Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My husband and I are idiots and agreed to take our 10 month old to an escape room that’s an hour’s drive away. Tomorrow. When DST hits and everything will already be thrown off. But it’s our friend’s birthday party and they’ve been super accommodating coming to visit us this past year. Someone please tell me our little man is going to be a champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Son is getting a bit too big for the infant car seat. How did everyone go about choosing a convertible car seat? They all look mostly the same with varying price tags.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Grandma is here for a week. Son is refusing second nap and vacillating between his excitable self and extra fussy.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My 1 yr old is sick for the very first time. Super congested, snot dripping down his nose, lots of mouth breathing. I wish I could make him feel better. The fever a couple days before was easier to deal with.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

How long do children stay sick for? My 1yr old had a fever a couple of days last week, turning into major congestion over the weekend. He’s gotten a lot better but still uncomfortable and stuffed up.

Also, should I hold off on giving Tylenol/Motrin? A nurse mentioned they liked to let fevers go if it’s not too high, to help the immune system grow. But it feels hypocritical to deny the little guy while mommy and daddy are popping pills like candy.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Our good little sleeper has started screaming bloody murder after we turn off the lights and leave the room for bedtime, and also wakes up an hour earlier. I am sure he will go back to his usual routine just in time for more teeth to erupt.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Me, letting my son put a ball in my mouth so I can pop it out for his amusement. Belatedly I realize I’m going to have to do this over and over, feeling stupider each time while he cackles in delight.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Why must I imagine hearing my son crying long after he’s stopped?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Driving 2 hours on Sunday to attend a wedding, the same day DST hits! My 1.5yr old son is gonna love it! He’s gonna love the same 2 hour drive back even more!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My son is collecting new scrapes and bruises every day. I would like him to not be a walking scab by the time Thanksgiving arrives.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

What I’m hearing is that my son is never going to cooperate with teeth brushing ever.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My 20 month old son was great about feeding himself until recently. Now everything is thrown onto the floor unless I put it directly into his mouth. He takes this as an opportunity to try and bite me.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Mealtime has become a war of attrition. We are reduced to negotiating with a terrorist. The terrorist always wins.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My almost 2 year old son used to get a limited amount of Miss Rachel every so often, with exceptions for when he was feeling sick. But now he’s throwing tantrums crying for the EEE-moh (remote) and I decided to go cold turkey for a while until I can reintroduce the TV in small doses. Is there a better way to do this? It’s been raining a bunch so we’ve been stuck indoors.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

So glad my son has decided he doesn’t like blueberries at all anymore, after we bought 2 jumbo containers for him.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Crescent Wrench posted:

Glad she had fun. Actually, I've had the topic of sleepovers on my mental list for a couple months now. Sleepover age is pretty far off, but the topic came up and my wife was ADAMANTLY against it. Like, virulently opposed. It seemed to be a combination of cultural factors and growing up in the city, but it completely caught me off guard and was almost unimaginable to me. Sleepovers are some of my favorite childhood memories! It's fun for kids, it's social, and it helps build comfort being away from mom and dad just for a night. Are there people here who are against sleepovers or know people who are?

My kid is nowhere near ready for sleepovers, but I have fond memories of them from when I was a kid and plan to allow it when my son comes of age. There’s definitely a group of moms on the internet that are against sleepovers in any form though. Mostly paranoia from what I could tell but some legitimate concerns too, about whether there might be a gun in the house.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Been getting really into Thomas the tank engine, lately. Maybe even more than my son. Help.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

How do you guys vet a date night babysitter? A mom friend recommended one she uses, but I have no idea what questions I should be asking if any. My kid is 2 in April if that matters at all.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Boy is about to turn 2 and I’ve decided he needs to stop sucking his thumb. Cue application of bitter ointment to his hands before nap time, and he licks his fingers a bunch before jamming the thumb right in. Anyone got tips or advice to share?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I always thought they were supposed to stop by 2 because even baby teeth can become misaligned or so I believed, but if kids are going to 5 or whatever without much concern then I’ll hold off. Haven’t been to a dentist yet for kiddo, should probably do that, huh?