Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyDaemon
Jan 14, 2006

Lower your standards.
This means dating fat girls because you can't do better.
I'm getting very frustrated trying to find the magic combination of sleepwear that will keep Kosta toasty at 4:00 AM, but not so sweaty and uncomfortable when he goes to bed around 6:30 or 7:00.

We don't have central air and it's not quite cold enough for kicking the heat on, so it's about a 5-6 degree temperature drop in the wee hours. But when we're going to bed around 10:00 it's not cold yet, so throwing a blanket on him makes him too hot.

And he wakes up, cold--sometime's he'll go right back down with an extra blanket and sometimes he's up for WAAAAY too long.

I have a thermostat in the room and I'm getting kind of nutso checking it all evening. Do you think babies would sleep better if they are slightly too warm or slightly too cold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyDaemon
Jan 14, 2006

Lower your standards.
He's 16 months, and he doesn't talk so I can't be certain. But he's all scrunched up into a ball when I check on him and he's only started waking up in the last few days since the weather has turned.

That's a good idea to check his core. I was going by his cheeks and hands.

LuckyDaemon
Jan 14, 2006

Lower your standards.
Hello thread. I am about to fly with my 18 month old, alone. Please kill me.

Or, ideas. I decided not to risk a nighttime flight because if he slept that would be awesome, but if he didn't it would be hell. We're leaving the house at 5:00 AM and I plan to put him to bed at 5:00 PM the night before so he's tanked up on sleep and in a great mood. We should get into our new destination around noon thirty.

So far I have snacks...and that's it. We don't have a portable DVD player and I've actually tried to get him to watch a little TV before (bad mommy), but he's not interested. Because he hates sitting still.

He's flying as a lap infant, no flaming please. Has anyone done this before? I just feel so much dread when I think about it.

LuckyDaemon
Jan 14, 2006

Lower your standards.
My son is a little over two.
Overall he's reasonably well-behaved (for a toddler), but lately we are dealing with him interrupting conversations. It's pretty embarrassing when he does it when I'm talking to the doc, for example. He does it to me and my husband all the time. He's very persistent and he will repeat himself a thousand times if we keep talking and ignore him. Any ideas?
I SAHM with him and I spend hours and hours a day focusing on him and speaking with him. It's definitely not a lack of attention. I can't even talk to my husband in the evenings or in the car without him trying to derail the conversation. My husband thinks it's because I generally give him too much undivided attention. I think it's because we've been dealing with up until now with "Nevermind, babe. Let's just talk after he's in bed" and he kind of wins.

It was particularly embarrassing at a doctor's visit yesterday where she was trying to speak and he just kept going and going and going. That's when it hit me that I better do something about it now.

LuckyDaemon
Jan 14, 2006

Lower your standards.
The taking turns approach makes a lot of sense, thank you!

We've been working on the concept at the park (where everyone wants to play with the coveted spinny toy) so he's familiar with the concept of taking turns.

Yes, his mode of conversation is Clever quip repeat 5000X and usually acknowledging helps but not always.

The latest is "Kosta biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig penis" and I can't tell you how that happened. I taught him "penis" because I believe in teaching anatomically correct terms, but I certainly didn't tell my 2 year old he's hung.

It's been awkward, to say the least.