Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

limp_cheese posted:

Wouldn't destroying that power station shut down power to the rest of the city? Wouldn't that piss off the local population, defeating the purpose of blowing it up in the first place? Am I missing something?

Look at you applying logic to this show. But to answer your question: yes, as the generator blows up we can see the entire city go dark. Unspoiled food is overrated anyway.

Honestly, this season has been pretty terrible so far. If next week's episode isn't a clear improvement, I'm done, no sense in watching a show you don't enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

seravid posted:

Honestly, this season has been pretty terrible so far. If next week's episode isn't a clear improvement, I'm done, no sense in watching a show you don't enjoy.

I've been saying this since the start of season 3

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
The decision to move the Maul story up front and not to start the season with this arc is looking better all the time.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Calliper posted:

I've been saying this since the start of season 3

It's not a bad show, but it's gotten stagnant and repetitive. I know you shouldn't expect much from a kids show based on the prequels, but there have been some legitimately good episodes. It's still just way too inconsistent.

Many will probably disagree, but I think they should make Ahsoka the de facto main character and focus on her. I'm just so sick of Anakin and everything about him.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Hakkesshu posted:

Many will probably disagree, but I think they should make Ahsoka the de facto main character and focus on her. I'm just so sick of Anakin and everything about him.

I totally agree, but I'm fairly sure you misspelled "Obi-Wan"

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Hakkesshu posted:

It's not a bad show, but it's gotten stagnant and repetitive. I know you shouldn't expect much from a kids show based on the prequels, but there have been some legitimately good episodes. It's still just way too inconsistent.

The best episodes are the ones when the good guys don't win or do win but are seriously mauled in the process.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.
I thought the last two episodes were decent, but I wonder if the season is falling prey to Milhouse's "When are they going to get to the fireworks factory?!" effect.

It was definitely a smart move to put the Maul episode as the season premiere to set the stage for the season, but since we know there's so much coming with Maul, Oppress, Dooku, Ventress, Mandalorians, and even Sidious in action, these little detour episodes just seem like they're in the way of bigger, better things to come.

Then again, this could be setting up something with really big implications (at least maybe just for Ahsoka?) later on.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Simstim posted:

The best episodes are the ones when the good guys don't win or do win but are seriously mauled in the process.

Funny how much the WH40k mindset improves the show. The good guys win after suffering lots of casulties and what they won is just a smoking crater in the ground. For the Emperor and the Republic.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

It appears after this arc we have a few Padme episodes to look foward to.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
It was only okay. Not the best episode, but I'm still curious to see where they're going with this.

Locutus of Bald fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 20, 2012

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

Was thinking that Obiwan or Anakin will kill one of the sith to make obiwans line in episode 3 make sense

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I really liked Ahsoka's face as she took out her lightsaber to go help the King. Maybe foreshadowing what happens to her, who knows.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

http://blog.cartoonnetwork.com/2012/10/17/first-look-yoda-schools-younglings-in-the-gathering/

This is going to be terrible.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Those are some fantastic comments

quote:

cool

blue

sith

star wars adventures

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Unless those kids start cutting off each other's heads while saying "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE", this Gathering is going to be awful.

shinykaylee
Aug 29, 2007
I can kill you with my mind

Calliper posted:

It appears after this arc we have a few Padme episodes to look foward to.

There is an upside to this, at least for me: the return of Rush Clovis and the clip from the preview of Anakin absolutely losing his poo poo all over the drat place. I know it's not an overly popular opinion, but my favorite parts of this show are the "Anakin losing his poo poo" parts.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I don't know what bothered me more. That this show had me thinking that the random female rebel was obviously being set up to die horribly on screen or that they actually ended doing it.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't know what bothered me more. That this show had me thinking that the random female rebel was obviously being set up to die horribly on screen or that they actually ended doing it.

What? Did you catch an advanced screening or something?

Edit-

Also everyone should read this article about the four part "Young Jedi" arc.

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/24/what%E2%80%99s-inside-star-wars-insider-137/

Here's a sample to get you in the mood

quote:

It’s a series of episodes showcasing Ahsoka and a group of younglings – episodes that were edited together as a unique feature-length movie screened at Celebration VI. These episodes, “The Gathering,” “A Test of Strength” “Bound for Rescue” and “A Necessary Bond” will deliver a rousing Clone Wars adventure in the vein of the classic Lucas and Spielberg produced-films that dominated the late ‘70s to mid-‘80s. And they feature an amazing guest star that – much to my surprise – has not been reported anywhere since the Celebration VI screening. I guess he filled the role that well that no one guessed who he is…

go back 2 Texaco fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 26, 2012

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Calliper posted:

What? Did you catch an advanced screening or something?

Edit-

Also everyone should read this article about the four part "Young Jedi" arc.

