Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spider2745
Feb 14, 2012

Super Dude posted:

Thank loving god those episodes are over.

What episode was 3:50 in the 100th episode trailer from?

If you're referring to the part with Ahsoka? that was from S03 E15 overlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Well, that was a lot better - but only because the two episodes before were so dismal. I would have liked to see a bit more time spent on Gregor's memory coming back more slowly than, for example, showing Gascon griping about food, but at least it's over.

Still, it was nice to see more creatures from the original trilogy added to the character model library, especially the Sullustan, but also the Aqualish spitting in the street.

EDIT: I just read up on the arc. It's a four-parter. :gonk:

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

We've only got one more episode to get through and we get to the good stuff.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
While the story is pretty lackluster, at least some of the art department people manage to put a lot of love and fun into their work.
Last episode we had Jaxxon's skeleton, and according to the episode guide on starwars.com, this time around these awesome posters are visible in different places in the town:

"Kowakian Monkey Island", "Full Throttle" and "Day of the Sarlacc"

I'm tempted to go look for them, but it would mean watching the episode again.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Those posters are awesome and I wish they'd release higher-res versions of them. Look at Boba there. :3:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
That episode was the worst.

You're his slave, and that is wrong. You're a clone to fight our noble wars OUR slave! :psyduck:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
He died so it's all good.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
They're still on that silly drone arc? I'll tune in when they start showing Ventress again. Or maybe something good for a change :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Kellanved posted:

They're still on that silly drone arc? I'll tune in when they start showing Ventress again. Or maybe something good for a change :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPnr0KeroZY

:(

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dammit.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

I would rather have the youngling arc back. Who thought this was a good idea?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The end of that latest episode was pretty drat spectacular looking. It would have played a lot better had R2 really been killed. It would have made zero sense, but it being R2 took out some of the ompf from the episode, since you know he survives.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Well that wasn't horrible, the explosion looked really cool. Does anyone have a link to the promo for next week?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That was probably one of the best representations i've ever seen of what a supermassive bomb would look like after going off in space.

I hope Star Destroyers blow up just like that in Episodes VII, VIII and IX.

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009
Came here to post the same thing. That explosion (and the debris hitting the station) was spectacular. Shame it came from such a terrible set of episodes.

As I'm soon to be a Dad in a very Star Wars household, I'm keeping a record of which episodes to show my kids (and in what order). I want everything which adds to the world (seeing Tarkin in this episode was a nice little development after his rescue) or looks really cool and Star Warsy (like that explosion), but trash like Padme's politics and Lucas' family's politics and this last set really don't make the cut.

I can't believe I had to concede the goddamn Jar Jar as a bumbling Jedi episode, as some part of it becomes relevant in an arc later on.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
poo poo yeah, we're back to Darth Maul in a few hours. If I had to watch another episode where the entirety of the dialogue was:

Any given droid: *beep boop beep beep*
The Jar Jar Droid: Why yes, I quite agree, Droid, *repeats Droid's statement*
Shitbag Colonel: gently caress all droids, even though R2 has saved my rear end at least 3 or 4 times every episode!

I was going to lose my loving mind.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
God, that felt good.

Pretty crammed, sure, like they wanted to tell a 90-minute story in 20, but after that dismal droid business, what a rush.

I honestly can't wait to see where they're going with this.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
When I'm about to give up, they pull me back in.

All the droid episodes could have been replaced with an arc showing the rise of Maul's Underworld Empire and the season would have been better for it.
Anyway, count me onboard for this arc.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That was a pretty badass blacklight sword that the head of the Deathwatch had.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
After the forgettable Droids-stuff this episode was really excellent. Might have been better with two episodes covering it, but I loved it anyway.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Good episode

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Niki yang is jabbas newest protocol droid.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

thelaughingman posted:

Niki yang is jabbas newest protocol droid.

Or possibly Lady Rainicorn.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.
Finally, a return to Sithy goodness. :neckbeard:

I have trouble seeing Maul as anything other than a relatively mindless attack dog. Seeing him mostly calm and focused on a long-term plan seems kind of odd, but at least they've been able to do a good job of reinventing the character and giving him a lot more depth.

I like that Maul has moved past the overconfidence that got him "killed" in The Phantom Menace, and now he accepts that he can't take on Obi-Wan and the Jedi or Dooku and the Separatists without strong allies of his own. I know he's still primarily seeking revenge on Obi-Wan, but I think I'm more interested to see what, if anything, he does about Dooku. Since Maul thinks Dooku is a usurper of his rightful place as Sith apprentice, I think he'll use his new allies to harass Dooku in an attempt to discredit him in Sidious' eyes.

