Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I bought an Audi A8L to solve this problem and my wife and I are 5’8 or under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BonoMan posted:

Well it's not a simple as that really. I mean he is tall, he has leg issues, having a second kid means a poo poo load more stuff on trips than just the second car seat. We upgraded just to be able to carry trip stuff for a family of four.

I mean we didn't flex to an 80k car but...

Fake rich flex with a used one. Ours was $14k. Craigslist pays off sometimes.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

passenger seat is basically all the way back here. Had that massive radian rear facing for over a year as well and it still had plenty of room. I swear it’s the ultimate family car if you have 2 kids or fewer.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BonoMan posted:

They look reclined back but no way are they actually moved back (on the glide rails) right?

Laughing forever in 42.9” rear legroom.

Edit: A lexus LS is probably a more sensible choice but I have a raging boner for Audi's Quattro AWD and I live in a snowy climate. If you go this route, make sure you get one with extensive maintenance records, preferably from a private seller. Deferred maintenance will obliterate your wallet if you aren't careful or are simply unlucky.

willroc7 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 5, 2020

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

cailleask posted:

Back when Toys R Us was a thing, I went and tried literally every car seat in the back of a VW Eos (lol) to find the smallest. It was the Chicco Keyfit 30, by like a lot. Your mileage may vary, but it’s also not a very expensive seat and might get you bridged over the 2-RF gap for another year.

We actually used a keyfit 30 in the center rear for the infant stage. Great seat!

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Steely Dad posted:

Anyone found short streaming preschool lessons that kids engage with?
We've been doing a few lessons here and there on outschool for our 4 year old with moderate success. The investment is low so you can try them and see if they work for your situation. Sorry I can't be more help with your question in general. Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Crossposting from the iOS thread here. Is there any way to set up parental restrictions that only unlock certain apps (games for example) after X amount of time in other apps (educational)? I'd like to set up my kid's iPad so they can have, let's say, 15 minutes of restricted app time after 30 minutes of educational apps.