Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Woah woah woah. When did bing buy Earwolf ads? What a mindfuck. Some meta joke type poo poo right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I can't believe I have slept on these guys for so long. Incredible show. Dong Lover.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Dark Weasel posted:

Honestly one of the reasons that I4H is so good to me is that, no matter who the players are, everyone's still beholden to the whims of Matt Besser. The Tim Tebow episode is one of my favorites because every minute of it is just tinted with one man's hilarious rage, and if the show were structured just straight scene-to-scene without his poo poo, it wouldn't be nearly as fun or unpredictable as it is now. I love that he'll occasionally walk in with a horrific story like that, or decide to just up and dominate an episode with debates about gay athletes and almost no improv. It's kind of a delight that he never holds back—even when it doesn't work, it's always interesting.

Yeah, Besser is an interesting guy. I kind of like how it is half talk-back radio rants and half long-form improv. His personality is definitely part of the show's appeal, even when he isn't being funny.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Those numbers bum me out. I hope it doesn't include iTunes.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I cannot loving wait. Holy poo poo. What a time to be alive.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I was in until I read "call-in" podcast. I couldn't do Call Chelsea, so I am not sure how I couldn't handle this one.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Big fan of the Mimby Project, myself.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

It's a really good show. Tom being a giant music nerd really changes the dynamic. It isn't just Scott goofing on Harris for being crazy into a silly band, as Tom gets to the heart as to why the songs are bad. His music criticism actually creates a good discussion. His bit about four different stages was astute and hilarious.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Holy loving poo poo. This is a good world.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Holy poo poo. Besser gets to talk with the star of his favourite video of all time. Can't wait to hear, but I can't do awkward so maybe I'll just flick through it.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

erezaka posted:

the trumpet guy is no demoniusx thats for sure.

Demoniusx improv scene with Schwartz and Lapkus was G.O.A.T.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Improv4Humans is one of the few shows that's actually funnier in the live format. Amazing episode.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I heard a few episodes of Topics, and I liked it because it felt like I was in a really ill-informed sociology class at a liberal arts school. I think every episode plays with this idea, so as a series of podcasts it might be one note, but it's worth listening to every now and again.

Also, I have a weird crush on every member from The State.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Andy Daly's podcast is something special and we will cherish it for years to come. What a magical time.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

U2 talking to me is awesome and I don't really care for the band. The Scott's have great chemistry, and they goof of enough to keep the laughs up. Also, their enthusiasm is infectious.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Scotts are running the t-shirt gag into the ground, but I still laugh every time.

"Hey, Bono?"

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Hollywood Handbook is seriously the best thing, no lie.

(Wolf Den is rad, thanks Jeff)

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

AV Club last week (maybe week before) said that U2 Talking to Me was the best new podcast and I don't know if they never listened to it or they are just in on the joke.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Thanks Jeff, all the best!

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I honestly do not have time to listen to all these podcasts. Jesus Christ.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Which when did Affirmation Nation get cancelled?

I've played catch up and the last episode uhhhh

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Betsy Sodaro played it straight and that still didn't work.

Lapkus is great and the Wild Horses and HH episodes were so good, but otherwise, yeah, the podcast doesn't quite work.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Paul Scheer Hollywood Handbook because the readthrough of So I Guess I Married A Van Hellsing 2: The Skellington's Kiss is amazing.

This episode is so good and like Teen Pope, the music cues were excellent.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I like June as a comedian but she might be a for real stupid person.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Who would start every scene as an authority figure demanding answers if Matt Besser was absent though...

drat it's true

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

David Huntsberger is a legit stupid person and he is on the very show that demonstrates the limits of his knowledge of everything.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

David CAN be okay. It's unfair for someone like him to be placed next to two people who are naturally funny.

Isn't David a comedian? Right? So it's not unfair?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Yeah, the live show is what won me over. It's a show that really thrives in front of an audience.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

First Brian Husky episode is the next place to go, and then the BJ Novac episode. Have fun.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Oh cool I might come back to the show

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

xbilkis posted:

Apparently Scott posted in the Earwolf forums that they're going to be producing a season 2 of Mike Detective for Howl at some point, so I now think this is the greatest idea of all time and will pay for it until I die

Oh my god

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

People who were a little late to CBB absolutely need to listen to all of Mike Detective in one sitting.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Best bit of the Pauly episode is the Ehh Wrong segment the second week

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Isn't howl a mid roll thing, which is Jeff's new joint?

Come on Jeff, come in and explain why I can't see which podcasts I have downloaded so I can listen to them on the go.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I think it's a cool way to do limited series, which is hard to get ad support for, but otherwise the Howl app is very pretty but undercooked and needs some work.

To be honest, the subscription doesn't bother me. They have busted their rear end off for years for nothing, and if they need another way to keep the ship going that's fine. I also like having a big list of earwolf and wolf pop stuff to browse through. It's easier than doing it in Downcast.

Thanks to Howl I finally checked out I was there too and it's so great.

The Wild Horses one is super amazing too.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I Was There Too is my new favourite podcast. The Paul Rust episode is fascinating from start to finish.

Matt Gourley is also a great interviewer and always fun to be with.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Haha the first Tom Episode where they talk about Jeff Garlin:

"Have you ever heard the end of someone else's story?"

"No"

"Then you would be perfect for By the Way in Conversation"

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

The latest I was there too with Paul Scheer is a must listen. Holy poo poo

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

ElCondemn posted:

Every episode of I was there too is great, Matt Gourley is just a pleasure to listen to. He really captures the fun exciting part of being in movies/hollywood that you don't hear about too often anymore.

Except the Scheer episode. That job sounded like the opposite of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Fiendly posted:

I was going to make a crack when the show was first starting like "Wonder how long it'll be before this podcast starts going months between episodes..." and unfortunately that time is drawing near, but it maintained consistent updates much longer than I'd expected.

Is there confirmation of this? I usually skip the house cleaning stuff.