Of course, that's when things will really get good. Sidious can't let squabbling placeholder apprentices get in the way of the Sith Grand Plan, so I can't wait to see his "Enough! I'll deal with this myself." moment.

Sith Happens fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 21, 2013

Gatito
Mar 29, 2010
Good, surely rushed but leaps and bounds better than the last 8 episodes. They could have used an episode to recruit every faction.

Also I liked how Vizla is regretting getting help from the zabraks, yes, they want a return to the glorious warrior mandalorian tradition, but that is far from the criminal empire Maul is planning.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

Gatito posted:

...but that is far from the criminal empire Maul is planning.

I'm still not convinced that this is anything more than a cover story to mislead Vizla. Ruling a criminal empire seems too petty and mundane for someone like Maul. Try as I might, I just don't see Maul as the underworld-gangster type.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Is Maul's voice still the guy who did Force Unleashed? Or did they change it? It's been long enough, and I don't remember him having that accent before. I can't believe that droid arc lasted so long. :ughh:

high six
Feb 6, 2010

Island3 posted:

I'm still not convinced that this is anything more than a cover story to mislead Vizla. Ruling a criminal empire seems too petty and mundane for someone like Maul. Try as I might, I just don't see Maul as the underworld-gangster type.

You should read his wookiepedia. Despite being a sith apprentice he has always had work in the underworld and doing dark things, he defeated the Black Sun before, and had dealings with spicers, and that's probably a part of what helps him take over the other organizations. He's always been good at thinking of clever ways to defeat his opponents, no matter how.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
I can't believe what a crappy fighter they portrayed him as.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

high six posted:

You should read his wookiepedia.

I'm reluctant to view his page because I don't want to find out that he was also partially responsible for obtaining the Death Star plans.

quote:

He's always been good at thinking of clever ways to defeat his opponents, no matter how.

Hopefully he can keep his emotions in check this time. I remember him falling head over heels for Kenobi in Episode I.

Forum Actuary
Jan 23, 2004
BRITISH
Beware that the wiki page for him also details the next two episodes, because there was a book released already that tells the same story.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TheBigBad posted:

I can't believe what a crappy fighter they portrayed him as.

I kind of chalked that up to him recovering from near death and having funky robot legs. Dude needs a Grevious like cyborg bottom and become walking death.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman
So long Vizla. It's been a slice :roflolmao:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Really good episode, I was glad they had Maul execute him. I figured Vizla would flee in some fashion. Of course, it really only helps to reinforce that Maul should be executing Satine immediately.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Pretty pumped for the next few episodes. Can't wait to see Palpatine take off his gloves.

I'm really liking Maul's depiction more than Dooku. He's become more than just an attack dog.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman
My favorite aspect of Maul's character is that his normal speaking voice sounds like a more subdued version of Christian Bale's Batman Growl.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
The duel was nice, but as always it seems Jedi/Sith don't use their full powers when fighting 'normal' people. I still don't get it he didnt force choke Vizla instantly.

Anyway, here's too hoping before dying, Maul gets to be evil and kill Asoka. But that might be too dark for a kid show.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

mmtt posted:

The duel was nice, but as always it seems Jedi/Sith don't use their full powers when fighting 'normal' people. I still don't get it he didnt force choke Vizla instantly.

The real answer is that it would be more boring to watch than a sword fight, the in universe answer is probably something like it's hard to force grab someone's throat if they're moving around a lot like characters like Vizla or Grievous tend to do.

mmtt
May 8, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

The real answer is that it would be more boring to watch than a sword fight, the in universe answer is probably something like it's hard to force grab someone's throat if they're moving around a lot like characters like Vizla or Grievous tend to do.

See Indiana Jones, bringing a gun to a knifefight and all that. I'm not sure, but I think Savage force choked some Death Watch redshirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
You know, I wonder how rabid Karen Traviss fans took this episode, what with Mandalore's return to their warrior culture and all.

Loved the duel. Not too short, lots and lots of cool little details and moves, and Viszla's beheading was a great example of how you get away on children's TV with portraying something incredibly brutal without actually showing it, if you frame the shot right and let the sound do the work for you.

The more I'm looking at this shot, the more I admire it. I know it's CG and therefore much easier to frame, but look at the way Bo-Katan's elbow juust covers the missing head as the body collapses. Masterful.

• Locked thread