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/24/what%E2%80%99s-inside-star-wars-insider-137/

Here's a sample to get you in the mood

The random rebel woman who they kept showing and that went to follow the brother of the leader when he went to bust out the real king. They showed her getting shot in the chest on screen right before the rebels got captured on the steps.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

Disney bought Star Wars by the way.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If I were to give this show a chance and watch, say, 5 episodes, which would they be? I'm looking for episodes that wouldn't be too silly and ideally feel closer to the OT than the PT. I also don't care about being a little lost by the overarching plot or seeing characters in mid arc, just pure quality of writing and direction.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

If I were to give this show a chance and watch, say, 5 episodes, which would they be? I'm looking for episodes that wouldn't be too silly and ideally feel closer to the OT than the PT. I also don't care about being a little lost by the overarching plot or seeing characters in mid arc, just pure quality of writing and direction.

Well this show is pretty PT heavy so name off some things you like about the PT and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

I like this show because of the clones, so if you're like me here are some episodes I'd recommend:

Clone Cadets S3E1
Rookies S1E5
ARC Troopers S3E2
Darkness on Umbara S4E7
The General S4E8
Plan of Dissent S4E9
Carnage of Krell S4E10

Watch these in that order and you'll get an overall feel for show and will know if you want to dig any further. If you dig clones that is.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Calliper posted:

You don't have George to kick around here anymore.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

TheBigBad posted:

You don't have George to kick around here anymore.

We're not going to have this show to kick around anymore either I bet. I thought it curious Hasbro announcing they thought this season was probably the last but now we know why.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Calliper posted:

Well this show is pretty PT heavy so name off some things you like about the PT and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

I like this show because of the clones, so if you're like me here are some episodes I'd recommend:

Clone Cadets S3E1
Rookies S1E5
ARC Troopers S3E2
Darkness on Umbara S4E7
The General S4E8
Plan of Dissent S4E9
Carnage of Krell S4E10

Watch these in that order and you'll get an overall feel for show and will know if you want to dig any further. If you dig clones that is.

They were the best part about the Tartakovsky version. The list of things I like about the PT is pretty short, but I did like Obi-Wan and the Clones so I'll give these a shot. I'd heard someone say recently that the show is starting to bring in more of the feeling of the Empire in terms of officers and design and such, so thats what prompted my question. Maybe I'm misinformed though.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Calliper posted:

We're not going to have this show to kick around anymore either I bet. I thought it curious Hasbro announcing they thought this season was probably the last but now we know why.

Unless they are shutting down the entire Lucasfilm Singapore operation- and there is reason they would (see Iron Man 3 press release from this week) I highly doubt it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Calliper posted:

Looking forward to them cancelling this show and replacing it with another, shittier Clone Wars-based cartoon, like they did with Marvel.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Hakkesshu posted:

Looking forward to them cancelling this show and replacing it with another, shittier Clone Wars-based cartoon, like they did with Marvel.

Looking forward to the 4th-wall-breaking, wise-cracking Ultimate Darth-Vader-Man and his team of plucky High School students he has to share the house with (how will they keep their secret identity from Aunt Beru?).

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Decius posted:

Looking forward to the 4th-wall-breaking, wise-cracking Ultimate Darth-Vader-Man and his team of plucky High School students he has to share the house with (how will they keep their secret identity from Aunt Beru?).

Get ready to see this show incredibly toned down on Disney xd.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Disney XD isn't Toon Disney, it's their 7-12 year old aimed channel, so its content is similar to Cartoon Network for that age group. I don't forsee much difference.

In regards to this opening episode of the Younglings (arc?), I thought it was pretty good. If anything, I liked seeing a Wookiee kid.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Tron: Uprising is on Disney XD and I'd say that walks the same line of "For Kids but there's stuff adult fans will like too" that this show does.

That said I thought this episode was totally adorable. The little Ithorian in his scarf! :3:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Tomtrek posted:

Tron: Uprising is on Disney XD and I'd say that walks the same line of "For Kids but there's stuff adult fans will like too" that this show does.

That said I thought this episode was totally adorable. The little Ithorian in his scarf! :3:

Does Tron regularly straight up kill people on screen or just off screen constantly in a way that isn't blatantly handwaved as "oh they are just programs, its ok"? I honestly feel that in a way, the Clone Wars cartoon is a bit more violent than the movies, aside from Episode 3.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Wookie Jedi.... no, no, no.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I was digging the 5-engine not-quite-corvette thing that brought them to Ilum.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Madurai posted:

I was digging the 5-engine not-quite-corvette thing that brought them to Ilum.

Yeah that was awesome. Wookiee/Ithorian younglings were awesome, wish they had emphasized the stereo voice on the Ithorian more.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

Uhhh, I thought Wookiees could never become Jedi???

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Where was that ever said?

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

Teek posted:

Where was that ever said?

This is the best source I've got right now

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee

But I swear that I saw a Leland Chee interview where he said no more Wookiee Jedi

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Ahh, I thought you meant as some sort of in-universe thing rather than a decree. A decree can be changed as seen fit, especially when it comes from Lucas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Their little more than mewling dog slaves. They should all be sent to the spice mines of kessel so that real life forms don't have to risk their lives. Wookie Jedi.. *spit*

• Locked thread