Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Just took our 6 month old on her first flight as a lap infant. Early boarding was great. So are lounges. Had a connection both ways which was a drag. Overall she did great and was only a little more fussy during the very last leg of the return flight. Nonetheless, I'm not going to be quite as enthusiastic as I was to go on a longer flight with multiple connections in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

[quote="Organic Lube User"
I know I'm dramatizing. It's a survival tactic.
[/quote]

Not really. Hospitals are thinly veiled prisons. With doctors.

For content and to add to sleep chat. Our two+ year old is a rock star sleeper and our one month old is exactly what you would expect. We’re looking forward to when she gets day and night straightened out but she’s doing the best she can until then and we just need to wait it out.

On leave from work so I also thought that this was a good time to start a bathroom remodel.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

2.5 year old champion sleeper has recently begun to really rake me over the coals at bedtime.

We go thu our normal routine. As I go to place her in her crib, she starts screaming POOOP! So we go sit on the potty. She poops.

We go back to her room and sing another round of lullaby and now she starts screaming MORE POOOOOOP. Back to the potty 2 more time with this. Only actual poop on the first round.

What the hell is going on?? She is sucking all of the past present and future joy out of my life with this endless end if the day poop tantrums.

Arrgg. It just felt nice to type that out. Sorry for the thread vomit. Very frustrating going from a 30min routine to 2+ hours.

She is small and life can hard.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 6, 2020

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Wish us luck.

This weekend we attempt to liberate ourselves from the tyranny of our 5 month old’s newborn sleep schedule with formal sleep training.

Our 2.5 yo champion sleeper is spending the weekend at the grandparents while we get this going.

Dear god please let it take and go well. My wife has no more fatigue to give.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Sleep training update:

It has been going great. 5 days in and she did nice long naps today and 20 minutes to go down to bed tonight at 7:00 pm. This means my wife is also now getting some sleep. Everyone is happy. That is all.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

5 month old’s sleep training is going well. She goes down for naps in about 2 minutes and bedtime is so much easier. Sleep for anywhere between 3-6 hours at a time. I’m calling it a success.

So.

She has now had hives for 4 days.

She hasn’t pooped in 7. Normally she goes several times a day. 98% breast fed.

Tonight was one day too much of not pooping. She became very sad and uncomfortable. We had been giving her apple juice, bicycling her legs, lots of tummy time, and some gentle massage.

Not a drop. Just lots of heinous toots.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I gave her a glycerin suppository and had poo poo
literally blasting the wall by her changing table in 5 minutes.

She immediately went to sleep and has been for 4 hours.

Kids are fun.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 19, 2020

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Just dropping in to say that sleep training has been a smashing success. Now just working on weaning the feeds at night.

We also just started solids.Pandemic excitement!

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Steely Dad posted:

preschool.

There is a preschool teacher from Virginia that is doing a virtual preschool that our daughter is gobbling up. Comes with little downloadable packet of activity for each day grouped around a theme.

https://playtolearnpreschool.us/

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Our 6 month old slept through the night for the first time. What a glorious day (night).

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

We got the $25 dollar Ok to Wake clock from amazon as we already had a dohm sound machine. Not the most stylish but it serves its function well for us.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Tonton Macoute posted:

Can't learn without exposure, can't get exposure because it's too frustrating to not to understand.

We are in a similar situation, albeit reversed. English language skills are fantastic but second language skills, that they practice only with us, are lack luster. Our 3 year old has a very limited patience when we are using 2nd language books or video. She’s never been in a situation where she has needed to be able to communicate with someone in it.

Some travel abroad would change that.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

The best trick I found for trimming nails on small folk is to make sure you have the arm completely extended so that they can only apply force in one direction. Otherwise, there will be blood. Our 3 year old now asks me to file her nails.