Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Apologies if this is old ground, but I'm afraid I'm not too excited about reading 270 pages to see if it's been asked before-

We've decided it's time to stop our 14 month olds dream feed, as he's been consistently sleeping through for a good few months now. What are the best options? Cold turkey/reduce dream feed volume over time/bring dream feed earlier each night over time to taper it off? Does anyone have any experience with this that could help?

We've tried for the last 5 days, and he's slept through for 3 of them, but woken for a feed around 3am the other two. I can't really see a pattern, apart from the two nights he's woken he's had his dinner a bit later so he's then not had much of his bottle after bathtime. Do we just need to do dinner a bit earlier so he'll have that bottle maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

Does anyone have a tips for how to put a baby down for sleep when he only wants to be held? The longest sleep we've got our 1 week old Lenny to have in his cot is 30 mins! Unfortunately it's too hot to swaddle him up in blankets. Help! I'm terrified that I'll be going back to work in a few weeks and we'll still be stuck like this, which will not make for fun times for any of us.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

Cheers guys. I suspect we might just have to ride it out! I think we're just spoiled because number 1 would just chill happily wherever we put him down, and would self settle to sleep no problem.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The toddler has a constant dry cough which is keeping both him and us awake all night. Has anyone had any experience with a humidifier? Google says it may help, but I don't want to drop cash on one if it's basically a 'it may help, it may not, who knows we're clutching at straws' situation.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

Hadlock posted:

It's like late spring what's your indoor humidity like, what's the humidity outside? This time of year humidity is going to be 45-60% so my guess is a humidifier isn't going to help much

Humidifiers seem to be most effective, in my experience, when it's cold and dry outside, and indoor humidity is less than 40%

No idea to be honest! The met office website reckons it's around 60% overnight at the moment so maybe not then