Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Apologies if this topic has been done recently, but I didn't come across anything in the last few pages. I've got a pair of preschoolers staying home during the pandemic and I'm looking to add a bit of structure and learning to their days. I'm not fixated on academics, I think general socialization and development is more important at this age, but right now it's just "dad goes into his office on weekdays and comes out to check in now and then and the nanny plays play-doh with us and cooks lunch and takes us to the park." I'd like to add just a few chunks of preschool-ish activities to that. I... gently caress, I should have a clearer request here, but honestly I'm kinda worn out single-parenting it, and I hope y'all can forgive me for the vague cry for help: How can I do better at this? Anyone found short streaming preschool lessons that kids engage with? Should I not be worrying about it? In general they're eating well and getting activity and they have each other to play with, so it's not bad, but I want to give them exciting introductions to bugs and outer space and whatnot, and age-appropriate practice with letters and numbers, the kinds of stuff they used to get in preschool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

2DEG posted:

I'm pregnant and my husband has a not great immune system, that level of risk is just too much for us. Are we overreacting?

Hell no you aren't

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

willroc7 posted:

We've been doing a few lessons here and there on outschool for our 4 year old with moderate success. The investment is low so you can try them and see if they work for your situation. Sorry I can't be more help with your question in general. Good luck.

Thanks for all the answers, everyone. I’m checking these options out. I quoted this one specifically to show how dumb I am, because I am literally interviewing for a job at Outschool tomorrow and hadn’t considered it. Kids gonna try this one today, partly as interview prep. Sheesh.