Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Any constipation tricks for a not-quite 7 month old?

We are giving her prune juice in her formula and feeding her prunes, per doctor's suggestion, but her turds are still hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
My 8.5 month year old has a new habit of waking up and screaming until you pick her up, to which she falls asleep until you put her down again, when the screaming starts again. Also happens when putting her to sleep for the night.

My wife and I have differing opinions on how to handle this:

Me - let her cry, she'll wear out and fall asleep on her own
Her - pick her up until she sleeps, put her down and pray that it's the 1% of the time she'll stay asleep

I think she is conditioning our daughter to scream out until she gets picked up. I don't know what to do.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
She just got over being sick for 2 weeks, has 2 teeth and probably more on the way, recently went to the pediatrician and no ear infection. I'll see if I can find that book.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
My little monster is 19 months. She won't do her bedtime ritual for the last 3 weeks. Anytime we put her in her crib she wakes up immediately and screams until she's taken out. If we leave her in there, she will eventually make herself throw up.

She used to go to bed at 8 or 830. Now she stays awake until 10:30+ before finally finding a place to curl up and pass out. My strategy is just let her do whatever with all lights/tv low, just make sure she is safe and not making herself puke. Sometimes she just walks around whining for mom (who is upstairs sleeping by 8, 3 months pregnant), sometimes she sits with me and reads books or watches animal videos on youtube. This goes on until between 12 to 1, when I go to bed. If I put her in her crib, she wakes up immediately screaming, so wife co-sleeps with her in the spare room.

Please tell me this is a phase that will end soon :ohdear:

However she is now telling us when she needs to pee or poop or just did, but won't actually use the potty yet. It's nice to not have to change a poop diaper that's been squished around for a bit.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Nah that's real easy to stop. My wife can't deal with her crying over stuff like that, but I'm a wall and baby knows it.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Wojtek posted:

My little monster is 19 months. She won't do her bedtime ritual for the last 3 weeks. Anytime we put her in her crib she wakes up immediately and screams until she's taken out. If we leave her in there, she will eventually make herself throw up.

She used to go to bed at 8 or 830. Now she stays awake until 10:30+ before finally finding a place to curl up and pass out. My strategy is just let her do whatever with all lights/tv low, just make sure she is safe and not making herself puke. Sometimes she just walks around whining for mom (who is upstairs sleeping by 8, 3 months pregnant), sometimes she sits with me and reads books or watches animal videos on youtube now I just tell her it's time to go to bed and she'll crawl up on the couch and try to sleep next to me. This goes on until between 12 to 1, when I go to bed. If I put her in her crib, she wakes up immediately screaming, so wife co-sleeps with her in the spare room.

Please tell me this is a phase that will end soon :ohdear:
Baby still refuses to sleep in her own bed. We took off the front panel so it's now a toddler bed instead of a crib. I tried sitting in there with her, but if I leave she immediately wakes up (I don't know how she knows). I tried shutting her in her room and doing 1-3-5-10-15 minute "check-ins" at the suggestion of my friend. She barfed everywhere when I did this.

Wife isn't sleeping well and I work so I can only take her all night on weekends. We haven't slept in the same bed in over a month now.

Help.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
We're stopping at 2 (not by my choice), but where are you getting that people with 2 are less happy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
My little goober Lauren has been sleeping alone in her room again for the last 2 nights. Prego is really happy about this since she gets some actual sleep now. I'm indifferent because she was sleeping with mom and not me.

Bonus - A goon in training: