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKoRwMNvUFQ

Watch it now before it's pulled and put on the Earwolf Youtube a week later.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wittles' Charted is finally up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eefZAtdsdoA

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I bought a comic just now and...

That's sure distracting.

edit: I would welcome a Howie Kremer superhero though

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ibntumart posted:

Which comic was this?

DC's The Movement #2.
'Kulap' was also in Batgirl. Both are written by Gail Simone. Guess they're buds.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I don't know if either of them have a connection to the comedy scene, but that was part of an initiative to diversify Earwolf with that money show, Love Dad, Shortwave, Reality Show Show, Nerd Poker and others all appearing about the same time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That caller's poem was perfect.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I stopped paying attention to the campaign after they fought the water king, but I still just enjoy them in my ears as background to playing Animal Crossing or whatever.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You'd be infuriated by the Chelsea Peretti podcast.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Give the Adam Scott co-hosted episode a try.

e: This one http://feralaudio.com/19-the-hawaii-episode-jk/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 11, 2013

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You're missing out on some Scott T.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

R&B are great. I'm not sure any other host/character could get away with talking about purposefully masturbating in front of a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What a lot of nothing.